What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2016 BASEBALL SEASON!!

Green Squall

I skipped the game today because it was supposed to be in low 50's/raining. Turned out to be mostly sunny in the high 60's.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We beat the Cubs last night 1 to 0 !!! woooo hoooo hehe mad bum hit a dbl to score the only run lol gotta love a pitcher that an actually hit the ball.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
It IS strange when opposing fans are actually happy that they got a win over the Cubs?
Maybe the Apocalypse IS nigh...

FoothillFarming

You guys see Vogey (Ryan Vogelsong) get hit in the face with a pitch? Poor guy. Has had a lot of success, but also a lot of heart break in his career. Wish him and his family the best.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You guys see Vogey (Ryan Vogelsong) get hit in the face with a pitch? Poor guy. Has had a lot of success, but also a lot of heart break in his career. Wish him and his family the best.

Oh shit I didn't see that, poor vogey, hope it's not too bad!

Green Squall

I'm off too Fenway this afternoon for the game against the Mariners. Couldn't ask for better weather. It should be a great day. I think I'll toke a little bit of hash before I leave.:biggrin:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm off too Fenway this afternoon for the game against the Mariners. Couldn't ask for better weather. It should be a great day. I think I'll toke a little bit of hash before I leave.:biggrin:

Awesome GS, have a blast!
Giants play early today, in Florida....but it's the final game of the NBA, go dubs!!

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Dodgers Fan... To HOT to go to the game...

Dodgers Fan... To HOT to go to the game...

It's going to be over 100f on the field today.

I'll be watching from the couch

Green Squall

It's going to be over 100f on the field today.

I'll be watching from the couch

Luckily our seats were only in the sun for the first inning and then we were in the shade for the rest of the game. I still somehow managed to get a slight sunburn in that short amount of time.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I'm glad you didn't get burned!

I'm glad you didn't get burned!

Luckily our seats were only in the sun for the first inning and then we were in the shade for the rest of the game. I still somehow managed to get a slight sunburn in that short amount of time.

And the Dodgers won :jump:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

check this out.

that ball was dropping, curving and headed right for this guys ear or temple, his attention is elsewhere when this kid reaches out and makes the catch, possibly saving his life. the bonus plan??? souvenir baseball.......

aaa432_zpsdvolt6qq.gif

Green Squall

I hope he bought that kid a hot dog or something ha ha.

They put up safety nets at Fenway this year. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I think if your that close to the field you just need to be vigilant.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Had a friend killed by foul ball at Dodger Stadium..

Had a friend killed by foul ball at Dodger Stadium..

check this out.

that ball was dropping, curving and headed right for this guys ear or temple, his attention is elsewhere when this kid reaches out and makes the catch, possibly saving his life. the bonus plan??? souvenir [\URL]

When I was a kid (60's) a friend Alan Fish got hit in the face by a Manny Mota foul down the first baseline. He loved baseball and was eating a Dodger Dog and didn't see it coming.

Sad day, they gave him Aspirin and sent him home. He died a day later.

FoothillFarming

When a Dodger dies from a foul ball, even Giant fans mourn.

Great play by that kid, dad owes him big time.

I have been hit by a screaming grounder that took a bad hop in the chin. 80+ MPH fastball to the head several times, and a foul ball line drive to the head as well but no helmet. (might explain a few things) Not to mention countless foul balls to the face and body. (I was a catcher) Who says baseball players don't have to be tough?

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow 420, that's so sad, you just never know what the next moment might bring.

Mad bum is the DH in the game tonight against the A's!! lol that's so cool...pitching and DH I hope he hits a rocket!!!

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

just watched Carlos Rodon chuck his glove into the stands after giving the Yankees a 6-0 lead. They said he was trying to throw it into the dugout, & missed that too :nono:

EDIT:
oh yeah! craziest thing was that Rodon is a lefty, and the kid that caught his glove was a lefty as he also had his own glove with him in the stands, what are the odds??? and what a great souvenir.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts