What's new

2013 Marijuana Grow Show

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
MARIJUANA HARVEST RESULTS

MARIJUANA HARVEST RESULTS

Here is the first of two "harvest videos" of the girls you see hanging in the pictures posted further up in the page.

[YOUTUBEIF]PnIaJPzSRGk[/YOUTUBEIF]

Here is what I posted in the youtube description for those not wanting to head over there.

Marijuana Harvest Yield Results Part 1 of 2

This cycle was my "in between" plants and there was a total of 10 plants that were harvested. These were all grown from seed and the "unknown" plants were done due to not looking "keeper" worthy while growing.

The Lady Berry Kush and Kushy Haze is POTENT and for those who haven't heard of these strains you really need to research "Field Marshall Seeds".

Below is the results of SEVEN of the TEN plants. These were done in a cocorok mix and overall I wasn't that happy with the mix itself compared to a soil less mix BUT the flavors and smells are STRONG with all the harvested meds so as far as the end result goes I am pretty happy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
aardvarks mix #7

fuel smell
very crystally

67.3 grams
30.5 grams MINUS ( container )

36.8 grams total dry weight
----------------------------------------------------------------------

no name aardvark mix

small and lanky
not a keeper pheno

54.4 grams

23.9 grams total dry weight

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Lady Berry Kush

KEEPER PHENO
super stinky berry and some fuel

56.8 grams

26.3 grams total dry weight

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

aardvarks mix #9
keeper pheno
smells like candy mixed with mangos

56.0 grams

25.5 grams total dry weight

--------------------------------------------------------------------

aardvarks mix #31
keeper pheno

great growth, stinky with berries and earthy undertones

58.5 grams

28.0 grams total dry weight

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

aardvarks mix unknown

the smells are like rotting "something" but can't place it. Not a keeper

pheno

49.8 grams

19.3 grams total dry weight

kushy haze

really strong meds, fuel with diesel and some fruitiness to it.

58.7 grams

28.2 grams total dry weight

These were all seed grown and I know once the clones are ready for flower the yields per plant ( as far as the KEEPER PHENOS go ) will all be more than capable of hitting the 2 ounces per plant goal as this cycle didn't have training or topping done to them.

I think getting 2 ounces per plant should be a great goal for 2013 for other LED growers out there who have the growblu panels ( remember spectrum DOES matter ).

I am growing with "1st generation" panels and I know the new panels that they are putting out will only be better so don't forget to head to growblu if you are wanting solid yields because not all led panels are created equal especially when it comes to SPECTRUM.

The Aardvark

We are waiting this news!! :D

Thx for the info bro!

Bless

glad to have you following along!

Desert Hydro

Veteran
how are you liking those bysen helios LED's? they are the blue ones with the square LED sets. i was looking at those on alibaba and they look like they are very nice quality compared to most of the others. i know a lot of retailers are just buying them direct and slapping a new package and label on them....and no i am not judging lol. they provide a service, and a valuable one at that. they take all the initial risk and test them out to hopefully make sure we as the consumer get the better quality gear at a decent price. ive been thinking about ordering about 10 panels all at once and switching over to all LED but i am first waiting to test out my new panels that are in the mail as we speak. ive got 2 300w panels on the way and am hoping to break the 1/2 lb mark on each one. one side of my test tent is a proven AK cut ive had for a few months that i ran from seed and ive got 6 identical FIM'd and supercropped clones with a beautiful even canopy for once lol. the other side is a seed run genetics test to look for keepers for next runs which i have no idea how they will turn out so that 1/2 lb mark may be way off lol.

medmaker420

Veteran
The panels are doing great. Each style has its pros and cons and I have tested many brands. As far as different sites branding them or selling them goes, I think that is GREAT as long as you get the spectrum that works best.

I don't consider those bysen panels because the spectrum itself isn't what bysen offers. Just like the "eshine" panels I have tested as well, those are not eshine spectrum. I don't consider growblu panels repackaged or them just slapping a new label on them but I understand your point especially when you take a look at eBay and the led grow light market there.

I think alibaba rocks, I think diy rocks and I think resellers, wholesalers and affiliates all have a place in this industry. I don't care if a panel comes from china especially if I can get a pound from it especially since 9 out of 10 things in my house odds are comes from there or somewhere close anyways LOL.

I think you can get a half pound off of a 200x3w no problem. Just watt test those panels and see what they run at as many love knowing the listed from true running watts. One thing that would always be different would be the running wattage from panel to panel if the spectrum is different as well. I am sure many different panels run all different wattages depending on the full veg or flower spectrum diodes being put in as well as their efficiency overall.

Glad to have you around brother

medmaker420

Veteran
Poison Genetics Casey's Cousin x Sour Diesel IBL

Well I am testing for Poison Genetics and the CC x SD IBL's have been up potted and tossed into flower. We will now see how many of the 10 are female and which males need to get a solid CHOPPIN done to them.

attachment.php

I am hoping to locate a couple solid keeper females so I can keep a mama or two so FINGERS CROSSED because the genetics in this cross is EPIC.

attachment.php

I put in some cheesedog, old time moonshine and white rhino as well to get sexed. I have another batch of those 3 strains that will go in next once this first batch of males are culled since I am focusing more on Poison Genetics Casey's Cousin x Sour Diesel IBL as far as this cycle goes.

attachment.php

Grow towards the light (-;
attachment.php

Here is a shot of what I am trimming right now of the 10 girls I just pulled ( my in between cycle SWEET ).

attachment.php

Attachments

• 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 050.jpg
    050.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 094.jpg
    094.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 34

iConnex

Veteran
Hola! Nice video Med!
Are all clones in the pots?
you are unstoppable ehehehe i want more space fro my growing but i have only a 70x80x210 cab!

Bless

medmaker420

Veteran
Harvest Results Video 2 of 2

Harvest Results Video 2 of 2

Here is the next video showing the next 3 that I harvested and their yields. Below is what I posted in the youtube video description.

[YOUTUBEIF]l-JcXYQaH1M[/YOUTUBEIF]
-------------------
Marijuana Harvest Yield Results Part 2 of 2

Well here are the last three plants that I harvested. I got 7 done the first night trimming but had to take a break and got to it the next day. Trimming for hours does some fun stuff to Arthritis ( odds are many growers know what I am talking about ) but back to the fun stuff...

Harvest time L.E.D. Style thanks to GROWBLU.com and their bad@ss panels

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
aardvark mix #14

skunk mixed with lemon

54.9 grams
30.5 container

24.4 grams total dry weight

aardvark mix #13

pepper skunk

47.5 grams
30.5 container

17 grams total dry weight

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

aardvark mix #27

dirt earth spicey

53.7 grams
30.5 container

23.2 grams total dry weight

In the end there were 10 plants and while these seed grown plants didn't hit the 2 ounce mark, I know that the clone versions of the KEEPER Females that I have located WILL which means I will be one step closer to the POUND PER PANEL.

--------------------

Hola! Nice video Med!
Are all clones in the pots?
you are unstoppable ehehehe i want more space fro my growing but i have only a 70x80x210 cab!

Bless

There are more going in actually and other strains currently in veg awaiting their up potting. Now that I am almost done with sexing everything the cycles will be much more uniform and run smoother.

Last edited:

medmaker420

Veteran
Do you dry ur nugs in the flower tent while in operation?

Great question :)

I actually use "tarp clips" and zip ties to make my own on the fly plant drying clips which you can see in use within my 4x8 in pics below.

attachment.php

I have learned over the years that the whole complete darkness thing really isn't doing anything for me and in a 4x8 tent there is a perfect "hanging bar" right in the middle of both "4x4" areas.

attachment.php

I find it easier to hang them within the tent they are in IF it is a larger tent. Now when I grow in a 2x4 4x4 or 3x3 tent however then they go in their own 2x4 tent to dry ( I have a dedicated 2x4 drying tent with scrubber, slow fan etc when needed ).

attachment.php

then one more shot of them

attachment.php

Attachments

• 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 32

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Interesting, so you are saying drying with a light source does nothing? You get major thc degredation from drying in the light and chloraphyl does not break down properly an you get a tanned color appearance in the finished product. I saw it in the last harvest an in this one, not sayin ur nugs are not super stoney but ya are loosin alot by drying that way.

Many ways to connect a dry box to ur ducting to the grow to maintain smell security. Your plants are always so dank bright, no reason not to have it follow through in the finished product. Hope.ya take this as constructive crit. bro....stay purple.

medmaker420

Veteran
Interesting, so you are saying drying with a light source does nothing? You get major thc degredation from drying in the light and chloraphyl does not break down properly an you get a tanned color appearance in the finished product. I saw it in the last harvest an in this one, not sayin ur nugs are not super stoney but ya are loosin alot by drying that way.

Many ways to connect a dry box to ur ducting to the grow to maintain smell security. Your plants are always so dank bright, no reason not to have it follow through in the finished product. Hope.ya take this as constructive crit. bro....stay purple.

attachment.php

no offense but my last "nugs" were not dried in the tent as they were in separate 2x4 sections with mylar "walls" in between. At the end I tossed a couple girls on the bar for a pic or two but yes this last " in between" cycle dried fully IN the tent during 12.12

attachment.php

I haven't noticed any issue and the tanned color is due to letting the girls go TOO yellow at the end during my flush after some nute burn pushing them a bit much. I don't see the led light panels causing anything that you are talking about. I can see a bright ass 1000 watt hps doing that though but not panels that are pretty directional as in pointing DOWN.

attachment.php

I don't buy into the darkness b.s. as far as needing it while drying. If I were to let the girls eat longer before the flush then I would of had green leaf all the way through and zero dry/brittle to them but thats the gamble when you run multiple strains from seed while feeding them all the same nute reg
attachment.php

and a bit closer up

attachment.php

some were pulled earlier just to get them cycled so hairs are there maybe that is the tan color you speak of but in the close ups you can see the nugs and the colors etc. Some tan, crystally, light green, dark green, browns etc and everything in between. Some dry brittle leaves in this shot but once they get into the jars for good all dead matter is gone.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

medmaker420

Veteran
that is what I was thinking the issue was

that is what I was thinking the issue was

Here is a video update I did for the Poison Genetics Casey's Cousin x Sour Diesel IBL that I am currently a tester for with Poison Genetics ( DrPoison here at icmag )

[YOUTUBEIF]mbAclG8Tuck[/YOUTUBEIF]

subscribe and spread the word about Poison Genetics !!!

attachment.php

The hairs threw me off, night an day on the close up. LOOKS KILLER!
yeah I looked at that pic above and then said, hell I better put some closer pics up :biggrin: so we all know what the end results are.

I can say that without a doubt LEDs can grow some killer bud.

Now what I can't wait for is the extracts and concentrates that I am about to make from the trim and smaller buds. Those pics and vids will be awesome and I just wish smellovision was installed online so you guys and gals can smell some of this shit YUMMY.

Jedi Kush and Jackpot Royale have some killer phenos but I have to say that Field Marshall Seeds Lady Berry Kush and Kushy Haze are AMAZING and at the top of my list for the "go to stash" right now.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Zumie

GENERAL UPDATES:

View Image

I am going to be running 4 led grow light panels in a 4x8 tent. I am going to be putting 8 to 12 plants under each panel.

There are a couple more led grow light panels that I will be switching out as they are the newer growblu.com panels and not the "tester" panels and am excited to see how they compare PLUS what sort of grams per watt I can get growing towards in 2013.

I don't think I will be using my quantums in 2013 which is a huge statement for myself to make because I LOVE my quantums damn it :huggg:

glad to have you and yes I am going to make this my best grow show because I have a great feeling about 2013.

thank you for the kind words brother

a seat will always be here for you brotha man

I had alot to finalize and then resetup to get 2013 going and glad I got it up and now moving forward with the show.

Stretch comes from seed grown strains versus clones as far as veg goes as far as I notice. Anything from seed versus clone has extended nodes.

I haven't grown with older leds so I can't compare but the density of the led grown buds compared to my hps is on par. I however see alot of improvements that I can make as a grower including locating and cloning the hell out of some "keeper females" of mine and see what sort of per panel yields I can pull.
thanks man

medmaker420

Veteran
I totally forgot to mention to those following along.

One of the white rhino from nirvana auto flowered on me while in veg under the #1 veg panel. It fully released pollen and the whole deal which tripped me the hell out because I wasn't expecting that when I went sorting through the girls yesterday.

Either way I wanted to get that out there for anyone else who might have auto white rhinos from nirvana and looking for others who have had similar issues.

I find it interesting myself because the panels are infact on 24 hours a day as far as veg goes right now so it isn't like they are getting any dark cycle in their cycle right now.

So is it the strain or was it the spectrum or a bit of both? These are seed grown and have NEVER seen 12/12 ever and I find it pretty interesting

anyone else?

thanks man

no problemo

attachment.php

some pics
attachment.php

and more
attachment.php

and this
attachment.php

Attachments

• 073.jpg
    073.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 074.jpg
    074.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 128.jpg
    128.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 130.jpg
    130.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i'd smoke it :)

i hear what you are saying about the fine tuned spectrums from the different companies. i know they offer that in the panels from bysen off alibaba. i will have to do some major spectrum research before i go off and order 5 or 10 lol

medmaker420

Veteran
i'd smoke it :)

i hear what you are saying about the fine tuned spectrums from the different companies. i know they offer that in the panels from bysen off alibaba. i will have to do some major spectrum research before i go off and order 5 or 10 lol

if and when you go out and grab 5 or 10 you sure as hell better pm me the thread link so I can follow

rock the leds in 2013 brother

iConnex

Veteran
Yhea bro! thats really amazing :D i want a your bud!
Good idea whit the clips! I'll take inspiration also :D

Bless bro:smokeit::watchplant:

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Lookin good for the 13' MM420. How do you have the panels set up in each 4x4 area, an what wattage are the panels for each area.