What's new

2.6k hps 9 bucket RDWC

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
its all good bro,yeah it sorta just popped into my head and it took maybe 45min to an hr to complete and test run even.its got 20gal of FNB and calmag and dripclean with 3 clones that i dont think will make it but if they do theyle stay in there,if they dont make it its trainwreck and chemdog kush goin in.

BigGreen

Veteran
Are you using aquashield in your cloner if not you should. My water gets pretty warm and that shit keeps it going good.
Good luck
BG

stussy22

a good friend of mine from the hydro shop said on his aerocloner said he runs a timer on the pump to deal with water temps. On for 1 off for 2-3 hrs. And aqua shield is always a good thing.

green_thumb...

Veteran
well the water temps in the cloner are around 65ish and i added aquashield,hopefully i can get some lvpk cuts to root already.

im so ready to start my rdwc!!

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
well the water temps in the cloner are around 65ish and i added aquashield,hopefully i can get some lvpk cuts to root already.

im so ready to start my rdwc!!

65 may be a little low, is there an air stone in the bucket? DO is great for the ladies.

From my exp if you have cool temps you will get roots before 14 days, some amazing clones start in 3 a few more at 7 most by 11 and almost all by 14.

It is just the deal.

:joint:

green_thumb...

Veteran
hey HS,i didnt think i had to have a airstone in there cuz of the 6 ez clone sprayers and 264gph pump in there?

i guess i'll get one in there asap. so where should the cloner water be at temp wise?

i had a small fish tank heater in there that caused the slimage,i do have a heating mat i could wrap around the bucket and secure with gorilla tape?

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I think 72 is the promise land but others can opine. I just know that the more DO the better and the EZcloener comes with a separate pump and line with micro pores. These things are weeds they will root, but some things make them happier than others.

green_thumb...

Veteran
sweet,im on it. gonna see what that heat mat keeps the water at and add a airpump/stone and hope for the best.

also my lvpk are being a pain to clone,theyre the only ones that are curled and not lookin so good,is she usually a tough gal to clone?

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Nope she is acutally the best of any group. Like I said I have seen 3 days in EZs and domes but 7 days 50% in either unit is standard and 90% at 14days.

what is the Ph and PPm of the solution being shot at the stems?

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
Temperature issues in an Aerocloner are a well known issue, the cloner below runs only 1F above ambient temps!

And they're reasonable, too!

One can build one himself as well but if you buy one you won't have to deal with leaking issues etc.

http://turboklone.com/

AirFlow_Figure2_new_large.jpg

BigGreen

Veteran
I like my water at least 70f sometimes it 76f just use aqaushield with clonex at 350-400 ppm ph 5.8- 6.0
The lvpk roots easy and fast there one of the best Ive seen I dont even think I ever even killed 1 yet. Just warm the water up youll be good
BG

green_thumb...

Veteran
Thanks bg,I'll see what the ppm is tomorrow I can't afford to get clonex so I hope I'll still get resultes with just aquashield?

I got some more work done in the grow too,picked up some soiless mix and repotted 3 bout 3ft tall ladies into 7gal smart pots,hopefully I'll have some 5+ft tall plants come bloom time,there's a trainwreck,kush/haze,sourband and chemdog kush so we'll see how they react to the transplant cuz they were way root bound in 4gallon pots.

B

Bob Smith

GT, right around 70-72F is a great temp for your water in your cloner.

It's brick ass fucking cold where I am, so I've needed to heat the water up - instead of using a heater, I've added a fairly large pump with a venturi attached to oxygenate the water while heating it - two birds with one stone.

And yes, if you're running your sprayers on a timer then you should at least have an airstone in your cloner running 24/7 - stagnant water is never a good thing.

A simple $10 Walmart air pump would be sufficient for ya.

EDIT: I roasted my first batch of clones in my EZ 120 because of high temps (pump running 24/7) and have since added a short cycle timer to the mix - 30 seconds on, 1.5 minutes off works really well for me.

green_thumb...

Veteran
Good to know,I have some fnb and 3part I'll throw a little in there when I get home.

Bout to get 3 teeth pulled.

Latest posts

Latest posts