What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2.6k hps 9 bucket RDWC

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
thank you SH,and they wont,they were found and will never be found again... Gotta love investors.:dance013:

That's what I'm talkin' about!
icon14.gif

phrike

hay yall!

well due to low funds i aborted the rdwc project,so i decieded to use what i got and get a quick harvest in so i threw 12 5" square pots full of hydroton in a 2'x4' E&F tray.

I have 12 cuts in my cloner 6 pineapple kush,1 BBK,1 kush haze,1 sour-band,2 pineapple and 1 bubba kush.

i plan to keep the nutes simple grow/micro for the 2 week veg and conni A&B with big bud and bud blaster for bloom.

Onward and upward ! :)

So please show us how to do a simple DWC system.

I'm new to everything but soil-less mix and I'm casting wondering eyes at DWC and Hempy's.

And I'm sure you'll finish the RDWC eventually...

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
Onward and upward ! :)

So please show us how to do a simple DWC system.

I'm new to everything but soil-less mix and I'm casting wondering eyes at DWC and Hempy's.

And I'm sure you'll finish the RDWC eventually...

Well i thought the 9 system was fairly simple? my old 4 bucket system was way easy to build,Iv tried the singlt bucket dwc with horrid results so i personally wouldnt recommend doin it unless you have a chilled room or if you change the water once a week.

also i just sold that 9 bucket system for 180 to help pay for bills,my new plan is to get this E&F tray set up and get a # off of it and get 2 UC6XXL 13 set ups in febuary with 3k flipped over each set up in seperate rooms.

I WANT A UC SYSTEM SOOOOOO BAD!!!

in my eyes Under Current is the pinnicle of dwc...

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Hi All :wave:

Well Im back again!!! So after gettin jacked for litterly everything grow related while in the hospital im startin to recoop from it,for those who payed any attention to my last grow it was comin down and mighty nice but my wife went into labor and while we were in there someone broke in and took it AAALLLLLLLL!!! filthy fuckin rats!!!! they took all my plants AAALLLLLLL of em they also took all my nutes and lights,hoods,chiller,rdwc system,fans pumps and the entire harvest besides what i was able to smoke and the fucks just dumped the hydro system out up stairs in the bedroom so i also came back to about 25gallons upstairs and down stairs.

anywho karmas a muther fucker.

so iv re acquiered 2k hps in batwing hoods,600w hps also in a batwing hood,400w hps in a coolsun hood,2 8 bulb 4ft T5's 1 4bulb 4ft T5,another 1/4 hp chiller,fans,carbon filter,another veg tent,some poly,pumps air/water,9 lowes buckets,3/4 vinyl tubing,1/2 vinyl tubing and all sorts of elbows and Tees and E&F fittings,still need MLC-4XT light controller and get it wired. :jump: :jump:

so my space is just over 8x8 and like 9ft tall,this is gonna be a garage run of the last stuff i grew in the rdwc.

my nutes are gonna be sensi grow A&B with some calmag,aquashield and maybe some bushmaster,for bloom im gonna be workin with conni bloom A&B,AN BigBud,AN Bud Candy,AN Nirvana,and GH Koolbloom for a ripener.

I'll get pix up of the build as soon as i can find my camera.
WELCOME BACK BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
yeah i need to find a security system like that,im gettin pretty darn close to to back in action and picz right up!!

thanks Greenadian,im very happy to be a pop,and room is almost up and going.

CIMG9863.jpg

got 2 k hung need to spread em out so i can get the 600 in the middle
CIMG9862.jpg

got another evc-2 controlling my veg tent at the moment,was thinking of using that flip box with the 2k but im just gonna run 2 ballast
CIMG9861.jpg

my fan and carbon filter,got the same shait i had last time,it worked great
CIMG9859.jpg

and my 9 bucket config. wiating on fittings and elbows/Tee's

CIMG9860.jpg

and this is the strain thats going in,this bud was upon the jacked ones it was my last rdwc project
CIMG9291.jpg

OMG GT you always get the COOLEST fucking equipment!! I'm loving this already!!

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
hay yall!

well due to low funds i aborted the rdwc project,so i decieded to use what i got and get a quick harvest in so i threw 12 5" square pots full of hydroton in a 2'x4' E&F tray.

I have 12 cuts in my cloner 6 pineapple kush,1 BBK,1 kush haze,1 sour-band,2 pineapple and 1 bubba kush.

i plan to keep the nutes simple grow/micro for the 2 week veg and conni A&B with big bud and bud blaster for bloom.
Okay so I read the whole thread and I'm up to date.. Sorry to hear about the buckets brother but you will NOT be disappointed by the ebb and flow. I PROMISE!!

i still need a 950gph mag drive pump,more vinyl 1/2" & 3/4",more elbows,bucket lids,hydroton,another 1k hps ballast,the light controller,someone to run 240v to the light controller and some nutes.

i tallied it up to around $500 which i dont have and wont have for a while and i really wana get a harvest in cuz nobody wants the outdoor my outdoor grower grew,its not bad but its not my indoor wich everyone around here really wants.

so I just took the rdwc apart and set up the tray with the parts,pumps,pots,hydroton and rez i already had,

i figure with the proceeds from the tray i can get the rdwc goin.
YES!! You get more then the proceeds you need. More TLC for fewer plants = BETTER PLANTS!! Do you still need a pump. I have a maxi-Jet 1000 I can send to you right away. Let me know if you need ANY help with the e&F as I have mine dialed in. Make sure your jiffy cubes are above the waterline or just touching it! Make sure they don't drown on the flood. If you are skipping the jiffy cubes and going straight from cloner then make sure only the roots are drowned. I'm excited :).

BigGreen

Veteran
Your right about the UC its dwc on roids. Really blows em up.
Get them plants growing no matter how you grow em just get a harvest done.
Lets see some pics of the tray
And hurry up and get you one of these so you can get some of this

Good luck and get us some pics of that tray
BG

green_thumb...

Veteran
Okay so I read the whole thread and I'm up to date.. Sorry to hear about the buckets brother but you will NOT be disappointed by the ebb and flow. I PROMISE!!

YES!! You get more then the proceeds you need. More TLC for fewer plants = BETTER PLANTS!! Do you still need a pump. I have a maxi-Jet 1000 I can send to you right away. Let me know if you need ANY help with the e&F as I have mine dialed in. Make sure your jiffy cubes are above the waterline or just touching it! Make sure they don't drown on the flood. If you are skipping the jiffy cubes and going straight from cloner then make sure only the roots are drowned. I'm excited :).
thanks for your enthusiasm,this will be the first time i use this tray for hydro,i usually do a soil bed in it so i can use all help i can get.

but this time i plan to either run 12 5" square pots filled with hydroton or coco cubes not entirely sure yet,also was lannin on runnin sensi grow A&B for veg and conni A&B bloom with big bud powder and bud blaster,you think that would be ok for E&F?

and on the pump if i had the funds id totally pick that up from you cuz i do need a pump still.

green_thumb...

Veteran
Your right about the UC its dwc on roids. Really blows em up.
Get them plants growing no matter how you grow em just get a harvest done.
Lets see some pics of the tray
And hurry up and get you one of these so you can get some of this

Good luck and get us some pics of that tray
BG

the UC is my goal to get,and i'll get pics soon.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
thanks for your enthusiasm,this will be the first time i use this tray for hydro,i usually do a soil bed in it so i can use all help i can get.

but this time i plan to either run 12 5" square pots filled with hydroton or coco cubes not entirely sure yet,also was lannin on runnin sensi grow A&B for veg and conni A&B bloom with big bud powder and bud blaster,you think that would be ok for E&F?

and on the pump if i had the funds id totally pick that up from you cuz i do need a pump still.

Anytime bro!! You fucking ROCKED it b4 as well so I'd like to see some GreenThumb magic :). GWE and BigGreen are doing it hard core so me and you are gonna be lagging but we're all gonna be toking soon with fat pockets and fat means ;).

I actually use the EXACT same pots lol.. I have 125 of them I copped on ebay for 10 bucks lol. I have the 5"square by 7"tall. If you're starting from jiffy cubes then you'll set the flood for once every 4 hours to start. You want the roots to LOOK for the juice :). Once you see a little root sticking out the bottom then we go once every 2 hours and we'll stay here till we get to bloom :)

LoL @ funds. We're growers bro PM me the info and I'll get it moving. I have 3 - Maxi-Jet 1000's and 2 - Maxi-Jet 900's How many do you need and what model to you want. I'll sanitize it thoroughly b4 sending and you can re-sanitize there for maximum cleansing :). Let's Get'er'done!!! No funds required. I was gonna offer GWE one too but he needed a smaller one I think. Either way man lets get rolling :).

Keep in mind that if you are going to veg for a bit for size then keep the plants at 1 square feet per plant. Trust me they'll love flooding and they'll be squaters..

green_thumb...

Veteran
Anytime bro!! You fucking ROCKED it b4 as well so I'd like to see some GreenThumb magic :). GWE and BigGreen are doing it hard core so me and you are gonna be lagging but we're all gonna be toking soon with fat pockets and fat means ;).

I actually use the EXACT same pots lol.. I have 125 of them I copped on ebay for 10 bucks lol. I have the 5"square by 7"tall. If you're starting from jiffy cubes then you'll set the flood for once every 4 hours to start. You want the roots to LOOK for the juice :). Once you see a little root sticking out the bottom then we go once every 2 hours and we'll stay here till we get to bloom :)

LoL @ funds. We're growers bro PM me the info and I'll get it moving. I have 3 - Maxi-Jet 1000's and 2 - Maxi-Jet 900's How many do you need and what model to you want. I'll sanitize it thoroughly b4 sending and you can re-sanitize there for maximum cleansing :). Let's Get'er'done!!! No funds required. I was gonna offer GWE one too but he needed a smaller one I think. Either way man lets get rolling :).

Keep in mind that if you are going to veg for a bit for size then keep the plants at 1 square feet per plant. Trust me they'll love flooding and they'll be squaters..

man your a cool ass dude!!

so yeah,the cuts will be going from aero cloner to the hydroton then with only 12 plants in a 2x4 tray how long should i veg? i was only plannin on 2weeks or so.

k so i should run it on every 2hrs? and on just enough to flood?

green_thumb...

Veteran
well heres the tray sorta set up.
SU1HMDE3MDcuanBn.jpg

I sold that green rez with the 9 bucket set up so i got 2 32gal tubs im gonna sorta connect via 3/4" vinyl tubing,the tubs wont be full maybe about 2/3 the way so itl only be a total of like 35-40 gallons for the rez and i have a float valve and a 1/4" line runnin thru the wall from a 38 gallon fresh RO storage tank so hands free top off.

so i had a few Q's:
1. could i possibly hit 1+# off this 2x4 tray with 12 plants under 2k hps and 2 weeks veg?

2. if not would i either have to up the plant count or veg longer?

3.wich would get me closer to a # ? a SOG or 12 scrogged in a 4x4 screen?

like i said before im a total newb to E&F so any help is needed.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
well heres the tray sorta set up.
SU1HMDE3MDcuanBn.jpg

I sold that green rez with the 9 bucket set up so i got 2 32gal tubs im gonna sorta connect via 3/4" vinyl tubing,the tubs wont be full maybe about 2/3 the way so itl only be a total of like 35-40 gallons for the rez and i have a float valve and a 1/4" line runnin thru the wall from a 38 gallon fresh RO storage tank so hands free top off.

so i had a few Q's:
1. could i possibly hit 1+# off this 2x4 tray with 12 plants under 2k hps and 2 weeks veg? Yes-I hit 11oz right from potting mix with 9 plants in a 3x3 (9SqFt) You'll be using 2x4 (8SqFt) Hydro trumps soil or potting mix every time! 2 weeks veg in a 2x8 is going to get bushy fast :). Veg only till you see all the plants touching each other then flip 'em. Pinch bro :)

2. if not would i either have to up the plant count or veg longer? Leave your plant count as is and veg longer :)

3.wich would get me closer to a # ? a SOG or 12 scrogged in a 4x4 screen?Scrogging is neat and uniform but SOG will render better weight. Scrogging will play to your benefit but if you sog then you can pull what finishes faster first and immediately replace that with another plant from veg.The reason SOG is better is because you may want to switch plants around to different spots as they grow for maximum control. Go SOG. It'll look messy at the end with all the ties for weight but you will be happy my friend. Also with 2K they will be stocky and short. Please pinch on the 3rd to 4th internode and higher - You will love the monsters you will have. They'll look like midget body builders.

like i said before im a total newb to E&F so any help is needed.You have the best site to guide and help brother :)

Going from straight aero to hydroton is the way to go. No worrying about the jiffy cube staying wet. You can start on a 3 hour interval if they have small roots. This causes them to grow longer in search for more food. If the roots are pretty well established then go for the 2 hour interval off 15minutes.

I had my monster stalks on a one hour interval before in the last grow. They were thick as fuck and they would eat 5 gallons from my rez every 2 days like this near the end. But you can safely start with every 2 hours if you're going straight roots to hydroton.

BigGreen

Veteran
I ran a 2x4 tray ebb&flo with a 600 watt on a mover and I hit 1.25-1.5 a few times. You dont need 2k its over kill. If you can get your hands on a mover youll be golden. I bet you could pull 2#s with the right strain. I ran it with 8 plants if I remember right and I only vegged for like 2 weeks. 12 plants will work out perfect for you the less veg the better.
Im about to hook up my tray again for mother plants because it simplicity.
Good luck bro
BG

green_thumb...

Veteran
I ran a 2x4 tray ebb&flo with a 600 watt on a mover and I hit 1.25-1.5 a few times. You dont need 2k its over kill. If you can get your hands on a mover youll be golden. I bet you could pull 2#s with the right strain. I ran it with 8 plants if I remember right and I only vegged for like 2 weeks. 12 plants will work out perfect for you the less veg the better.
Im about to hook up my tray again for mother plants because it simplicity.
Good luck bro
BG

so you think 2k over 12 lvpk's would get 2#? man i cant wait to get this shit growin already...

green_thumb...

Veteran
Going from straight aero to hydroton is the way to go. No worrying about the jiffy cube staying wet. You can start on a 3 hour interval if they have small roots. This causes them to grow longer in search for more food. If the roots are pretty well established then go for the 2 hour interval off 15minutes.

I had my monster stalks on a one hour interval before in the last grow. They were thick as fuck and they would eat 5 gallons from my rez every 2 days like this near the end. But you can safely start with every 2 hours if you're going straight roots to hydroton.

thanks bro,i'll stick with 12 then and veg for 7-10 days then.

I'll most likely get it up and growing after i get back from cali the 28th.

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
Hey green, since we're going to be practically neighbors I thought I'd stop by and see what you're up to. Looks great so far. Oh and holy shit mister, you've had some drama lately. Congrats on the bambino. I'm subscribed. Grow safe

green_thumb...

Veteran
2k 2#s easily done. Thats the least you will get

Well actually my plan evolved overnight,some of my old equepment was recovered so I'll be running 4 lvpk in rdwc under 1k some in smart pots of coco under 600w and 12 mystry kush haze in the E&F tray under 1k so I'm hopin to see 3+ # this next rum.

Latest posts

Latest posts