What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2015 looking to add new strains to the menu!

W

WeetisPotPie

Wow I was sure if I removed the glass on my lights I would need an a/c. Guess I was wrong, the temp in the room has dropped, and actually been 2 degrees cooler than with the a/c. 84-86 every time I checked which was every hour up till lights out. Also the RH has really shot up, today it was 50 all day long. So the a/c will go and I will put another bucket in for the next round so I will have 16 sites again. Good thing I ordered back up seeds.

W

WeetisPotPie

Flowering update part 1 day 15

Flowering update part 1 day 15

Sunday night update. Been an eventful week with the a/c going haywire. Things have started to stabilize all the plants are flowering now and looking very nice. Starting to thin things out. I've taken all the runts and smaller phenos and placed their clones in to stasis in the crisper drawer. Tangie 1 & 2, Headband 1, Double Glock 2 and G13HP 4 are all resting comfortably should any of them be a standout then I have backups I can use. Next Sunday I will take photos with the lights off, this weeks pics are kind of boring, next week should be more exciting.

The Tangie crew. #3 is the one I'm keeping so far, her smell when pruning and taking clones was way ahead of the others and her vigor and size are nice.

Tangie #1

Tangie #2

Tangie #3

Double Glock #1

Double Glock #2

continued next post.

W

WeetisPotPie

Flowering update part 2 day 15

Flowering update part 2 day 15

Headband #1

Headband #2

G13HP 2 things about the G13HP, very stable plant, every single one looked the same, male or female, 2nd thing, they are unlike any pure indica I have grown. The pictures aren't great but considering the genetics it's a surprise. Not saying that's bad or good just notable.

G13HP #3 It's hard to see her in front the Tangie. Her sis is identical and that picture is better.

G13HP #4

Here are the Mystery girl(left)and Fatty Bubba #2(right). I can think of a few freebies that may have got loose, sleestack/skunk comes to mind also Kandy or Candy kush forget which one. Good looking plant, really nice node spacing and skunky smell when I pruned her and took clones.

W

WeetisPotPie

Flowering update part 3 day 15

Flowering update part 3 day 15

And last but not least the Starfighter/Stardawg. The lone female of the 6 seeds I popped.

Here is a picture of the garden or 2/3 of it. The plant in the far corner is the Double Glock #1.

Did the first nute change today, added a flowering booster and Co2 this week too. Things should start picking up soon.
Going to pop the next batch of seeds as soon as the order shows up with the extras, and maybe a surprise. After this order from Herbies I will have 20 Afgahni reg seeds. Think I may plant some outdoors, then again I have a buddy who every year hits me up for clones to grow outside, tells me he'll split the harvest with me and then I end up getting some crazy story about.......insert unbelievable story here...and he only has a 2 oz from 6-10 outdoor plants. And that's usually popcorn fart crap. Maybe I'll just give him the beans and he can open pollinate them and get his own shit to grow in the summer. He used to be a really good grower too, my mentor, only reason I put up with his shit, so I know he could do it. Anyway unless something happens I will update again next Sunday. Have a good week and stay safe.

W

WeetisPotPie

Flowering update part 1 day 22.

Flowering update part 1 day 22.

Sorry for the delayed update folks. things have been growing rapidly. Did the final prune this week, hopefully the last, I had to take some tops off the Double Glock, G13/HP and the Tangie. I expected it from the Tangie, but man this Double Glock is a monster, her sister is really a nice plant but is maybe 1/10th the size. Both the G13/HP are crazy tall and thin leafed. All in all everything is looking great. I think I'll do some root shots later this evening. I've boosted up the nutes and Co2 to the level they will be at for the next couple of weeks. The temps are pretty stable at 84-86 and the rh has been around 50, with a little bump at night. I also hooked up the Bluelabs Guardian, pretty simple and since I have the rez out in my lab I can just glance at it from across the room. Yeah I said lab, really we call it the dungeon but lab sounds cooler. Clones are rolling along, hopefully get them into their veg\mom room next week. Here are the pics 3 posts worth.

Star out with the Green Point Starfighter/Stardawg. Lime green stalks dark green leaves, very cool looking. Smell is fruity with a little sour and skunk underneath. I wish I could get better pictures. She has a frost sheen on all the stalks that is amazing.

Next up the Louds Seeds Headband this my #2 pheno, she is really funky smelling. This one looks like a keeper for my room just by her structure and growth. Perfect size, I can imagine a room full of them.

And the Tangie. Smells like orange creamsicle. Not as stretchy as I thought this the #3 the keeper so far, #2 is way to runty, and #1 seems to be a middle of the 2. Neither have quite the smell #3 does.

Here is the G13/HP both look identical and like I've said very non indica.

Continued next post......

W

WeetisPotPie

Flowering update part 2 day 22

Flowering update part 2 day 22

Here is the Double Glock. Just a massive beast of a plant, shame I had to take her tops but better now then when they have grown out of the light zone. All in the fun of pheno hunting.

A couple Ace Fatty Bubba pics. She is only at day 15.

And the Mystery Girl???? Also at day 15.

Some full jungle shots up next.

W

WeetisPotPie

Flowering update part 3 day 22. Garden shots.

Flowering update part 3 day 22. Garden shots.

Here are some garden shots.

and a parting shot as I exit.

Hopefully will have some good budshots up in the next week or two.

W

WeetisPotPie

Sorry folks holiday weekends are crazy round here. I'll try to get an update done tonight. Things are getting out of hand as usual with a pheno hunt and plants of all sizes.

W

WeetisPotPie

Guessing no update. Camera took a dump. Well it only lasted 12 years! Anyway I've got a spare but the lights are already off so I'm leaving em be. All I can say is there are a few clear standouts, trichome wise for sure. Pics tomorrow afternoon with the full update, evening at the latest.

W

WeetisPotPie

Finally day 31 flowering pictures!!!!

Finally day 31 flowering pictures!!!!

Ok been a long week. Down to business. Things are of course picking up quite nicely we are on day 31 of flowering(24 for Fatty Bubba and Mystery Girl). As I said some clear standouts. The Headband #1 could be that elite find, it's pictures speak for themselves. If she has a good smoke and taste well I will be a very happy camper. Her she is.
Loud Seeds Headband

I thought she deserves own post. At least this camera takes better shots.

W

WeetisPotPie

Flowering update part 2 day 31(24)

Flowering update part 2 day 31(24)

Here is the Fatty Bubba from Ace. Another real standout, short, stout, really thick stems. Can't wait to taste her.

And here is Mystery Girl. She has a nice funk to her, good structure too. Another short plant, she is just greasy looking too, dark green fan leaves.

W

WeetisPotPie

Flowering update part 3 day 31

Flowering update part 3 day 31

The G13/HP this from Hazeman seeds. Really nice plant. All I can say is if you think you are getting a short indica, think again. And this was the most stable strain by far, every plant looked the same until I sexed them.

Here is the Greenpoint Stardawg x Starfighter. Nice cotton candy smell with hints of musk. She is 2nd in the frost department. Couldn't get really close due to the jungle.

And last but not least the Reserva Privada Tangie! Frosty as hell! Cannot wait to taste this.

That's it for this weeks flowering update. I have 6 new beans in veg I will photo for tomorrow. Still no sign of my Herbies order. Tomorrow if they don't show I will contact them. Sucks I love Herbies and never have had an issue with a delivery. 3 weeks is pretty much a bad sign though. Still holding out a little hope.

W

WeetisPotPie

Flowering update part 1 day 36

Flowering update part 1 day 36

Weekly update. Things are moving along nicely. Only issue has been that a/c melting and it hasn't affected anything. I bought a new hygrometer, it's wireless and has 3 sensors. So I put 2 in the flowering room one at light level and one at canopy level, the other is in the veg room. Works great for quick temp checks, also the base is a hygrometer so I have that near the clones. Mostly going to be bud pictures till harvest. I can then pull the plants out and see the structures of each one.

G13/HP: Nice plants, hopefully they solid up a little bit more when they finish. One has really sweet candy smell, the other has more of a funk to it.

Starfighter/Stardawg: This is the lone female. I have 4 more beans I will be popping when I run the polar bear og/yeti testers I just received. Not super impressed yet with this girl, smells like cotton candy, very thing stalks.

The Tangie. Filling out nicely. This is the shorter pheno, looks to be a faster finisher, I will post her sisters pics next week. She isn't as orange smelling as the taller phenos, more of skunk smell.

W

WeetisPotPie

Flowering update part 2 day 36

Flowering update part 2 day 36

Here is the Ripper Double Glock. Really nice plant, this is the shorter pheno, but the larger pheno has the same smell and bud structure she's just 3 times bigger. Very sour, smell, solid colas. Impressive strain for sure glad I ordered it.

And my favorite the Loud Headband. Dense rock hard buds, covered in trichomes the smell is not really strong yet just kind of a funky musk so far, very subtle, the colas are filling out really nicely and the stalks support them, so training for yield will be easy with this girl.

W

WeetisPotPie

Flowering update part 3 29 day old plants

Flowering update part 3 29 day old plants

Ok here are the last 2 girls. They are at 29 days. Mystery girl is first, not a lot of trichomes, interesting structure, lots of leaf, dark green and greasy looking smells like some funky stuff very dense plant. Anyone have any ideas what it could be let me know.

Okay and the Fatty Bubba. This is the second pheno of Fatty Bubba I have. She is short, massive leaves, dense rock hard nuggets that smell woodsy.

So far the Headband and the Fatty Bubba are the 2 standouts, if their taste and high are there I will be happy. I would say the Double Glock, Tangie and G13/HP would be next. Time will tell, about half way there right now. On a sad note, my Herbies order never showed. Which sucks because I don't have enough beans to fill out my next run, and that's my fault. Herbies has resent the order so hopefully it gets here this time and soon.

W

WeetisPotPie

Props to Herbies, got my new pack of beans so I can germ them and get the 2nd half of the next crop in. Already popped 2 Loud Sour Diesels, 3 CGS Super SIlver Sour Diesel Haze, and 3 RD OG Ghost Train Haze #1. Going to add 2 more of each and 2 CGS East Coast Cookies. This is the run I'm really looking forward too.

I will do my usual Sunday night update. The plants are all pretty big. And coming along very nicely. Have a good weekend everyone.

Last edited:
W

WeetisPotPie

New seeds and future plans!

New seeds and future plans!

Lots of goodies showing up this week. Got in on the Greenpoint Polar Bear OG testers, ended up with the Yeti, I also ordered the Golden Goat and Tres Sister. Also on my last Herbies order I got some Tru Canna The Truth seeds. So it looks like the pheno hunt will continue into 2016. Getting ahead of myself. Here are some of the next run of veg plants. They are all around 14 days old. All this batch are feminized seeds.

Loud Seeds Sour Diesel, now called AJ's Sour Diesel I believe

Bear
CGS Super Sour Silver Diesel Haze. I believe CGS has 2 versions, SSSDH which I think is a BX and Super Silver Diesel Haze which is a rework. I may have them confused I'm sure OJD could shed light on the differences. Either way this is then non-abbreviated version.

Rare Dankness OG Ghost Train Haze #1. Pissed I couldn't get a pack of regs....:shucks:

Next up is the flowering plants!

Last edited:
W

WeetisPotPie

Flowering update part 1 day 43

Flowering update part 1 day 43

Day 43 for most of the girls. A few of them are a week behind. Not issues to speak of, except having to tie up some of the more lanky girls. The weather is starting to get nicer so I have been scoping some areas to pop some of the freebies. Here are some bud shots.

Loud Seeds Headband

Green Point Seeds Starfighter/Stardawg

RP Tangie

Hazeman G13/HP

Ripper Double Glock