What's new

20 to life...

NorCalHal

I am not sure if anyone has been following this. There was a Cannibis dispensary busted near me a couple of years ago. It has been going thru the court system and finally went to trial.
This is the first case in the USA of any dispensary owners. All other cases has been dropped, or plea deals reached. This is the first case to go to jury trial.
The accused got guilty verdicts. One of the charges carries a 20year manditory minimum. Here is the story.

Could this set the future for canibis clubs?

http://www.medicalmarijuanaofamerica.com/content/view/220/119/

Last edited:

NorCalHal

peanutbutter said:
Did I misunderstand you?

This was a dispensary busted by YOU?

Cmon meow. Maybe I should have said, 'close to me", not "by me". lol.

No man, the club was near where I live.

R

Raistlin Majere

replace the word by with near
now it makes sense :wave:

:edit: lol we posted at the same time

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Fucking "A" this is bullshit.

God speed ahead brotha! My positive vibes are with these soldiers.

Now its funny all the crap people talk about the clubs have fake clones, they have high prices. Bla bla bla bla.... Yet these are what the owners and operators face when the DEA decides they want to fuck with you. 20 TO LIFE!!!! I dont think you can imagine 1 year behind bars. These men are soldiers in my eyes. And nothing will ever change my mind about that. No flaws in the medical marijuana system will deter me from the real fight and identifying the real soldiers on the war front.

SCF

Right on scf I agree with that 110 percent soldiers is right growin is one thing but having the balls to risk your life with a store on a busy street with a neon sign helping people get meds is a different level of commitment. sorry ass goverment sending people away for 20 for helping the sick and dying wouldnt want there bad karma.

hells bells. fight on brothers, tis a sad state this county,system etc... SCF is right real soliders fight, fakeLEO all fall in good time...

U

ureapwhatusow

when compasion care becomes a crime punishable by life in prison it time for something more than a rant

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Sad state of things when a guy running a cannabis dispensary gets 20 to life while Cindy McCain sits on a $100 million beer fortune that's killed, injured and ruined the lives of millions of people. He gets jail, she gets a shot at First Lady. Ughhhh

Preacher

"Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is also a prison."
-Henry David Thoreau

And so they are.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
correct me if im wrong -- but isnt he the owner/grower who was also the rapper who did the video that showed him selling 20 packs ... stacking loads of 100s into counting machine and flipping off the modesto city council...?

Last edited:
I'm not saying he deserves it, but the owner of the modesto co-op was really shady. His entourage was traveling down the main road in modesto a few years ago and a kid threw an egg at his car. They pulled over, killed him, and beat up his friend. One of his buddies took the blame for it so he wouldn't have to. This guy wasn't in it for the movement, he's just a criminal

story-
http://www.kcra.com/news/1920084/detail.html

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
BiG H3rB Tr3E said:
correct me if im wrong -- but isnt he the owner/grower who was also the rapper who did the video that showed him selling 20 packs ... stacking loads of 100s into counting machine and flipping off the modesto city council...?

So? How is that any different than your local councilman accepting $25K from lobbyists to vote on a law and figuratively flipping off the citizens? It's all the same principle. Only difference is one goes to jail for it. Guess which one! Ironically only one of those is actually legal under CA law. Guess which one!

NorCalHal

BiG H3rB Tr3E said:

Yes, it is, the same cats from the 60 minuates episode.

Sure, I thought they were fools for making that vid. Fools.

But all in all, I don't beleive that a life sentance is what they deserved.
An article in the local paper ran the story about the verdict. Right next to it was a story about another case. 3 guys did a double murder. They got 14 years. Just doesn't make sense.

And I agree with resistance, they were definatly not in for the movement. They were out to make money. And the incident with the kid getting stabbed was before they ever started talking about opening a club. And the guy who got busted didn't take the fall for L.

As I said, all in all these guy were not the typical club owners. But still, alife sentance for weed when murderers get less time is crazy.

Last edited:

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
NorCalHal said:
As I said, all in all these guy were not the typical club owners. But still, alife sentance for weed when murderers get less time is crazy.

I agree .. No one deserves to be arrested for weed,,, but we dont deserve to have L as a front man for the medical marijuana movement, it only makes it look like a criminal drug eneterprise..

anyways heres L's video: "Business Man" .... if your interested.

http://krazmusic.com/video.swf