What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2015 Outdoors

45th

I'm taking pics :)

My aching BACK....getting old for packing in but I love it!

Had to backtrack and find my folding shovel by crossing the creek two more times than planned.

I got Onyx-BC God-SnowRyder in...glad I wore a facemask and gloves and took deet, the skeeters were horrific...I packed some rubber boots but waded across in my hiking boots...yes, I got wet. Took an alternative way out and hit a spot I have overnighted before...found some nice rubs and scrapes from last deer season...I need to check those spots out for crossbow hunting in October...so I might have a double harvest around that time :)

Stay tuned, will take pics sometime in June especially if my son visits, he's the Biology major-he needs to help me do some crosses. So far no ticks found on me!

Transplanted:

45th

GROW LOG
*May 25 transplant

^Onyx #1 5" horse manure dirt...on river point (sticked)

^Onyx #2 5" put in last year's Lowryder spot

^SnowRyder 4"

^BC God 4" near the east dam/rock crossing (sticked) Hit a sand base.

All tagged on bottom branch, shovel behind BC God area.

No ferts inserted.

5/25 evening...gentle rain booya :)

45th

My island paradise:

DSCF7030_zpsf9d2f267.jpg

45th

From Short Stuff via Seed Centre.

I have a group saved up for next year and am trying crossed too.

Will get some clones from local and trade my outdoor branches later. Works for me :)

45th

This post seems to be morphing into a log: so be it.

Today I took 5 transplants on a journey to a closer but steep trek to the island. Due to heavy and consistent rains this past week the river was very fast and deep. Alone I may have made it but with pack on and carrying transplants I decided to push along through thick crap toward an area I saw engulfed in sunlight in the distance. Following deer trails and previous deer hunter's cut branches I ended up on the far side of the island. The view from the bank included the previously planted island. I soon put in 5 plants with a 1-2-2 pattern in a sun laden open bank that is exposed to sunlight but NOT people. No beaver sign so I am very happy and supportive of a close but yet separate area.

Later I can take photos and do documenting and add nutes to the island group, wade over and attend this new group.

In are: SnowRyder, White Widow, BC God Bud, BC Blueberry and Cold Creek.

Looking forward to seeing some growth...I know ONE thing, they sure smelled good in transport :)

45th

Got my feet wet...LOL A misty morning with sun supposedly behind it so I watered and added nutes.

In the Poison Ivy...lol, yeah I KNOW!!

More photos in album June 5th photos....less than two weeks in both spots.

I should be covered in ticks, nothing so far :)

Attachments

• DSCF4044.jpg
    DSCF4044.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF4045.jpg
    DSCF4045.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF4046.jpg
    DSCF4046.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF4047.jpg
    DSCF4047.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF4048.jpg
    DSCF4048.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

45th

Me too, because of timing and high water it now has morphed into two spots on the river, one being the island and the other the north bank of the far river.

The hard part now is the suspense of leaving them alone for awhile, I have some Onyx in there too now...still have another batch I want to get in-plenty of room :)

W

wegobigupnorth

Haha love the plant in posion ivy. One of my patches is COVERED and I could not avoid it and I am fucking pissed lol. Happens pretty much every year. got it all over my left arm, washed it off right away but I am super sensitive to it I keep some type of prescription steroid cream on hand that clers it up in 2 or 3 days as opposed to 2 or 3 weeks but it man it is almost unbearable at times

But it made me happy in way to see all that ivy there, there is way more then last year. Usual I find ivy grows in moist conditions with better soil aeration then usual(I find a lot in sandy type soil) more importantly of course is it keeps people away

Latest posts

Latest posts