What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2005 4:20 Cup????

G

Any word on this years cup? Was wondering and i'm sure others are wondering if and when it's going to be this year coming up? I'm sure that it's going to be in Amsterdam and others where talking maybe Canada, but i think that might be hard to put together and i'm sure Amsterdam would be alot easier and safer. Any words on this years cup would be great.
Thanks and have a nice day.

G

Farmer John's going to be there, watch out. :) I'll be there also and having to super time. I'll be relaxing my butt off. Can't wait to meet all the super members here in person. Fun :)

G

My ass will be there with a bong surgically attatched to my hand and a lighter in the other.

4-20-2005 is a Wednesday so if you were shootin for a week stay, Monday through Friday might be the best stretch of days.

I think me and the lady are going to fly to Paris and take the train down to A-dam to take in the scenery (she's never been to Europe). We would arrive Monday evening or Tuesday morning in A-Dam and kick through Friday night or Saturday morning.

Can't wait to meet all my bruthas in herb

Tex

G

Sounds like a very nice trip TK. I might stay alittle longer and leave on Monday. Don't want to rush back and be hitting all the long lines at the airport. It's going to be fun for sure.

G

Airport lines suck for sure. I may tweak my schedule to avoid them as well

Tex

G

Texas if you, your bong and your missus (not necessarily in that order ;))decide to take in beautiful Italy while you're in Europe you just drop me a pm, I'd be both very pleased to meet you if you do, and more than happy to give you some tips on what can be found here, places to visit and so on.

G

What a warm offer Blue, I had not thought about more extensive travels till now but that would definately be a blast.

How long a ride on the train is it to Italy from Amsterdam?

I have detailed maps but getting an idea of time is difficult.

I enjoyed Germany a few years back and that might make for a good stop.

Anyways, If I get to plannin, it ought to be a blast.

Tex

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Hi guys, yeah, it will be here before you know it! :p

We are still discussing how the 4:20 IC Mag Cup will be done this coming year. We learned alot from last years Cup...you know, things that worked well, and things that didn't go so well. It's a live and learn experience for sure.

At this moment I can say YES the 4:20 Cup will be held in Amsterdam, not Canada (don't know where that came from!):p

As far as arrival into Amsterdam, that's pretty much up to each person's schedule, although I would advise to perhaps plan on coming in on Friday or Saturday and getting to know your way around, enjoy the many coffeeshops that Amsterdam has to offer, and of course visiting Gypsy Nirvana/Seedboutique each morning for a nice wake and bake.

Last year Gypsy spent close to 20,000 euros out of his own pocket to throw a big party comparabale to any HT Cup....unfortunately not enough folks knew about it or had time to include it in their schedule so we had only a couple hundred attendees. This coming year we are going to wazzle, dazzle, entertain, and keep you all high as kites....but on a bit of a scaled down version to last year. Last year was a bit over the top....if you missed it....you really missed out on a good time! But none to fear, this 2005's Cup will be every bit as special, but in a more relaxed and less formal atmosphere.

We have not determined the venue at this time....and YES there will be a Grower's Cup, so keep that in mind....reminds me of entering the county fair back home....don't forget to plan on entering your prized variety where it will be smoked and judged along with others across the globe.

So my advice for planning.....as long as you are in Amsterdam from Monday-Wednesday you'll not miss a thing! :D Arriving earlier or staying later is all up to you and highly recommended!

As soon as more details are decided upon we'll let you all know. So get ta growin that fine entry! And don't forget, the majority of judges are comprised of YOU the attendees.....Be there or be left out of all the fun!:D

Last 4:20....DG's wake and bake session....ahhh, Chocolate Thai!

9Chocolate-Thai-med.jpg

Come and get bonged with Gypsy!
9GypsyBong.jpg

Unpressed bubble hash....thanks to TF!
9TF_s-73u-med.jpg

There's a triple chamber bong waiting for you!
9Triple-Chamber-Bong-med.jpg

Wow...starting to get excited...thank's for the nudge!:D

Thanks, dg

G

Tex, Its a long one in train, overnight and you have to change trains somehwere but I don't know where. There's one of those no frills airlines that connects Amsterdam to Milan or Venice called Basiqair, take a look at the link, tickets start at €29,99 which is about US$32.00, and that would definitely be a quick and cheap solution (much cheaper and quicker than by train), give you time to just roam around Italy, its a small country and you can easily travel all over Italy by train. I for example live 1 hour from Florence, 40 minutes from Rimini (beach), 1 1/2 hours from Milan, 2 hours from Venice, 4 hours from Rome etc....I live more or less on the borderline between north and central Italy.
Again, it would be a pleasure! I'm thinking about going to the 420 myself, but I'd only be satying in A'Dam a couple of days because I have a son who I'd be leaving home with a babysitter. I'm sure your wife will love Europe, and its a shame to come all the way over here and not see just a little more of it, don't you think?
Start brainstorming! I'll be here :)
:wave:

Last edited:

all kifd up

I'm so pumped up for this! I wish I could hibernate until April haha.

I was also wondering... is it frowned upon to be attending just to smoke & meet people? Because I'm currently not growing, and will not have anything to enter myself!!! But I look foward to trying everyone's goodies and meeting true heads like myself :) :D

Bodhi

Perfect...

Perfect...

I'm really stoked :D

I'm glad you got this thread going BG because I definitely needed some info on how it's all going to go down.

Dutchgrown: Mmmmm chocolate thai! :eek: My main goal in Amsterdam is to try and find some really "up" Hazy smoke, I'm sure you can help me out with that ;) So you say this year is going to be a little more relaxed? That sounds really nice because I don't really want to be hitting Amsterdam for the first time when it's at full capacity and all the Coffee Shops are packed full or out of herb! Well I know they won't be out of herb...but you know what I mean :p

I'm tuned into this thread for the preliminary meet and greets to the 4/20 festivities :cool:

For those of you who I haven't met here or over at OG (my homebase), it's nice to meet you:wave: You can call me Bodhi, or Sun DMC...whichever's good for you :)

peace n' love
-sun

G

I'll be there! London, then A dam, Prague, Greece, and Italy. Will be traveling with my oldest daughter. She's been so she will be my guide. Can't freaking wait. Booking this week with BA. 440 rt from SF.

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
I will be there with bells and whistles on!!! Anyone from the states that went last year please let me know on the approx cost of trip please!! I am budgeting for $2,000 total, that sound about right????? Let me know

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
count me and the wife

count me and the wife

We are in!!

TK,I would like to talk with you and BG before that time gets here.Maybe we can fly over together.............

Batrtender,,,,Why can't you do the wintertime?

Last edited:
G

I'm sure we can line-up flights and meet up at connecting flights. I know me and you won't have a problem, since we're on the same coast line. It will be fun and a relaxing time for me.
Can't wait :)

G

Cool beans Capt.

I'm sure for me the flights will be DFW to NY to A-Dam or maybe DFW to Paris or London. I'll start checkin it out.

I think Bart is in school during the fall.

Tex

Latest posts

Latest posts