What's new

2 weeks from harvest PM issues

GoneRooty

Eagle 20 is best used in veg its Certainly not posion

Eagle 20 is nothing BUT poison! This is an organic forum correct? Eagle 20 is so far from organic is not even funny. The main ingredient is Myclobutanil, which is HIGHLY toxic and is listed as both a possible endocrine disruptor and a developmental/reproductive toxin. And that's just one chemical in it.
And speaking as another resident from the land of PM (the pacific nw), I'm gonna agree with CC1, the lacto works wonders!! And it's organic!

GoneRooty

Hey smoke, I know I saw your joking line at the bottom of your post, and I hope CC1 did too. However, you weren't the only person who said Eagle20, and I know my post was directed to them, and not you. Can't speak for CC1, but knowing him I'm assuming he was talking to the other people as well. The ones who weren't joking about Eagle20.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Hey smoke, I know I saw your joking line at the bottom of your post, and I hope CC1 did too. However, you weren't the only person who said Eagle20, and I know my post was directed to them, and not you. Can't speak for CC1, but knowing him I'm assuming he was talking to the other people as well. The ones who weren't joking about Eagle20.
How correct you are indeed GR........
I don't have a "hate" for folks that use chems...they just don't know about other effective methods,or they have no fear of developing some form of disease from being exposed to stuff like Eagle 20. That reality doesn't exist for them...some of these people are my friends....some with cancer.

Thanks to all of you. No wonder I've never heard of eagle20.

Verdant- thanks for the info as to the cause of the PM...I had to push a bunch of smaller plants through my room due to the impending laws here. My plants are alot greener than normal and my wet dry cycles have been extreme due to the fact I've been getting laid lately. Humidity has been a little higher than normal around these parts...impossible to buy dehumidifier in time...every store I go to looks at me like Im crazy and then they ask if I meant a humidifier.

Captain and Clack - thanks for those recipes i'll be sure to implement them on a preventative basis just like neem and lavender from now on. Super nervous about spraying the ladies at all this far in. I suppose I will if the problem worsens, really just been a couple leaves at this point.
Really appreciate your help.

Thanks Rocky

Hey D- Pm is powdery mildew.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
endocrine schmedocrine LOL No big deal. I mean i use eagle 20 instead of milk so that my future kids will be as normal and healthy as possible.

Great recipes one and all. Copy and pasted into my organic fanatic folder of goodness. Lacto is good for all kinds of applications. :D

mad librettist

Veteran
If in flowering use Green Cure. It knocks the pm out. If in veg Eagle20

this is like swatting flies off a cadaver!

Eagle 20 has no place in agriculture, PERIOD. It is for ornamental plants ONLY. Not only is it not kosher for organic ag, it's not safe to use on consumables at any stage, at any time.

GoneRooty

Do we have to go over this whole Eagle20 poison thing every time someone doesn't read the whole thread? There needs to be a filter where every time someone types in eagle20 in the organic forum, their keyboard shocks them, or even better, sprays Eagle20 out of the speakers on to them.

Let's all get this straight, EAGLE20 is POISON!!! And like ML said, it shouldn't be used on any type of agriculture at any time, EVER!!!

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
I do not have and never have had powdery mildew..... so lucky. My intakes are near a grape arbor of my neighbors...... in Oregon lol I have been very lucky. :D

Check out oxidate and actinovate. 2 organic products that can be used with great success up until harvest. I haven't purchased from the links just posting them. The oxidate now comes in a cheaper RTU configuration. Actinovate is now sold by all hydro shops that stock NGW but also available at most garden centers and nurseries. With normal discounts it was actually cheaper at the hydro store. I'm doing soil drench and foliar on the actinovate.

Oxidate
OxiDate kills a wide variety of harmful fungi and bacteria using state-of-the-art peroxygen technology that rapidly oxidizes on contact, protecting crops from disease-causing pathogens. Oxidate is recommended for use with both field-grown crops and commercial greenhouses, and is OMRI-approved for use with organically grown crops.
http://www.enviroselects.com/oxidate-broad-spectrum-bactericide-fungicide-1.html

Actinovate

Streptomyces lydicus

Actinovate® AG is a biological fungicide for the suppression of root rot and damping-off fungi
and the suppression of foliar fungal pathogens. When used as a soil drench or seed treatment, soil
borne fungi suppressed include Fusarium, Rhizoctonia, Pythium, Phytophthora, Phymatotrichum
omnivorum (cotton root rot), Aphanomyces, Monosporascus, Armillaria, Sclerotinia, Postia,
Verticillium, Geotrichum, and other root-decay fungi. The active ingredient in Actinovate® AG
colonizes the root system and protects it from harmful fungi. When used as a spray, Actinovate®
AG effectively suppresses foliar diseases such as Powdery and Downy Mildew, Botrytis, Monilinia, Anthracnose, Greasy Spot, Sclerotinia, Alternaria, Erwinia and others
http://www.naturalindustries.com/retail/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13&Itemid=3

Eagle 20 and Procure seem to be the norm in the medical community up here though. The use/misuse of pesticides/fungicides is one of the most troubling things I've encountered in the med community.

Good luck on the PM

GS

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Thanks to all of you. No wonder I've never heard of eagle20.

Verdant- thanks for the info as to the cause of the PM...I had to push a bunch of smaller plants through my room due to the impending laws here. My plants are alot greener than normal and my wet dry cycles have been extreme due to the fact I've been getting laid lately. Humidity has been a little higher than normal around these parts...impossible to buy dehumidifier in time...every store I go to looks at me like Im crazy and then they ask if I meant a humidifier.

Best reason ever for oversight of any kind :tiphat:

mad librettist

Veteran
you know, the biggest load of bunk, if I may rant for a second, is the line about "you should only use it in veg", or "I only use it responsibly". Am I supposed to believe that an MJ farmer with a bottle of eagle 20 and your blessing to use it in veg is not going to be REALLY FUCKING TEMPTED to rescue his flowering crop with it? And is that person likely to put a warning on the product or tell anyone about the use of poison?

The reasoning involved migh go along the lines of "hey, people are going to smoke limited quantities of the poison smoke - all the other producers only use it in veg."

GoneRooty

Yeah ML, it just amazes me that anyone can think that Eagle20 is safe at any time in any way! Even used on ornamental landscaping and golf courses, like it's supposed to be, it's still a POISON. Even used according to the label, unprotected people are not supposed to be allowed into the treated area for at least 24hrs, and the label says that no plant parts treated with eagle20 should be used as food or feed. But hey it must be safe to use on cannabis in veg right? None of those toxic side effects will happen to me! Dumbasses!!! QUIT POISONING YOURSELVES, YOUR FRIENDS, AND THE EARTH!!!!!!

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i would remove affected leaves, make sure the plants stay evenly moist - heavy wet/dry cyces tend to encourage it. try and up the air circulation especially around the plants that are affected.

next run try and use a little less N if you think you can get away with it. the soft sappy growth you get with high N tends to get infected more easily than plants that are grown a bit 'leaner'
i see PM on lots of different plants as a gardener, i find it tends to be associated with water stress as much as anything else. - so try to not let the plants dry out too much.

Ten 4 on that Verdant. Soluble nutrients, either N or P contribute to powdery mildew (in my limited experience). Whether organic nutrients encouraged to become solublized or chelated outside of the natural plant exudates I'm unsure of. Good topic to research.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah, whenever i see it develop its usually after periods of drought - it also seems more prevalent on plants that have been grown in rich compost before being planted...

im lucky enough to have never seen pm on a cannabis plant, but see it on lots of other plants. extra watering when it's been dry a while seems to prevent it on most garden plants.

one more thing - PM spores have a high water content which (unusually for a fungus) allow it to infect plants when its quite dry. good circulation and extraction can discourage the spores from settling on the plants in the first place..

VG

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
this is like swatting flies off a cadaver!

Eagle 20 has no place in agriculture, PERIOD. It is for ornamental plants ONLY. Not only is it not kosher for organic ag, it's not safe to use on consumables at any stage, at any time.

So what works as good if not better than the e20? Green Cure works good but only for a couple weeks. When something gets hit with e20 pm is gone

C

CC_2U

PM is never 'gone' - that's a physical impossibility. Some things are an immutable fact.

Even in the weird science world of growing cannabis.

CC

C

CC_2U

Would you consider taking a piss all over your plants, if you were sure it'd wipe out the PM?

"Time to get up honey and do a hot-squat!"

"On the glass coffee table again?"

"No - on the plants in the basement. I'm fighting powdery mildew!"

"Good thing you're not dealing with the heartbreak of psoriasis like last summer!"​

Fun times indeed.