What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$200 DIY Greenhouse

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
i may have bitten off too much here and this is not set in stone, but this is my list for the greenhouse in 2012...

i have seeds or clones for over half of these, the rest i plan to acquire in the next month or two... ;)

bolded is what i have...

Peppers
Hot Banana
Purple Jalapenos
Lilac Hybrid
Sweet Pickle
Bolivian Rainbow
Roumanian Rainbow
Sante Fe Grande
Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Largo Purple
Bell Peppers
Jalapeno
Habanero

Tomato's
Celebrity
Early Girl
Azoychka
Super Sweet 100 Hybrid

Veggies
Carrots
Lettuce

Sweet Potatoes
Potatoes
Squash
Brussel Sprouts
Cabbage
Cauliflower
Corn
Cucumbers
Onions
Garlic
Okra
Peas
Spinach
Broccoli

Fruit
Canaloupe
Pumpkin
Watermelon
Strawberries

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
That should keep you busy for a while. I'm kind of thinking about an indoor veggie garden myself, but I'll have a greenhouse one of these days.

GP73LPC

Veteran
you should do a little indoor veggie garden.

nothing quite like some fresh home grown :D

GP73LPC

Veteran
2012 greenhouse peppers

picture.php

broccoli harvest

picture.php

picture.php

new shoots, hoping for another harvest if it keeps on kickin in the winter... ;)

picture.php

picture.php

GP73LPC

Veteran
had the broccoli for dinner tonight and i'm not even gonna lie, it was the best freakin broccoli i've ever had.

kinda like growing your own weed. opens up an entire new appreciation for home grown ;)

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
Hey GP...Stumbled across your greenhouse thread and ended up readin the whole thing. Impressive as hell man! I'm in the middle of greenhouse plans for the upcoming season myself, whether I like it or not.

Which is to say, in my neck of the woods, the county boys are going to be enforcing a maximum cultivation square footage ordinance they passed last month so it looks like it's time to take my outdoor ventures inside=greenhouse.
Your thread reminds me that greenhouses are not only for "that other stuff" but homegrown veggies as well...So, there is that. Thanks for the reminder...CC

GP73LPC

Veteran
Hey GP...Stumbled across your greenhouse thread and ended up readin the whole thing. Impressive as hell man! I'm in the middle of greenhouse plans for the upcoming season myself, whether I like it or not.

Which is to say, in my neck of the woods, the county boys are going to be enforcing a maximum cultivation square footage ordinance they passed last month so it looks like it's time to take my outdoor ventures inside=greenhouse.
Your thread reminds me that greenhouses are not only for "that other stuff" but homegrown veggies as well...So, there is that. Thanks for the reminder...CC

thanks man and good luck on your planning and building...

and growing !!! :tiphat:

Love it,clean and nice

appreciate it... :wave:

GP73LPC

Veteran
i don't think the plastic is a problem. the sun is hard to beat, even through plastic...

GP73LPC

Veteran
did a little more prep work today...

lined the outside of the greenhouse with dirt, air proofing it a little better....

picture.php

i also started to make some raised beds :jump:

picture.php

picture.php

and lastly, the broccoli still kicking after the main head was harvested...

picture.php

GP73LPC

Veteran
some more prep work done today...

shovel by shovel using this trailer is how i am filling the raised beds... good fertile soil of the edges of the creek...

picture.php

today i bought cabbage seedlings, brussel sprout seedlings, cauliflower seedling, strawberry seedlings and romaine seedlings... onion sets and potatoes. as for seeds, i got bush beans, snap peas, carrots, cucumbers, spinach and squash..., to go with the tomato clones (producing tomato's), dwc tomato's, broccoli seedlings, pepper plants and basil under the LED array... most will go outside in the next 1-2 months...

picture.php

also planted some azoychka tomato's, early girl tomato's and sweet 100 cherry tomato's today...

i also loaded two trailers of dirt into one raised bed. i estimate i need another 5 or 6 for that side, then 8 more loads for the opposite side. hard work, but it's good for me...

picture.php

G

Guest 88950

very nice GP, id really like to have all my stuff in a greenhouse one day.

cant wait till you can flower some girls out in there.

Latest posts

Latest posts