What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2015 looking to add new strains to the menu!

mack 10

Veteran
Blocks looking good.
I'll take a seat and get comfy. Got my eye on those Fat Bubbas.

rolandomota

Veteran
So you want potentcy yet your not growing malawi? Get some golden tiger panama or something known for strength and tremendous yeilds.

W

WeetisPotPie

So you want potentcy yet your not growing malawi? Get some golden tiger panama or something known for strength and tremendous yeilds.

I actually have some Golden Tiger from Ace. 14 weeks is just a little bit long at this point. I want to find some faster finishing strains to run, then I can build up some inventory and do a run of Golden Tiger. The other problems with the sativa plants is it freaks some people out way too much and they hate it, or some people don't get the high and claim that it doesn't work. Personally I love that super psychedelic up head high, I bass fish so to me that is the ultimate weed for being out on a lake early surrounded by nature fishing. I also night fish for bass, mostly alone, lots of bats and water creatures, and of course that is when the biggest bass feed...adrenaline rush with the up high is just amazing. Wow got off on a tangent, ugh I want to be on my boat right now fishing!!!!

W

WeetisPotPie

Ace Fatty Bubba day 59

Ace Fatty Bubba day 59

Thought I would throw up some pics of my Fatty Bubba katsu pheno. She is @ 59 days going to be pulled in the next couple days. The smoke from her is very even headed, very strong coffee, earthy hash on the inhale and on exhale it's got a nice lemon zest that it leaves behind.

Last edited:
W

WeetisPotPie

Update day 28 part 1

Update day 28 part 1

Not too much to report. I was going to go 4 weeks but the cold spell has slowed the plants down a little. Nothing major and no damage. I topped all but the Tangies and the small Star Fighters x Stardawg. Going to start flowering next Sunday. I only have space for 15, the smaller 2 Tangies are going to be held back, so that leaves 16 hopefully I will be able to sex the plants before they go in to flowering. I'm sure out of 11 regulars I will find some males. I have Fatty Bubba, PCK and mystery drawer seed to fill spots for any males I find. Here are this weeks pictures.

Hazeman 88-G13xHP. Really impressed by the uniformity of this strain. A few difference here and there but overall very nice. This is where I want my male from. Would love to cross this with the PCK I have.

Greenpoint Seeds Starfighter x Stardawg. They look good, lots of nice smells on the stem rub.

Here are the 2 Double Glocks. Looking good. #1 is the fastest healthiest plant, smell is very old school afghani.

Loud Seeds Headband. Both very nice looking plants.

Part 2 the Tangies are in the next post.

W

WeetisPotPie

Update day 28 part 2

Update day 28 part 2

Ok here are the RP Tangies. The cold really affected them which doesn't surprise me. I've found that sativas really don't like the cold. Especially anything haze. Not that these have haze in them. Since my veg room is on the outside wall the temp drops affect them especially in the winter. It doesn't get really cold 63 is usually the lowest but it's enough to affect the growth of em. I don't monitor the nutrient temp but I'm sure that is also affected. Indicas on the other hand love it, at least at my place.

RP Tangie. The largest one is going in flowering, she is pure cutie/citrus cleaner smell. Makes your nose pucker if that makes sense. The smaller ones will go in next run.

End of week should be fun. Bunch of trimming and jarring to do, kids birthday, relatives in town and going to try and get these gals in flowering. Luckily Mrs. Pot Pie lets me have a bed down here in the dungeon for catnaps.

Peace,

W

WeetisPotPie

Weetis safety tip of the day. Always wear eye protection when cleaning your equipment. Was lifting one of my 45 gallon tubs to dump in the drain, had about 3 gallons of water and bleach mixture in it. Slipped out of my hands and get splashed right in the eyes with the fluid. Lucky for me I had on safety glasses.

Kiloz

Weetis safety tip of the day. Always wear eye protection when cleaning your equipment. Was lifting one of my 45 gallon tubs to dump in the drain, had about 3 gallons of water and bleach mixture in it. Slipped out of my hands and get splashed right in the eyes with the fluid. Lucky for me I had on safety glasses.

Ouch..

And gloves is a good idea too! The other day i was adding PH- and my eye started to itch. Remember to remove gloves before scratching eye! :tiphat:

W

WeetisPotPie

Ok quick Saturday morning update. Just getting the flower room cleaned up and installing a new vent system for the a/c I bought for the summer. Flowering will start Sunday so I will post pictures of the girls once moved. Finally showing sex and the extra week was a good plan. Even the little Tangies have grown enough to flower.

I decided I would start the Loud Seed Sour Diesel. Instead of running them as seeds I will be taking 4-5 clones of each, that way when I run this next batch of seeds I will have enough for all 15 flowering sites. Since the next batch includes SSSDH and OG Ghost Train Haze#1 it will be longer flowering and I only have 3 of each seed including the Sour Diesel so she will be cloned to fill the void. I'm not comfy filling up more then the 6 slots with the hazes until I've run them through at least once. Haze crosses can get dicey. Since I still need to make some money off these crops I figured this would mitigate the risk. The Sour Diesel is made from an S4 pheno so hopefully will be stable.

W

WeetisPotPie

Update day 1 Flowering pre move.

Update day 1 Flowering pre move.

Well I got everything done so I could move the plants. Ended up with 3 for sure boys. G13/HP #2 and 5 and Starfighter/Stardawg 1. I took some clones and put them in stasis in the fridge of G13/HP #2, it was the nicest male. Some of the plants are still on the fence so hopefully next week I'll know more. That way I can get the bagseed and Fatty Bubba in there.

Here are the plants before they moved.

The flower room cleaned and ready!

W

WeetisPotPie

Update day one flowering. Post move.

Update day one flowering. Post move.

Okay here are the girls all moved in to their new homes.

Back 2 plants are the Headbands, front left is Tangie, front right is Double Glock.

The 2 plants on the right are both Tangies, the left rear is G13/HP and the left front is the other Double Glock.

Plants on the right are Starfighter/Stardawg, the plant on the left is G13/HP.

Plants on the left are the Starfighter/Stardawg and on the right the last 2 G13/HP.

It was has been a very eventful last 10 days. Harvest time always is though. Glad most of the work is behind me, and in a few days I'll be counting down till the next harvest. This week should be busy too, have to take clones off all these plants in the next week or so.

My mom was in town this week and scored me this!!

I know I can't be the only mid 40's stoner who builds Legos still....

W

WeetisPotPie

Tough choices

Tough choices

Going to have to make some choices pretty quick. I thought with 11 regular seeds I would have more than 3 males. Didn't turn out that way from what I have observed so far. Looks like I culled the only 3 boys. The mystery bagseed and the Fatty Bubba need to be flowered so I am going to cull the Double Glock and Tangie runts. I will take as many clones as I can and store them in stasis in the fridge. I may just run the Tangie in the next cycle.

On a positive note things are looking great, everyone responded well to the move and they have already started transpiring a bit. Drank 1/3 of my 32 gallon top off rez, and the room has been gradually increasing in humidity. Today the temp was 86 and rh was 35. By the time I start the CO2 and the fert increase they should be perfect. The double hose a/c is working great. It isn't affecting the rh at all. The trick is to seal off the hose connections, also my unit has a switch to suck air out of the room that was set to open, had to close that. Pictures in a few days.
Hope everyone is having a good week. :watchplant:

W

WeetisPotPie

Ok well the Starfighter x Stardawg decided to show some junk today. Sucks when your eyes get old. Used to have 20/10 vision, can't see for shit now, even with a magnifier, enough bitching. Out of the 4 plants left, all but one are male, so only 1 female out of 6 beans, still have 4 beans left so no worries. On the flipside, all the remaining G13/HP look to be females. I will be culling out the males tomorrow, then I will replace them with my Fatty Bubba(HP pheno) which I really want get in there, the Katsu pheno was awesome. Mystery girl and a PCK. Full update with pics on Sunday night.

Last edited:
W

WeetisPotPie

Bluelab Guardian monitor

Bluelab Guardian monitor

Sunday morning update. Just chillin smoking some of the Benghi Haze I just harvested. Such great day strain, especially in the morning with some tea, nice smooth honey taste....:bongsmi:

Anyway got this yesterday going to set it up this week.

Only thing left for the 2015 room upgrade is some new Gavita 6/750's. Hopefully have them in on the next flowering run and the power updated to 240v. Hate to retire my P.L. reflectors but it is time.

Taking clones today and pruning the plants today, update tonight after the house goes to sleep.

W

WeetisPotPie

Clones from batch B

Clones from batch B

This will be a long update, going to break it into a few posts.
First up, found 2 more males in the G13HP, for those keeping track that is 8 males 3 females. 1 Starfighter/Stardawg and 2 G13HP. This is why I keep a veg room going, I prefer to have healthy stock ready to go at all times. Never know especially on a pheno hunt when I will need to fill spots. I put my Fatty Bubba katsu pheno and my Northern Lights in to fill the space. The good news is the I found a much better G13HP boy, my plan is to cross it with Ace's Pakistani Chitral Kush. Would have to be an outdoor pollination as I have no indoor space to do it. Here are some pics of the clones.

Here is the cloner I use. Maybe one of you Northeast guys have seen it, I got a few years ago the guy was getting patents and then just vanished, can't even remember the name of it, but he sent it from New England.

There is more pictures of it in my album in various stages of assembly. Showing the parts and also it working.

Here are the girls lining up to get wet.

And resting in their new home for the next 2 weeks.

More to follow flowering week one pics up next!:smoke:

W

WeetisPotPie

Reserva Privada Tangie, Loud Seeds Headband flowering day 8

Reserva Privada Tangie, Loud Seeds Headband flowering day 8

Flowering update day 8. Things are looking really good all around. The plants are healthy, the temps seem to be in the 86-88 range with the rh rising slowly 38-42, which will change next week when the get C02 and I raise the nutes. Had to ditch the 430w light, too much heat, I was venting my hoods but decided to go naked this run since I have to install an a/c for summer. The a/c is working nicely, double hose and I sealed the leaks as to not remove any air from the room. I decided to vent it outside my house at ground level and so far no smell, but I ordered a carbon filter just in case.
Here are the Tangies. #3 is about double the size of the other 2 but like #1 seems to be a little more nute sensitive, nothing major but I noticed a slight burn. #2 had none but doesn't seem to have the stretch of her sisters.

Tangie #1

Tangie #2

Tangie #3

Loud Seeds Headband. They both look great. Loud had them rated as hard to grow but they have been great so far. Easy to prune and get good clones, so I don't know why they would put that on their site.
Headband #1

Headband #2

Next up Double Glock and G13HP.

Last edited:
W

WeetisPotPie

Ripper Double Glock, Hazeman G13HP flowering day 8

Ripper Double Glock, Hazeman G13HP flowering day 8

Rippers Double Glock. Well the star of this batch has by far been Double Glock #1, she out grew all the other plants, her stink is crazy the smell from her clones where so strong. On the flip side #2 is maybe 1/4 of the size, healthy but not as stinky. Starfigher/Stardawg was the only plant that surpassed the DG #1 in smell.

Double Glock #1

Double Glock #2

Hazemans G13HP. Found 2 more male today so only 2 left, #3 and #4. Looks nothing like you would think from a cross of 2 indicas, very cool looking plants.
G13HP#3

G13HP#4

W

WeetisPotPie

Ace Seeds Fatty Bubba, GP Seeds Starfighter/Stardawg, mystery bean flowering day 8

Ace Seeds Fatty Bubba, GP Seeds Starfighter/Stardawg, mystery bean flowering day 8

And the last post for the Green Points Starfighter/Stardawg, Ace Fatty Bubba hp pheno and mystery bean.

Greenpoint Seeds Starfighter/Stardawg, ended up with only 1 female, and she is covered in trichomes already and has a funk that is crazy. I still have 4 beans from the pack I got so I will pop them and hopefully get a few more females to choose from.

Greenpoint Seeds Starfighter/Stardawg

Ace Seeds Fatty Bubba this is the Hash Plant pheno, I also have the more katsu pheno running so will be able to see them next to each other, but this plant is so nice I can't see not keeping it. I've never had a plant with such tight node spacing and such large dark green leaves. This was just put in flowering today.

And last but not least mystery bean. Freebie or bagseed, could be either. It is female and looks nice so far. Also put in flowering today.
Mystery bean.

That should do it for the Sunday night update. Got lucky today and was able to do lots of work without being summoned by the tribe so I may go bed before 1am! Doubt it I'm a night owl. Well it's story time and tonight we start Pippy Longstocking.:woohoo:

Peace

Last edited:
W

WeetisPotPie

Well my new a/c decided to have a complete meltdown, literally. I went in to check on things and the a/c was blowing out warm air, looked at the back and the hose blowing hot air out was melted at the fitting. Looks like the compressor blew too. Crazy. Anyway the temp has only went up 3 degrees, 91. So I doubt I'll replace it until summer. Luckily the place I got has a liberal return policy. The humidity is up too and I'm going to start adding the Co2 so I think I'll be okay. On a side note I decided to say fuck it and instead of cloning the Sour Diesel before running it, I just ordered more beans, so I will have 5 OG GTH #1, 5 SSSDH, 4 Sour Diesels and I decided to get some East Coast Cookies for backups, so I have 2 of those. Next run should be a blast love running hazes and have yet to grow a real good sour pheno.

Latest posts

Latest posts