What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2014 Light Dep Project

grow nerd

Veteran
Noticed you have clear plastic on sometimes, and off sometimes and in some places. What does the clear plastic do for you?

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Thank you gents. I'm totally loving this setup. Was just out watering my 12 full terms in the trenches and thinking about how much more time/effort/water/$$$ is in them than the deps. It seems so much more inefficient. Fun to look at a big plant but that novelty is starting to wear. I have some variety in there though which will be nice. Goo, Green Ribbon, Bubba, SourD, Tres Sis, Jacks Cleaner. Oddly no GG4.

I came home last night after dark, was out working on the indoor, and a big dead pine had fallen and landed within 10' of my yurt. Would've crushed it and probably my dogs! Feel so lucky. Now obviously scanning for more possible subjects..

Noticed you have clear plastic on sometimes, and off sometimes and in some places. What does the clear plastic do for you?

The poly is essential in the early season to shield cold/wind/rain but I feel they do better without it during bloom. If it rains they'll either get wet or blacked out. 10 day looks awesome.

I'm going to pull tarp and then go play some golf. Cheers, fellas.

Z

z-ro

Definitely crushing for sure. Where did you get the brown carport frames, or did you paint them yourself? Tons of GG4 in your life soon, looking forward to seeing your end results!

turbo14

Veteran
Word, 5 gallons per day on those beauties looks perfect! I was thinking around 10 per day after they are full throttle in my ghouse.

Can't wait to see that farm mashin' buds soon:)

Big ups

turbo:tiphat:

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
I came home last night after dark, was out working on the indoor, and a big dead pine had fallen and landed within 10' of my yurt. Would've crushed it and probably my dogs! Feel so lucky. Now obviously scanning for more possible subjects..

My heart would have been in my throat O.O Glad to hear your dogs are ok :)

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
really digging the carports they fit those 100 gal plants perfectly. i was just told costco stopped selling those carports where else can i get them!

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Bummer on those ports from Costco! I did notice they've been out of stock for awhile.

Just poured footings for the Golden Arms on the GG4 pad. Getting the flip soon.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
bet things are going crazy over there fisher….you're gonna have to use the carport as a trellis frame i bet!

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
We're starting to go through some water. This is when it would be nice to have those pallets out of there..but that isn't happening. Looks like the stretch is about over, thankfully. They've all blown up well outside their wire cage, so I'm about to play with hortonova.

The Golden Arms work excellently. We are having to pull tarp at 5:45 and off at dark for those up on the ridge though. Seemingly like clockwork, wild winds roll through every night and were wreaking havoc with the tarps. I've never run that tarp schedule, but hopefully it works out fine.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Made a divine seafood paella yesterday!
picture.php

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
as key n peele would say….NOOOOOICE!!

haha the GHs are looking lovely, i hope you dont mind if i try and copycat your steez next year lol…i absolutely must have a greenhouse for 2015.

Latest posts

Latest posts