What's new

2007 Oregon Guerrilla Outdoor, with BACKCOUNTRY

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
High maintinence plot #3 planting Pt. 2

High maintinence plot #3 planting Pt. 2

I finally got a chance to get out and plant the rest of HM#3 yesterday, I added one OR95 and one ORxN(both Females), to the OR95 and C99xOR95 I planted nearly a week ago.

ORxN-

Or95-

I intend to get out and check on the first and second plants I got out, I will be bringing larger wire cages because I am pretty sure they may have outgrown their first ones already.

I'm also hoping to get out and work on my final High maintinence plot for this season, after that all my plots will be planted in naturally moist locations.

P.S.- I'd like to introduce my newest grow partener, he is the black one-

Some may know the yellow dog as "Cannabis critter", she has been a close companion through much of my Guerrilla career, but she is getting old, she often has a hard time contending with the enviroments I hike to, so far she is OK, but she may need to retire soon.
So I am using a freinds Black Lab as a temporary grow partener until I can raise and train a new one of my own. My dog was so well behaved, and posed for many great shots in my threads the last few years. The Black Lab is a bit immature and untrained, but he is big, strong, and sharp, and will make a good companion and alarm dog(Cougers are a concern here).
His owner has saddle bags that he can carry, I am thinking of using him as a light duty pack animal, as I have personaly witnessed him carry 20lbs many miles with no problems.

Last edited:

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Here is the timeline for the first 25 plants I started this year-

Feb 14th-Started germing seeds

Feb 20th-All seeds planted in 8oz Solo cups, placed under fluorecent shoplights to veg on 16/8 cycle

Mar 7th- All of the first 25 have been transplanted to 16 oz Solo cups, they remain under the shop lights

Mar 25th- All of the first 25 are transplanted to gallon pots, and placed into the cold frame in all natural sunlight, the outdoor light cycle is 13.5/10.5

By the second week of April, many plants showed sex in reaction to the shorter outdoor light cycle, but they did not slow down in growing. As of today, 9 of the original 25 have shown Female, the rest have shown Male.

elevate

BACKCOUNTRY said:
As of today, 9 of the original 25 have shown Female, the rest have shown Male.

really, so you are saying 16/25 came male or undetermined?
16/25 males is 64%, why is the ratio not 50% or even in favor of the females (50%+ female)?

by the way your dog is way cool and your friends does look strong!

So is your avatar your dog? I always thought it was a bear for some odd reason.

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
HM#1 and #2 update

HM#1 and #2 update

Its been a couple weeks since I planted my first plant this season, so I thought I'd do a update.

HM#1
Its been 2 weeks since I planted this plant, as you can see from the before and after photos below, she has doubled in size in that time!
At planting-

At 2 weeks-

She stands at 2' tall now, here are a few other size comparisons-

I replaced the rat cage with a chicken wire ring. I expect great things from this plant! :yummy:

HM#2
This plant is also busy outgrowing its rat cage-

I added the wire from the other plot to make the cage taller, when I return I will bring a chicken wire cage. Note how I used native brush to support the wire-

I thought I would introduce the animal whose manure is feeding my plants, he is a llama, a native of the Andes mountain of South America. They are basicly mini-Camels, designed for life in the mountains rather than the desert.
Fans of Napoleon Dynamite may remember the llama featured in that film.

Elevate- The odds of sex for a Cannabis seed are 50/50, but the odds can be a bit more in favor either way, I have had 1 in 4 odds both ways before. The 50/50 odds are not solid by any means.

Yep! The avatar is my dog, she is a Golden/Lab mix, and I too have thought that pic looks like a Bear, LOL!

Last edited:
G

elevate said:
really, so you are saying 16/25 came male or undetermined?
16/25 males is 64%, why is the ratio not 50% or even in favor of the females (50%+ female)?
It is the same in people's live. Sometimes you can meet parrents with 4 sons and no doughter and sometimes vice versa.
In my RedBox i had 6 plants and only one was female. But if you will germ ie 1000 seeds you will probably have about 500 fem and 500 mal.

Great work Backcountry. Your thread is really instructive. Best wishes.
Grunwald

grunwald said:
It is the same in people's live. Sometimes you can meet parrents with 4 sons and no doughter and sometimes vice versa.
In my RedBox i had 6 plants and only one was female. But if you will germ ie 1000 seeds you will probably have about 500 fem and 500 mal.

Great work Backcountry. Your thread is really instructive. Best wishes.
Grunwald

4 sons and no daughters? sounds like my mother (bless her soul). hopefully, my 'babies' are the opposite of those odds.

Good luck Backcountry, can't wait to see harvest

3tOwN

Hey hey BC! Man this thread has blown up, looks like things are looking up this summer after last years botched attempt, you're off to a great start. I hope you get a good one this year, you definitely deserve it after all the shit, hehe. Good luck, I'm sure I'll stay updated, hehe....

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
High Maintinence #4

High Maintinence #4

Here is the last "high maintinence" plot I will plant this year, the final 3 older plants to show Female are planted here. I have two OR95s and one C99xOR95.

The soil has more clay than most of my plots this year, but not too bad. Replacing 1/4 of the native soil with a mixture of Peat and Manure loosened it up nice.
I decided to not line these holes with plastic, just to see if I notice a difference in moisture use. Other wise ammending of the soil was the same.
Sunshine potential is great, with a nice core of southern exposure.

OR95-

C99x0R95, this one has always been kind of a mutant, interested to see what it does-

OR95-

HM#1, C99xOR95-
I'm just to proud of this plant, I have to show another update pic, like a father showing pictures of growing children, hehheh.
She gained 6" and alot of side growth in the last week(thats a gallon milk jug).

In the past I have rarely felt the need to top or tie down plants, but this plant is going to get big, she will be in danger of outgrowing her hiding place.
I've elected to tie the plant down rather than top it, allowing her to grow latteraly, and training the branches as needed.

Now that the High maintinece plots are all planted, I will swith my attention to planting the Low maintinece plots. Unlike the HM plots which will recieve regular care for feeding and watering, the Low Maintinence(LM) plots will recieve a minimum of care through the season.

The LM plots will be placed in plots where natural ground water will supply their roots, the extent of my care will be to clear competing vegetation on a monthly basis, supply a monthly feeding(although some may not get this even), and removal of males in mid Augest.

As soon as I get the largest of these plants out, I will need to concentrate on getting water resivours set up for my HM plots, before the rains stop completly and the hills dry up. Its already been a pretty dry and warm Spring, and showing no signs of relenting, I may even need to start regular watering a month or two early if this dry trend continues.

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
This is exiting BackCountry.

Did u grow on your LM-spots last year? Cant wait to see the results.

Paddi

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
I will be growing near one of last years LM plots, but no, these will be all new this season.

BennyBlanco

Can It All Be So Simple!
Veteran
Nice BC...Good Luck with your grow

My problem is getting all that soil to my plots....the plots Im working with are about 6-12 inches deep of top soil then you hit hard ass grey and reddish clay

This will be my second outdoor attempt last year alll my crops dried up

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
BennyBlanco said:
Nice BC...Good Luck with your grow

My problem is getting all that soil to my plots....the plots Im working with are about 6-12 inches deep of top soil then you hit hard ass grey and reddish clay

This will be my second outdoor attempt last year alll my crops dried up

Ditto, Benny. I had to tote more than 60 gallons of soil this year. Quite a workout. :pointlaug

Latest posts

Latest posts