What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2005 4:20 Cup????

G

I cannot express how bad I want to go.. and I usually get what I want.. :D so, I too am excited to meet ALL of you!! This will be the first time that me and Grat3 travel outside the US - yea.. a lil' nervous :confused:

So, let me ask: People who are from there and people who have been there: What airline would you recomend?.. What are the usual price ranges?.. What to avoid?.. ya know, anything that would help a niave traveler abroad..?? :confused:

:D Thanks!

ms.g

G

Depends where you leave from. Delta, Northwest, KLM, United, and others service Schipol. Delta and United will probably cost more. It's a somewhat long flight. Prices can be anywhere from high 700$ at the cheapest to 1400$. The further in advance, the cheaper. Hotels can range from 90 to 500$ a night. You get what you pay for. 120$ a night gave a satisfactory room. I'd budget 200$ a night if I could afford it. The trip is well worth it. Everyone should do it at least once.

2869central-med.JPG

Just plan ahead and relax.

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
rubbing hands together with glee.

rubbing hands together with glee.

I will be there , rental bike under my ass, melting 73u and looking for hazes.

:wave: whose comin' along for a haze fueled bike ride with bubble brakes??? :abduct:

Hotel rates increase in the Dam on weekends ;) I would arrive sunday and will likely/would be gone by friday, if you're on a budget. Also finding a hotel on friday or saturday can be a hassle.

It might be wise to get some € now as they seem to only get more expensive. :(

www.xe.com

Last edited:
G

bubble brakes

bubble brakes

does that mean the brakes are dodgy on the bike or that after a hit off your 73 ill have to have a break?
either way count me in :D

p.s my mrs dont toke either, she can sure drink though .last year we sat on the bridge near where lurkocious's last pic was taken drinking heineken with a friend of ours till 5 in the morning :D
man the dam is great

pps women beware! , if u arrive by train and head for the redlight there is a man who flashes in his window on the way there my mrs pissed her self laughing :D :wave:

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
depending on tolerances.

depending on tolerances.

It means that smoking hazes is the gas peddle and melting bubble are the brakes. :D
well for me at least. on second thought I don't tend to use the actual brakes much. lol

we had a great time last year, only one spill, well 2 sort off. careful when crossing tram tracks, and beware of the last hit. ;) right Puffy

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Good advice TF...especially if enjoying some of your unpressed, unadulterated 73U.......hoping to see more of that, was most tasty:p

9TF_s-73u-med.jpg

:wave:dg

all kifd up

The list of excellent growers just keeps on increasing! It's gonna be great to finally meet ya TF...

and BOG
and Soma
and texas
and everyone!!!!

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
central is good

central is good

I would stay in the center of the city, the trams and buses are excellent and will get you close to most things.

if youre on a bike everything is within 15-20 min usually 5-10 minutes assuming you don't get lost.

:abduct:

G

guest123

beware of trichomefarmers bike tricks , at a point where it was taking all i had to keep focus on riding , he was standing on his seat ... lol .. wait till we get you here mate , we have hills .. hehehehe ...

NWGREENY

Sweeeeet, can't wait to meet all you guys. :D Should be a ton of fun. Hopefully there will be some good grow seminars. And good friends of course. :)

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Would you be interested?

Would you be interested?

Wow...seems to be alot of excitement building. Some of you will be making your first trip abroad from the sounds of it and all I can say is you are in for a treat!:p

One thing that we didn't have time to get accomplished for the 2004 Cup was accommodation offerings. Since I used to own a travel agency, many years ago, I think it might be a good idea to see if I can secure some 'convention' type rates on accommodations, at a place that is convenient to everything Amsterdam has to offer. Perhaps if we did this for you all, it will save you some money (always a good thing....leaves you more to smoke up! lol)

Yes, think I'll look into this for you all. It won't be right away, but before the end of the year I'll try and have something put together. Sound like a good idea?

dg

NWGREENY

That would be F'ing sweet DG, I allways just play it by ear but if you could set something up it would sure help, plus what would be a better time then a bunch of growers in the same place. :D

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
sounds very cool!! I'm there! Can't wait to put names and grows to faces!!

DG .......if you need any help arranging things from over here let me know.

Gonna be a hell of a good time!!!!