What's new

2016 Outdoor Garden of Eden

Status
Not open for further replies.

plantingplants

Nickel, yea I do have granular. Whoops.

Probably have to use a higher amount when using granular huh.

20sack, I think headyblunts uses 'they' pronouns, just fyi.

Last edited:

FoothillFarming

Have you sampled rosin from that press Shcrews? I got a guy with one but dont know if its worth it. Thanks
For what it's worth, rosin is second to none IMO.

Maybe ask heady blunts what they think. I know heady was producing some incredibly beautiful rosin in large amounts

I have seen him in the concentrate thread, I will pop back in and see if he commented. I asked in that thread as well. Thank you.

Foothill, how much/what form of K are you spoonfeeding? I hate dissolving k2so4 so I tried top dressing 50g a plant But they're hungry for it and I'm worried it's not enough in time. With enough Ca I suppose you just need a little.

... I guess that's roughly 72 ppm if spread over 3x3x1. If dissolved immediately though and judging from how much effort it takes to dissolve that shit it's probably going to take 10 water applications to dissolve

I was/(am on some) adding organic sulfates. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008NWUXL8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I top dress 20 grams per 200 gallons of soil, per week. For about 4 weeks now. Spread it nice and thin and make sure not to flood the soil ext ext.

There was a fellow I saw use a $150 cement mixer with a $650 stainless steel funnel extraction attachment and some fine collecting bags. Worked real well, just plugged it in and minutes latter got a hole lot of keif. I can get you more info on those items if you like.:biggrin:

I saw a version of that while shopping the other night, maybe your version was better? The one I saw was like 1500......Great idea, and pass along the link if not too much trouble please.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
foothill samples

foothill samples

For those don't hit the lounge, thought I would post these were they belong.

Attachments

• soil analysis complete with AA & M3 Foothill public.pdf
    33 KB · Views: 52

FoothillFarming

Thank you SlowNickel.

The main tests people should check out are the two AOG tests stacked above each other. Applications of gypsum, Cu and Mn only and quite the changes. ph drop, Mg and Na pushed out, room for fertilizer now.

Damn! Didn't some one advise you that you wouldn't see changes in testing often? Clearly foo foo.

Great job doing it. Now you can make a run chart for what's working and start building a data set to map plant health at time of season vs nutrient demand then plot that against what your weekly applications are then you can come up with an idea of what to hit them with to prevent them running out of steam at this time next year ...

jidoka

Yup. I am starting to to think 100 gallons dirt per expected lb. If you push a 200 gal pot for 6+ you might better know what you are doing

FoothillFarming

Some of my 100 gal pots might hit 3-5 packs.

So the Elysian guys refuse to call me back for some reason. The engineer called right back and had a good conversation. The other guy, the guy who squishes, I have asked three times to call and he still wont. Weird, but they just lost a $5,000 dollar sale. Decided to order up a unit popular in Colorado, UL listed. I like that.

FoothillFarming

Chance of rain and thunderstorms over the next three days starting tomorrow. Low of 34 predicted....... My light dep replants might die........ Hope not full season

O

Oakhills

That's hilarious! On another note, your garden is looking great, I've learned a lot from the dialog here. I'll be doing soil testing throughout the season next year for sure. Hopefully I'll learn how all the numbers interact with each other; salt up takes, micro interactions, calcium levels relating to everything else, etc.!

I did gypsum/EWC soil spikes a week ago and hopefully see a difference soon...

Thanks for starting the thread Foothill and for everyone who chimes in!!!

You only have until mid bloom to move calcium to the fruit tip before it starts asking for k to expand cell size the window on getting Ca to the plant has been shut.

1500 on better controlled plates (only one with UL listed controls) seems better than 5000!

If you really wanted to do it like Elysian you could always mount them sideways

plantingplants

Thanks for letting us ramble in here too, foothill.

I don't have personal experience with 34f but I read a lot about what they can stand. Your full seasons definitely shouldn't die and in a Hoop your fresh dep starts shouldn't either.

Don't you cuddle your girlfriends at night?

If you're going to worry yourself sick then maybe cover them with frost blankets to keep them warm?

Thanks for letting us ramble in here too, foothill.

I don't have personal experience with 34f but I read a lot about what they can stand. Your full seasons definitely shouldn't die and in a Hoop your fresh dep starts shouldn't either.

Don't you cuddle your girlfriends at night?

If you're going to worry yourself sick then maybe cover them with frost blankets to keep them warm?

i have lots of experience with cold nights on both vegging and full bloom plants. Ill bet any of you dollars to donuts everything will be fine. The hoop might be droopy for a day , but thats about that unless we drop into the high 20s for extended hours. thats when we see the serious problems and death pop up. please dont get me wrong....34 isn't ideal for the small ones, but not the end of the world.

the large plants will take it in stride and show some colors :tiphat:

damn right the glass is half full. :thank you:

Status
Not open for further replies.