What's new

2 weeks from harvest PM issues

So I'm a couple weeks out and I noticed PM on a couple of leaves in my room and removed them. Is there much that I can do at this point??
Or do I just cross my fingers ???

Thanks

Rocky

cyat

Veteran
peroxide and water spray as needed. doesnt affect the herb too much. not as much as mold.
try eagle20 or immunox in veg next time.

C

CT Guy

I had some success with milk, but I think I'm going to get make a lacto bacillus mix for my next run.

Well I just moved into a new place and this is the first run through this new room. Temps/humidity and air circulation are all good.

What is eagle20?? My waters pH is 7.8-8.3 out of the tap. Super nervous spraying anything on them at all. Literally have only seen it on a couple leaves and my 10 by 10 room is packed to the gills.

What are the recipes/ratios for using peroxide?
What are the recipes/ratios for using milk?

I live in Montana and this might be the last "big" harvest I get before the law changes.

Thanks for all the help

Rocky

soil margin

Veteran
I just took care of some PM in my room a couple days ago.

Trimmed off all of the leaves that had any visible spots, then made a milk foliar spray, basically 1 part milk to 20 parts water (I used compost tea). Made sure to spray the tops and bottoms of all foliage.

Also make sure humidity is low and air circulation is good, otherwise the PM will most likely be back.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i would remove affected leaves, make sure the plants stay evenly moist - heavy wet/dry cyces tend to encourage it. try and up the air circulation especially around the plants that are affected.

next run try and use a little less N if you think you can get away with it. the soft sappy growth you get with high N tends to get infected more easily than plants that are grown a bit 'leaner'
i see PM on lots of different plants as a gardener, i find it tends to be associated with water stress as much as anything else. - so try to not let the plants dry out too much.

Had some similar issues with pm about 2 weeks from harvest, ended up choosing milk sprays & harvest was fine.

Ran a de-humidifier, heat & fans so they dry off fast & did some baking soda sprays (arm & hammer brand) to make the plant more alkaline, heck maybe mix them both together.

A good pure water wash then dry at the very end will hopefully wash off some of the spray residue ?

That pm can fuk crops up, your going to want to get that nasty bud killin' mold under control before the spores take hold in your growroom. Bleach, sulfur burner, ozone generator are helpful tools.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Try this:
1 gal distilled water
1/4 cup active lactobacillius culture
1/4 cup Dynagro ProTekt
A couple drops of Dr. Bronner's liquid castile soap plain

Spray at lights out and turn off fans. Smells like cheese for a couple days but goes away and leaves no residue behind like milk. Avoid drenching the buds,just hit the PM.
Usually takes care of PM overnight for me...but some types of PM are tougher.

Try making your Lactobacillus culture out of BIM's gathered from your local area.
The idea is that the local organisms are more adapted to the species of flora and fuana of your area. And if they are indeed consuming the PM as food....only a guy with a microscope might confirm that. The silicone from the ProTekt alone can destroy PM,as the few drops of soap a surfactant on the PM a well.

YMMV

C

CC_2U

So I'm a couple weeks out and I noticed PM on a couple of leaves in my room and removed them. Is there much that I can do at this point??
Or do I just cross my fingers ???

Thanks

Rocky

Rocky

This should get you across the finish line without damaging or inhibiting the flowering process.

1. Take 6 cloves of fresh garlic (Sulphur) and peel. Put into a blender or food processor with a couple of cups of organic apple cider vinegar (Acetic acid & lactobacillus). Puree.

2. Add about 1" of chopped fresh ginger and puree that with the garlic mixture.

3. Put everything into a container and fill with the vinegar to hit 1/2 gallon. Let this sit for at least 2 days.

4. Mix 2 - 3 tablespoons of the strained vinegar mix to 1 gallon of water. Add 2 tsps. of Pro-TeKt (liquid silica) and the soap that CaptCheeze1 recommended.

Spray this on your plants at the end of the light cycle and let it sit through the off period. Check for results when the light come on the next cycle.

If it looks like this arrested it then follow-up in 4 or 5 days with another application just to be safe.

As CC1 pointed out, the regular use of liquid silica is very important to both prevent an outbreak as well as arresting an attack.

HTH

CC

C

CC_2U

Rocky

I forgot this and it's important - add 1/4 cup of aloe vera juice to your 1 gallon of mix. The preservative-free product(s) from Lily of The Desert are a good choice and easy to find.

CC

C

CC_2U

Eagle 20EW - Dow Chemical's contribution to chemical fungicides. Many states require a license to buy it much less us it.

Here's the label - read it for yourself.

Right down there with Floramite and Avid.

CC

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
OMFG...Eagle 20. Is poison and Not Organic..and not cool to smoke no matter what some smartass stoner with a nifty thread on IC says........far from cool in organics. Lame...

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Ya think that maybe this being the organic soil forum....that we should stick to organic solutions...or not.....unleaded gas works too.

Censorship SUCKS!!!.......even though my last post came back from nowhere land,....... nasty chemicals and censorship SUCK!

M

Marathanman

When in flowering PMT from Canadian Express is the best bet can be used right up until harvet. Eagle 20 is best used in veg its Certainly not posion and is the best treatment but as stated best using the PMT during flowering.

Latest posts

Latest posts