What's new

2008 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti *PICS*

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
texsativa said:
No offense meant.

My wife grew up without running water, sleeping on a wooden bed, with a makeshift plumbing system.

For someone wealthy enough to own a Ferrari, I sincerely hope you can donate to some humanitarian cause. And if you do thank you.

I was born in a caravan.....in a field........sleeping on a makeshift bed........washed under a handpump....

.....and I am not so wealthy that I would go buy a Ferrari......with that sort of money I could buy quite a few hectares of land and grow rice (and other things....lol) on it.......what this world needs right now is more food........not more Ferrari's......

......that being said......that Ferrari is truely a beautifull car......

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
For les money you could get something with a bit more character, I'd go for a Morgan myself, or you want the standard sports car look, a TVR.

707Corridor

Ahh the new ferrari. Its nice...but like others have said the styling is probably not too hott. But none th less since aston's are sexy...and it looks like ferrari took a page out of astons desgin book.

Ferrari's are legit.

But I've always wanted a Lamborghini more myself.

Leafmold

older porkers

older porkers

looks kindof like a cross bewtween a porche 911 and an aston martin. the 360 spiders were the prettiest ferraris I think.

Yes i thought a little like an Aston Martin. Some of the porkers raced at LeMans in the 60's I think it was look very like Dino's.

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
I always liked the looks of the Enzo also

But just like any "art", pretty expensive and excessive....but I wouldn't buy a Monet either, well, maybe I would, would imagine that Monet would appreciate..

my boss has a 612 and he sometimes drives a smart car, i always wonder when you walk into your garage and have a 612 scag and a smart car how can you possibly say i think ill drive the smart car

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i dont see the point of a ferrari with auto transmission

now i have never driven one, and probably never will, but isnt the fun in driving it?

dc2bar

sigh. I long for the day i can afford an automotive masterpiece like that...though my house is only worth slightly more and i'm having trouble paying for that, even.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
The 612 has to be the worst Ferrari ever....

The 599 is twice the car. So is the F430 Scuderia.

There are literally 20 cars I would get before that. The GT-R will smoke that and has more room. Used 612s are about 130k not 200k.

now i have never driven one, and probably never will, but isnt the fun in driving it?

Yes and No. This is a GT car. It is to appeal to the older executive business man, who is used to Benz and Lexus.

Also, most Super Cars are going to Dual Clutch Trannys, and moving from manuals. The DCT can switch gears MUCH faster.

zoidb3rg

The 612 has to be the worst Ferrari ever....

The 599 is twice the car. So is the F430 Scuderia.

There are literally 20 cars I would get before that. The GT-R will smoke that and has more room. Used 612s are about 130k not 200k.

Yes and No. This is a GT car. It is to appeal to the older executive business man, who is used to Benz and Lexus.

Also, most Super Cars are going to Dual Clutch Trannys, and moving from manuals. The DCT can switch gears MUCH faster.

f430 scuderia can change gears quicker than you can blink. Agree with what you see, it looks amazing but i wouldn't get one, i'm thinking the 458 italia ^^

Ferrari_458_Italia.jpg

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
The 458 Italia is faster than both the the 430Scud and the 599.

It is equipped with a awesome DCT.

However... It looks bad.

If you ask me... Lexus LF-A FTW!
2011-Lexus-LFA-Front-Angle-View-588x391.jpg

Because you have a HUGE vagina.

If your purchasing a SPORTS car, you should drive the car (Manuel), rather than have the car drive you (automatic)

not to mention, paddle shifters were invented ONLY because smaller F1 cars did not have the room for a gear box and shifter.

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
Because you have a HUGE vagina.

If your purchasing a SPORTS car, you should drive the car (Manuel), rather than have the car drive you (automatic)

not to mention, paddle shifters were invented ONLY because smaller F1 cars did not have the room for a gear box and shifter.

DCT transmissions are the way of the automotive future.

The M3, 458 Italia, LP-560-4, 911 Turbo, GT-R, SLS, and Many many others have adapted a DCT transmission in their super cars.

It is a simple fact that a human can't switch gears in .02 seconds.:joint: