What's new

20 to life...

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Preacher said:
I'd be surprised if SCF hadn't mentioned this already, but I'm starting to think the best way to avoid getting busted in CA is to run your business such that it is or appears to be worth very little in assets. Check the statistics for asset seizure, they make way too damn much money doing it and throw a good piece of it into perpetuating these kinds of busts. The DEA has the ability to essentially steal everything you own from you if you run a dispensary and if you make it look like it's worth their while to do just that you should not be surprised when it happens.

Everyone else has been saying fly low. I think it'd be just as effective to run your business such that the US government can't get any profit past your car and furniture for arresting you, either by donating as much as possible to charity or simply putting your assets in a place the US can't get them.

This philosophy should apply regardless of whether you are a legal participant (med clubs) or an illegal participant in the cannabis trade. The feds obviously make no distinction between the two. Don't flaunt it!

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
KillerDemo said:
damn they dont even do murderer's and child rapists this dirty......wtf is this country coming to? but still he shouldnt have made a rap-video

if it wasnt fact he went around stabbin kids and tryn to act liek a gangstar rapper == hed still be in tha game

what them say???

the nail that sticks out always gon get hammered down...

In any business, It's always smarter to mask your profits. (IE: Don't ever flaunt your money.)

Just look at the oil industry executives in the U.S. They're dealing with similar persecution right now. Why should they have to defend themselves for making profits? In reality, we should be ashamed of ourselves for paying the price they charge for gas.

Historically, those who are lazy and ignorant end up turning against those who those who make the most money. Merchants and bankers went through the same experience a few hundred years ago. Today, we attack oil barons and drug dealers.

20kw dreams

I've got no sympathy for someone who is going to be so belligerent about flaunting their cash like that. My personal interpretation of Cali Med laws is that those laws were intentionally written to avoid such obvious abuses. The fact that they try and use the med laws as an "excuse" to sell mad meds at steep prices legally shows how truly ignorant this dude was. If he had in fact been using SB420 as a guideline, he would be a free man (not for profit?). However, he was obviously not, and so is being persecuted as the "drug dealer" he is. The second you start introducing violence into any marijuana business, THAT makes you a "drug dealer" in my book. Then, to go and be a f'in wigger rapper? And do a video blatantly disrespecting the city council of the town you live in? COME ON!! THIS GUYS A MORON!! This dude obviously had no intention of helping sick patients, or in fact running a legitimate business, otherwise, he might of recognized how weird it was to put money in boxes, not withstanding artistic license in his film....I hope they slapped him around a bit before they locked him up too.

I do disagree with the sentencing though, that's pretty harsh, but really I think it's a whole different issue then should be discussed here. The guy was a BS med supplier, who gives the good people around the state a bad name, so for that he should get a minute in the pen for sure, but...past 20? just take his shit and use him as a colostomy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colostomy

practice patient for a few years...with a tattoo on his forehead which identifies him a such:)

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
ok since 20 K wrote this. I value his opinion greatly. I am just curious what violent crimes occurred that i dont know about?

Also if sb420 was never written ( which was passed when Gov Grey Davis got kicked out of office) then we would still be under 215. And 215 over rides sb420 from what i know.

http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1202421668633&rss=newswire

Last edited:

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Yeah and Marilyn Manson sings about being the Anti Christ.....

20kw dreams

Why thank ya SCF :blush: Right back atcha bud. The ability for people to debate differences of opinion while sharing mutual dignity and respect, feeds the flowers of our mind. I have both for you my friend. :D

That was an excellent article, which points out the legal mess the medi-pot laws are, especially with such resistance by law enforcement. 420 and 215 are both law, 11365.7 I believe? And as such both are of equal footing, 420 meant as a clarification of the vague. 215 would trump 420, but only as in the example you brought forth, where there are contradictions in the laws. 215 does not allow for, or even address the distribution of medicinal cannabis, therefore I would argue that 420 is not contradicting 215 by allowing for caregivers/co-ops etc, but expanding upon the issue without going through all the BS and time that comes with having to pass another initiative. Being the only text which directly addresses the distribution of medicinal cannabis, albeit itself vague, it is not putting restrictions on 215 by limiting the business model to "not-for-profit" for distribution.

While Marilyn may be singing about the anti-christ, he's not going around preaching about "the lord" and what not, and I think that is the difference.

It's the blatant disregard for the intention of the law which forgives my sympathy to that dude.

And, I believe the murder was pretty violent, but other then that, it is the portrayal of firearms and threat of violence which I would consider "violent". All this while running a "co-op"? I guess that's what happens...

Peace

NorCalHal

HairyPlumz said:
luke was a tweerker, on meth most likely coke as well . Those clowns liked needles or darts they called um.

You sir,are an idiot. I have known this kid for over 15 years, and he was not a tweaker, lol.

The incident with the 18 year old "kid" was way before they even thought of opening a club. And L wasn't the one who stabbed the kid fool.

L was not the poster boy for MMJ, thats for sure. And yes, they were out to make money , AS ALL CLUBS ARE, do not be fooled. There is NO SUCH THING as a Non-Profit club. They may be filed as such, but they all make HUGE money, and the CCH made the LEAST amount of all clubs in the Nor-Cal.

Was L an idiot? Hell ya. On numerous levels. But over 20 tears in the penn is a little harsh.

L has NOT been sentenced yet. Sentencing is set for Aug 4th. One charge carries the 20-life, so at a minimum, he will get 20 years for that ONE charge, plust the other 7 charges they were found guilty of.

HairyPlumz, stay in skool and study hard in English, you need it.

Last edited:
J

Jack Crevalle

They may be filed as such, but they all make HUGE money, and the CCH made the LEAST amount of all clubs in the Nor-Cal.

I get your point, but "Huge money"? I'd like to know what "HUGE" means to you in terms of income and how you think an ignorant comment like that helps the MMJ movement by posting such nonsense...

I'm glad you're an accountant and know the balance sheets of these mom and pops businesses....huh... you're talking out your ass...Phillip Morris, Jack Daniels, they make HUGE money amigo...

Bottom line is MMJ is under attack and people need to stand up to it, it's unfortunate these guys got slammed, but it appears they went about alot of things the wrong way, including a good lawyer??

Very stupid for any judge to give 30 years for a true MMJ caregiver, something tells me there's more to this story? If not it is pretty ridiculous..Many murderers don't get those sentences.and herb doesn't even have any proven side effects...ouch

inflorescence

Veteran
Jack Crevalle said:
Many murderers don't get those sentences...

But as horriffic as murder (and rape) are they are in essence a ONE time crime (not counting serial killers or habitual rapists), whereas isn't the 20 to life for a CONTINUING criminal enterprise?

This is where it gets sticky, you can kill and get less but since pot is illegal under fed law, even though you're selling it everyday legally under state law your basically continuing a criminal enterprise in the feds eye and to them that's the worst kind of criminal cause it shows habitualility (meaning you know it's illegal yet keep doing it). The feds really hate that.

Unfortunately this is where state MMJ are akin to the dolphins caught in the feds drug war tuna nets (<--BTW that was an Alexander Shulgin quote).

Last edited:
ItsGrowTime said:
Sad state of things when a guy running a cannabis dispensary gets 20 to life while Cindy McCain sits on a $100 million beer fortune that's killed, injured and ruined the lives of millions of people. He gets jail, she gets a shot at First Lady. Ughhhh

Hmm that makes it more likely McCain would go after pot dispensaries. Marijuana cuts in on Cindy's action from alcohol sales.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
HairyPlumz said:
Dude im an idiot for calling luke a tweerker? YOU MY IDIOT FREIND SHOULD LISTEN TO THIS MUSIC ON MYSPACE NOT HIS PAGE BUT ITS HIM SINGING ABOUT DOING DOPE!!!!!! METH YOUR THE IDOIT WITH YOUR EARS CLOSED AND YOUR MOUTH OPEN!!LISTEN YOU FOOL!! WHEN HE SAYS D ITS MEANS DOPE, YOU NONE LITERATE FOOL,
IN THE OTHER SONGS HE SAYS DO A LITTLE MORE DOPE AND STAY UP ALL WEEK UNTILL HIS MONDAY OFF. REFERING TO THE CLUB, WITCH MEANS YOU IDIOT HE WAS TWEEKING WHILE RUNNING THE CLU8. http://www.myspace.com/186687136 THE SONG IS CALLED strobe lights LUKE IS THE SECOND SINGER SECOND VERSE.

WENT TO CLASSWITH ALL THESE CATS, I KNOW WHATUP I PRIOBRABLY KNOW YOUR LAME ASS. SPEAKNOTHING BUT THE TRUTH AND IF THAT HURTS THEN YOUR NOT TRUE YOUR SELF,

i NEED YOUR ENGLISH LIKE I NEED ASSHOLES ON MY ELBOWS,.

Your insults are getting less and less amusing. And your English is starting to scare me.

NorCalHal

SCF said:
Your insults are getting less and less amusing. And your English is starting to scare me.

Thanks SCF. Did that fool get banned? I know I misspell things time to time, but DAMN.

And I can assure you fool, that you do not know me. I don't hang around wanna be thugs.

As you can see from Hairy's post, that alot of folks who knew and hung around L were total idiots. That was his undoing.

Last edited:

greenhead

Veteran
I think they got what they wanted. They were trying to live out the life of a criminal drug dealer, with weapons, gangsta shit and bling bling. The only part missing from their little fantasy was a prison term to make them legit thugs.

:joint: :wave:

rsteeb

Yeah, WTF were they thinking, producing the DEA's own propaganda vid? A faux pas of the first magnitude, for sure. And the fncking thing was still on line, last I looked!?

Things work out SO much better when you work with the city council and stay compassionate in your ways...

http://www.reason.com/blog/show/126966.html

rsteeb

Modesto men sentenced in medical pot case
The Associated Press
Posted: 11/21/2008 07:08:05 PM PST

FRESNO, Calif.—Two men who ran a medical marijuana dispensary in Modesto are headed to prison after being convicted of running a criminal enterprise.

A federal judge in Fresno on Friday sentenced 28-year-old Luke Scarmazzo to nearly 22 years and 28-year-old Ricardo Montes to 20 years for manufacturing marijuana and possessing it with intent to distribute.

Drug Enforcement Administration officials say records at the clinic, called the California Healthcare Collective, showed the pair made more than $4.5 million in marijuana sales from October 2004 to June 2006.

Two jurors said last month they wanted the men to get a new trial after voting for conviction, then learning later that the punishment was so steep.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_11045949

:badday:

T

TwistedRemedy

i think he wanted to be johny depp in the movie blow, but he must have forgett were that character ended up.

Latest posts

Latest posts