What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2012 420 Cannabis cup - Results

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes bro

long live the a5 and c5 the real haze

got me mouth watering thinking of them

peace

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
thanks for that KG, i thought you were complaining that they were allowed to enter.

we did think about having a seed co category as well as a private grower category. but we were worried there might only be a few entries and that the competition would be too small if we split the categories.

K

Karma Genetics

gaiusmarius i think you guys did great, and that all rules where followed aswell, i think you guys couldn't have done better.

Thanks again for running a smooth straight cup. with high quality entries aswell, and a lot of it.

El Pollo Diablo

Veteran
Thanks for the infos to this Haze Cutz! Very interesting stuff!

Hehe so I was right with the S5... As I read it in the winner list I directly thought: has to be amnesia^^

Greetz

SillyCone

Just a few things on the haze front...

Super Lemon Haze is not the amnesia, but a cross of it with a Lemon Skunk (which is nothing like a skunk, btw)

I grew an A5 cut from Maastricht, lost it (but maybe it's still running in my old community, it's possible I could find it back). The smell was pretty much like one of the two (A5 & C5) ojd showed me in Amsterdam.

Want an interesting twist to that story ? I have a cut of Jack'o'nesia (sounds familiar, Karma ? ;)) with an amazing smell of A5/C5. I was very suprised NOT to have ANY smell of the amnesia. I still have that cut, btw.

K

Karma Genetics

Just a few things on the haze front...

Super Lemon Haze is not the amnesia, but a cross of it with a Lemon Skunk (which is nothing like a skunk, btw)

I grew an A5 cut from Maastricht, lost it (but maybe it's still running in my old community, it's possible I could find it back). The smell was pretty much like one of the two (A5 & C5) ojd showed me in Amsterdam.

Want an interesting twist to that story ? I have a cut of Jack'o'nesia (sounds familiar, Karma ? ;)) with an amazing smell of A5/C5. I was very suprised NOT to have ANY smell of the amnesia. I still have that cut, btw.

no doesn't sound familiar, i dont know of any local jack o nesia cut. i dont have a selected mom, so it didnt come from me, but hey sold a load of them seeds in maastricht, so could very well be.

hmmm makes me curius bro, sounds like the cut you run is dominant by the jack male, which can have similar smells as A5, when ever you are in the south let me know and we meet up. dont think i had the change to realy meet you at 420.

SillyCone

no doesn't sound familiar, i dont know of any local jack o nesia cut. i dont have a selected mom, so it didnt come from me, but hey sold a load of them seeds in maastricht, so could very well be.
No, the cut doesn't come from you, but the seeds did :)
It was selected by sunka-maslo.

hmmm makes me curius bro, sounds like the cut you run is dominant by the jack male, which can have similar smells as A5, when ever you are in the south let me know and we meet up. dont think i had the change to realy meet you at 420.
Yes, precisely. It has the calyxes of the amnesia, lots of trichs, and an A5 smell. Initially I expected an Amnesia mix, so I was disappointed, but I smoked her for 2 months and after I got past my expectations, she revealed herself as a VERY nice smoke, fine haze smell and taste, not overpowering, and a great sativa high. She's not a great producer though, she doesn't stretch as much as my other hazes, but for personal stash she's perfect.

I live in Brussels, so it's not very far away from the south... As soon as I can take a few clones, I'll PM you for a meet.

I'll also try to source that A5 bagseed cut again, she was gorgeous too (stretchy as hell though)

K

Karma Genetics

There Both NL#5 x Pure haze one with haze male A and one with haze Male C both done by Nevils, These cuts where selected by him and are still kept by a small crew.

mack 10

Veteran
i want the A5! or that super tastey mexican haze! yum yum hope you find some thing nice in them beans ojd. mack.

Hazeo

Veteran
:laughing: hahaha

WORD!

...yes! hahah i am remembering:
we arrived at hotel room at night, u were putting out all your stash out of your pockets, watching the nice things you gathered this day... then as this one felt into your hands you got angry shouting and insulting this weed (mean green) and finally throwing it through the window somewhere three meters down on lower a rooftop :D
then u said something like "ha!, there you are down now...!" hahaha funny night :D

but it was some kind of unsmokeable, so ty....

greets
Hazeo

HortiLab

Congratulations to all the winners and participants!

Congratulations to all the winners and participants!

Big ups to gaiusmarius and everybody else involved with keeping the 420 tradition alive!

Unfortunately I could not partake in this years 420 activities(besides entering the Cup) and been away from the internet for a couple of weeks.

Definitely very happy to hear that 3 of our entries where among the winners once again.
I guess by now it should be clear that we don´t buy our cups...quality proves itself.

One thing I realized when looking at the results & the entry numbers:

3rd place Indica winner #26 seems to be "StarBud Sister" & not StarBud !?

Hallo peolple.It has been a very INTENSE day!:blowbubbles:
For so many people in the world, who were not here in Amsterdam for this 420 and are curious...
I have the immense pleasure to announce the results from this epic event.

SATIVA CATEGORY:
1 Soma - Liberty haze (#12)
2 Prix d'ami - S5haze (#9)
3 Dr. Penthotal - Agent orange (#33)

INDICA CATEGORY
1 Hortilab- Sour power (#28)
2 Mack10 - Mack blues (#47)
3 Hortilab - Starbud (#26)

HASH CATEGORY
1. Ifrane - Mental floss (#54)
2. Hortilab - starbud hash (#57)
3. Strand Vaker -Tsi fly Bubble (#60)

It has been a wondeful event, congratulations to all the winners and partecipants, quality was very very high in all the entries.:biggrin:
Tnx to all people involved and to all who helped this event to happen!:thank you:
More infos and pictures to come guys.

i dug this list up tonight, this way you can see what was what. hope you can read the writing.

View Image

View Image

View Image

Last edited:

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think you're right HL, #26 is the Sister, thanks for pointing that out.

And congratulations once again, as there was a lot of good smoke :biggrin:

:tiphat: B

Tatz

I agree Gaiius ! Keeping politics out of the discussion is always a good idea.

On HTCC 2013, I think no big problem will occur. The "law" is to be used or not, that's to the mayor of each city/area to decide, and a.o.Amsterdam's mayor have said they will not.