What's new

2.5x1.8 meter coco scrog, 3 strain bingo!!

Tokesome

The screen is nearly full. I have a hole cut out in an area at the back of the screen big enough for me to be able to crawl there and stand up through it so that I can tend the middle rear of the screen. The plants are already encroaching on that space< I`ll be training some of the big shoots there back towards the plants.

On this pic you can see the hole in the screen that I`m referring to right at the back. You can see quite a large area of screen at the front of the pic that has not filled out, this is due in part to the light falling off here (something I must address in the next day or so), and in part to the nearest plant on the left is the Big Bud that`s the only runt of the litter.

IMG_2219_4_1.jpg

I`ve got the three rows of 5 plants and in this pic you can see there is very little more filling out required in the other gap between the rows.

IMG_2220_5_1.jpg

And one of the whole screen from one corner. Its coming together here.

IMG_2222_7_1.jpg

I`ve pruned the 4 plants I`m going to flower at the side of the screen I want to keep them as compact and low maintenance as possible. I have a 3 feet wide gap down the right hand side of the screen that I can use up with them, but need them to be mobile enough for me to move when needing to get to the right hand side of the screen to tend it. I`m thinking of raising them off the floor so that the top flowering section of the plants are just above the screen. I`m going to automate the feeding of the scrog plants in the next week or so and cant realistically hook these 4 plants up to it, but I do need to be able to leave them for 3-4 days untended. So I`m thinking of having each of the 4 plants sitting raised up in a washing up bowl. The bowls I will fill to the required level for the plants needs and simply put a wick from the pot dangling into the nutrients and leave them to draw what they need to feed themselves.

I`ve read a few threads where people feed their plants this way, its so simple an as long as you get the nutrients dialled in for the plants and pay attention to cleanliness its also pretty fool proof.

I`m trying to think of a way that I can have these washing up tubs full of nutrients with a plant sat raised up in it, safely raised up to the required level for the flowering heads to be above the the screen height. The last thing I want to be doing is knocling a plant over when it`s 3 feet above the ground, nor do I want to have to clear up a tub or 2 of nutrient solution up (and risk electrics getting wet!!) because I accidentally knock into them or something.

I`ve pruned these 4 plants that are not involved in the scrog. I`ve been quite heavy handed and done this in one go, they`ll give me an idea of how the main scrog plants will respond to the pruning they`re going to have to have, though I`ll be taking a much more of a "bit at a time" approach to the main crop.

Here are the 3 Armageddon that I put to flower under the 200w envirolight on the 1st of May. They dont look like they`ve been under 12/12 for that long though, I think the enviro is a bit on the blue side and is only 200w. Now they`ve been under HPS a few days, they should get going.

IMG_2218_3_1.jpg

This is the BB that was really struggling with the Mg def, she`s looking happy again now, well at least she was until I cut all of the lower limbs of in one go a few hours ago! I think she`ll get over it pretty quickly though, as I said the health of the plant is good again, as are the two BB`s in the scrog.

IMG_2223_8_1.jpg

You can still see a little bit of the Mg def showing in one or two of the older leaves, but the affected leaves have regained a lot of their colour. I`ll spray the BB with Epsom salts solution in the next couple of days.

I`ve lowered my res ec to ec1.0 due to some tip burn showing on a small number of plants, just waiting to see if it clears up, and whether the GF`s and BB`s show any signs of being underfed.

Pruning the main crop is the priority over the next couple of weeks and establishing which 60 flowering tops per meter are going to stay for the show.:)

Cheers, Toke. :D

Tokesome

Ok I`ve been shopping, instead of the washing up bowl idea for the extra plants and then trying to find a safe way of raising them to the required height, I`ve bought some storage boxes, with a clever split lid that will allow any spillage etc flow into the box, not over the edge.

They should be perfect. They`re 16 inches high and the screen is set at 29 inches from the floor. Add the plant pot and bare stalk at the bottom of the plants and it leaves the flowering section of the plant just above the screen. I intend cutting a hole beneath the plant pots (2 to each storage container) for a wick to run from the plant pot to the nutrient solution in the storage box.

There you have it, self contained wicking set-up.

Does anyone see any problems with that, ie. will the nutrients travel up the wick 16inches ok. Also not sure what size wick I need for each pot?

Also not sure if I feed at the same strength for a wicking set-up as I do from hand or auto feeding from the top? They`re in 7 litre pots at the mo, and will probably stay in them for the grow, unlike the scrogged plants, they`re in 12-14 liter pots. These additional plants, I hope to keep quite small and compact, if they start to stretch too much I`ll keep tying them down or find a way of lowering the plants into down into the storage boxes to accommodate them. Its going to be enough to maintain the scrog, but I cant bear to ditch 4 plants that can fit in, so I need to make these as low level work as possible. I`m not over fussy about yield from these 4, they`re not going to be getting any priority as far as lighting is concerned.

Things I`ve got to look into, or maybe seek some advice from the grow room design and equip forum.

I`ll hopefully get these in place tonight or tmro, I have cuttings to take and some pruning to get on with for now though. I`ll pop some pics up when I`ve sorted them out.

I`m going to have a go at cloning into seedling trays filled with Rhizotonic pre soaked coco in a standard Stewart prop box.

Cheers, Toke

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
sometimes you just gotta cough to get off.
Lol! Ain't that the truth...

Everything is on the up and up in your garden mate, seems all the bullshit is behind u. Nice to see a happy garden with a happy gardener! How old is the big bud clone? Maybe it's just a little tired, clones of clones of clones of clones can get this way :D

The screen is looking good, getting those heads poppin through everywhere! Looks like your onto something this run :)

Tokesome

Lol! Ain't that the truth...

Everything is on the up and up in your garden mate, seems all the bullshit is behind u. Nice to see a happy garden with a happy gardener! How old is the big bud clone? Maybe it's just a little tired, clones of clones of clones of clones can get this way :D

The screen is looking good, getting those heads poppin through everywhere! Looks like your onto something this run :)

Pissed off stupid dickhead of a gardener is what I am right now. I just flooded my room, water coming through the light socket of the room below too. Just had a couple of mates rush over to help the clean up. Luckily I caught it before it got too bad. One set of electrics that I stupidly had on the floor still are soaked, this feeds air movement fans and the cloning cupboard light.

I needed to have a sort out in the room to fit the "gang of 4", the 3 Arma`s and the BB, so not too much hassle.

I was topping the res up with tap water and forgot for 15 mins.

Hey Shhh, The Big Bud is only 3rd generation, but the plant I took them from had been neglected quite badly and may have affected the health of this line, but to be honest the other 2 BB are looking good, just the one runt. I`ve taken cuts from the best one and will give her another try if it does ok and the smoke is good, I think the Calmax overload was responsible for the lockout of Mg.

Right I`d better finish clearing up, and take the cuttings and then get on with some pruning.

Cheers for now, Toke:)

Tokesome

Fuck`s sake, I`m fed up of typing posts out and then losing them because I need to log in again, WTF`s that about??

Grrrrr, Toke

Tokesome

tip burn on some plants, low ec figures.

tip burn on some plants, low ec figures.

Right I`ll be sure to copy this post before I hit the submit button.

Take a look at these two pics. Its the Armageddon, some of them as I said are suffering from tip burn.

IMG_2243_1_1.jpg

IMG_2246_2_1.jpg

Its confusing the hell out of me. The Armageddon are the two outside rows under the scrog, the GF`1s being in the middle. The left hand row, which had the metal Halide light over them until a few days ago, doesn`t seem to be affected, but the ones on the right are largely affected, these have been under the HPS throughout the grow. That is the only difference I can come up with, they`re being fed the same amount from the same res. I`ve dropped the EC down from ec1,2 to ec1.0 but its still appearing in new growth. I`m finding it hard to believe I`m feeding too strong as the ones on the left are not affected, nor are the 3 Armas that are now placed to the side of the screen with the extra BB, nor is the mother plant that is being fed from the same res and under the 200w envirolight. The Grapefruit and BB`s are not affected at all.

I`m thinking one possibility is that the plants need more regular feeds and could possibly be drying out too much in between their daily feeds, I doubt it, but the plants are more vigorous by far than the plants that have been under the MH light, and of course the extra`s, so there demands could be higher.

This makes me wonder if the wicks I have for extra drainage are a bit too efficient. I think I`ll pull a couple of wicks from the plants in the affected row and see if I notice a difference. I`ve upped the feeding of all plants to twice a day now, I`ll be glad when I fit the auto feeding system next week.

Any ideas guys??

Anyway I`ve pruned the lower sections of the plants, I hope I haven`t been too heavy handed, I did leave some of the lower leafs on the plants. I`ll leave it a good couple of days to get over it before I start taking out the unwanted tops.

IMG_2234_9_1.jpg

I took another 20 cuttings, 10 Armas and 10 Grapefruits, just as an experiment really. I already have 30 labeled cuttings in jiffy pucks in a stewart prop box. With these I`m trying in 40x seedling trays spaced one square apart, in coco pre soaked in a Rhizotonic solution. I usually get 100% root up in jiffy`s so it`ll be interesting to see how these do. The next project will be a homemade bubbler cloner.

IMG_2237_1_13_1.jpg

IMG_2240_16_1.jpg

The gang of 4 are now in their new place in the room, to the right of the screen (along side the ones with tip burn) I haven`t set up a wick feeding system for these plants yet, but I will when I get the others on auto feeding next week. At the moment the run off from hand feeding conveniently runs through the split/folding lids.

IMG_2226_1_1.jpg

IMG_2229_4_1.jpg

Here is the whole screen, you can see the gang of 4 at the far end of the screen.

IMG_2231_6_1.jpg

The screen is difficult to keep flat and its lifting up particularly in the middle due to the plants pushing up against it. This is one problem with having such a big screen. I`ve tied the screen down to the pots in numerous places to try and control this.

My main concern of course is the tip burn on this one row of plants. I`m hoping that feeding twice a day will improve things and then I may be able to increase the ec a little, especially as the GF`s and BB`s are going to be fed from the same res, not ideal.

Cheers for now, Toke:)

rocket high

Veteran
hey ts that is weird that the arma's have got tip burn ... very strange indeed
Scrogger might have a answer to it

i see you had a flood ... three years ago i done the same exept mine was a design flaw(diy)
my pump managed to empty 80 liters into my bedroom luckly half the room was carpeted so it soaked half of it up. But it was panic stations (towels every where ) see i live in a apartment so i shat myself .. but it didnt make it down stairs thank god... keep up the good work :tiphat:

Scrogerman

Veteran
First thought buddy, was that the Arma's are feeding & drinking more heavily than the others causing your EC to shoot up in the pot/medium,are they drying out faster or are you not letting the medium dry at all, there's one possible cause anyway! The Leaves twisting are another indication of a problem, with the tips sindging. I'll think on it man!

Tokesome

Hey Rocket, it seems that I like to keep to a tight schedule of flooding my whole room once a year:) Last time was worse, I did it 4 hours before going on a driving touring holiday through Europe!!

Hey Scroger, that`s what I was thinking. It seems strange that the one row is affected and not the other. The plants are needing more as the plants are more vigorous here than in the row that`d been under the MH light or the extra`s and mother plant.

I dont let them go dry, but not sure they`re being kept wet enough, especially with the wick drainage too. I`m gonna feed twice daily and see how it goes, but if you have any other suggestions, please fire away. I`ve asked Bonecarver if he`d pop in here and take a quick look, hope he has time, I know he`s very busy. He knows the coco really well and hopefully he`ll see what`s happening here.

Cheers Toke

Scrogerman

Veteran
I was at my local garden centre the other day, & they had these cheapo looking water dry indicators, well i just thought that if you get some of those it may well indicate or at least help indicate that this drying out of the armas is occuring. Just a thought but if you could tell what going on inside the medium/pot & if they are drying out quicker, you may be better to give a diagnosys, justa thought. they were like little strips made of a plastic type substance with a picture of a watering can on then & they change colour as the medium drys out, i thought they may help with this one. Maybe not though i doubt they would be accurate enough but just a thought!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Greetz Tokesome

it's looking good in there man, just read my way through all your posts in this thread lol. i'm glad to see things got sorted out in the end. i was thinking i bet once flowering things will be better. although the canna coco a+b is for both veg and flowering, i think it was made with sea of green grows in mind that don't have long veg phases.

also worth considering is that you are using a very low dose of ferts, as we can see the plants have gotten used to it and are doing ok anyway. but using such a low dose might mean one or 2 components are not available in the right amounts. although in general i totally agree less is better then too much.

if you feel one or the other strain can use more ferts, you should just make a bucket or watering can up with a bit more once in a while and give it to them on top the normal watering, or instead by hand.

last but not least the additives, canna coco A+B is actually a complete nutrient, as you are using ro water it is wise to add a few trace elements and cal mag, but only once in a while, not all the time. what will also help to make everything available to the plants is letting the ph drift a bit, i.e. set it to 5.7 in the tank and let it drift up to 6.1 different nutrients are taken up at different speeds at different ph levels.

anyway i wouldn't worry too much, looks like you are on the right track, just listen to your plants and up the ec a bit if they look too light green, specially the first 3 weeks of 12/12 they seem to suck up those nutrients.

:wave:

Tokesome

Hey Gaius, welcome, and thanks for your views.

Yeah, I know the things you mean scrog, but I reckon it`d prob have to be more extreme than here. I can still feel some moisture in the pots, they never actually dry out, but it may not be enough for their demands, and how dry does it have to get to start to concentrate the nutrient strength in the pots, I`ve no idea, it`d depend on the what the plant is uptaking I guess, which will change through the grow, but I cant really see why the tips would show signs of burn in these plants and not to the smaller extra`s I have in the room or the mother in the cloning cupboard, being fed the same nutes but with lesser requirements, that doesn`t really make sense??

As far as my sometimes seemingly limited growing logic, tells me that this is the obvious deduction. I`m going with feeding twice daily and see what difference it makes. I`d be keen to raise the nutrient strength to at least 1.2, maybe 1,4 if I find the tip burn is down to the pots drying out too much.

I`m thinking the same as Gaius`, I`d expect the plants to have a little higher requirement in the first 3 weeks of flower, and the new growth is very light in colour. I`m hoping for good results from upping the feeding to twice a day, and then up the feed strength, fingers crossed, that`s going to be the answer here. The plants in the growtents are suffering from tip burn too and been fed with ec1.2 once a day. I noticed one, the larger plant started showing it first, which would also make sense that the bigger the plants the greater its demands in respect of nutrient strength, not the opposite as is found here, so I`m feeling stronger about them needing more regular feedings. I`m also thinking the colour of fresh growth is far too light too. I`ll try and take a photo at lights off that shows this accurately, its difficult to get it exact on a photo, but I`ll do what I can.

As I said the Grapefruit and BB`s are showing no sign`s of tip burn. The BB`s are showing slight Mg def symptoms, I`m going to foliar feed Epsom salts again in the next couple of days.

I was hoping to dial these in a little easier than this, I`m obviously not getting things quite right yet. I`m not sure if I`d go with different strains under the same screen in future, One strain would be a bit easier to nail down, but I feel if I can get on top of this tip burn and get the adjustment right to give them what they need, I`d be getting pretty close to it.

Not that I`m moaning, I took it on and made my bed so to speak. I`m pinning my hopes on the extra feeding to clear this problem up, it seems the obvious when I look at it with my perspective, lol:D.

I`m off to do a bit more training then give em another feed.The plants are really stertching, particularly the Grape fruit, but the Arma`s are stretching a lot too, they`re getting woodier too now, making them harder to move without the risk of stems snapping.

Cheers guys, Toke:tiphat:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i would back right off with the epsom salts for now, you don't really want to spary them during flowering period anyway and they shouldn't need it specially not with the other stuff you add to the a+b. when in doubt go back to basics; a+b and what ever you need to correct the ph. the newest growth is always a bit lighter in color then the older, but if it's too light that's a very clear sign that they need more nutrients. even if you give low nute levels over a longer period you still have to check once in a while what kind of ec level water is coming out again. it doesn't matter if its higher then what you are giving, but it shouldn't be too high either.

Tokesome

i would back right off with the epsom salts for now, you don't really want to spary them during flowering period anyway and they shouldn't need it specially not with the other stuff you add to the a+b. when in doubt go back to basics; a+b and what ever you need to correct the ph. the newest growth is always a bit lighter in color then the older, but if it's too light that's a very clear sign that they need more nutrients. even if you give low nute levels over a longer period you still have to check once in a while what kind of ec level water is coming out again. it doesn't matter if its higher then what you are giving, but it shouldn't be too high either.

Yeah, thanks mate. I`ve been mixing my RO water with tap water to give me ec0.2 for a while now and been leaving the Calmax out of the equation and as you suggest I`ve made it simple with water, A+B and ph down to adjust to 5.8-6.0.

Tonight I added about 15mls of calmax to 90ltrs(!) res just cos the tap water mix hadn`t quite made the ec0.2 mark.

My understanding is that the plants may need more Mg up until the 3rd week of 12/12, is this wrong mate, please tell me if so. The Epsom folliar feed worked a treat when showing signs of deficiency, Only the 3 Big Bud plants are showing any deficiency now, and though its not too bad, I can see its getting slightly worse. It looks like they need a spraying to me.

My main concern is tackling the problem of the tip burn mate, and then I`ll up the nute strength a little, I think I`d be foolish to add any ec until I`ve established what is causing that. At the same time I dont wanna hold em back when they need it at this stage of flowering and for the next couple of weeks, so I hope to see the difference quickly with feeding more frequently.

I`ve mixed up another res of ec1.0 @ ph5.8 and will feed this for the next day or so and see how it goes.

As I go to feed them now, an hour before lights off, the wicks at the bottom of the pots are wet as I`d expect, but left another 14-15 hours is probably a bit much for them. I`ll collect some run off today and run some checks and report back.

Cheers, Toke :)

Tokesome

Right, well ok I know that the run off readings from coco are unreliable but two Armageddons sat next to each other in the middle of the row and looking equal in health and vigour have wildly different ec readings.

I took run off readings from both, one read ec1.1 and ph5.9, pretty much what is being fed to them, but the other was ec0.4!!! the ph was fine at 5.9.

Tell me what I can make of that information??

Hey Gaius` I dont have the opportunity for ph to drift as I feed drain to waste, so they get a constant 5.8-6.0. I gather this is the best way with coco ;-)

I actually think I can see a difference already and things look to have improved.:) Here are some pics of a selection of tops.

IMG_2248_1_1.jpg

IMG_2249_2_1.jpg

IMG_2250_3_1.jpg

IMG_2251_4_1.jpg

IMG_2252_5_1.jpg

IMG_2254_6_1.jpg

I`ll try upping the nutrient strength after the next res, and I may try it on a couple of the plants from tmro, the handy thing with hand watering.

Cheers, Toke

Tokesome

No change here, feeding 2ltrs to each pot twice a day @ ec1.0 ph 5.8.

This is the worst affected head as far as tip burn is concerned, so I`ll keep a close focus on this one and it should give me an idea if things are actually improving. I know the tips, once burnt, stay burnt, but as new leaves are produced they should be burn free if all is ok again.

IMG_2256_1_1.jpg

This is 2 thirds of the screen, its got fairly even distribution and coverage. I might have trained slightly better in respect of bringing tops back into the middle of plants, but hopefully I`ll get a fairly even spread of tops.

IMG_2258_3_1.jpg

This is the other 3rd, it hasn`t cot full coverage as you can see, the nearest plant in this row is Big Bud and a bit of a runt.

IMG_2259_4_1.jpg

I`ve about gone as far as I want to with training. The armageddon is getting really quite woody now and I snapped a couple of decent tops trying to move them today.

The main task I really need to get on with is removing the excess, unwanted tops, I still have`nt gotten around to this task.

I`ll be making a start tmro though and counting out and selecting, the best I can, 60 tops per m2. I`m hoping to get this job done and up to date within 3 days.

Toke:)

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey Toke!
That ScrOG looks really good brother! Id be pleased with that effort man. It has nice healthy green shades throughout & they seem to be happy from this side of the fence, nice-work man.
Are you tucking the larger leaves much or are you taking the photo's before you commence the work of tucking. I dont see that many exposed tops/shoots & for me its pretty important to help keep an even canopy. If you dont tuck and leave many shaded out the ones in the light are gonna stretch out & your gonna struggle to keep things level, im sure you Tuck, i was just mentioning that point man! Its a PITA with Big Screens, but it's a must imo, I fully admit being Anal as fuck and my buddys acuse me of having OCD' but i think that aint such a bad condition to have being a Scrogger! LOL:)
Oh yeah, another thought as i was reading back through your thread ol buddy was irrigation cycles in automated Coco systems, it came to mind that if you were on a dripper that would be on a 3 or 4, '15 minute drip cycles per day, OK with 10-15% run-off, its all pretty normal stuff i thought, but then it occured to me that you were only giving One irrigation per day, so compared to an automated system this manual system you have been using may very well have contributed to EC raising in your medium, i think now you have it on 2 irrigations per day things will improve for you. What do you make of what ive just said man, have i got that right or am i mistaken, i was listening to Guis on another thread & he pointed out that in his experience that Coco performs better with an Automated irrigations regime compared to manual & he stated that plants seemed to be much healthier/Greener & there was less yellowing etc, maybe he can shed some light on what i'm saying, i thought what he was saying in the other thread on Coco was very interesting & valid to whats going on here in your grow bro! Anyway I think things look pretty fukin Mustard man so keep at it bro! The works paying off. Good Luck Bro...
Peace..& Respect.................Scroger! ;)

Tokesome

Hey Toke!
That ScrOG looks really good brother! Id be pleased with that effort man. It has nice healthy green shades throughout & they seem to be happy from this side of the fence, nice-work man.
Are you tucking the larger leaves much or are you taking the photo's before you commence the work of tucking. I dont see that many exposed tops/shoots & for me its pretty important to help keep an even canopy. If you dont tuck and leave many shaded out the ones in the light are gonna stretch out & your gonna struggle to keep things level, im sure you Tuck, i was just mentioning that point man! Its a PITA with Big Screens, but it's a must imo, I fully admit being Anal as fuck and my buddys acuse me of having OCD' but i think that aint such a bad condition to have being a Scrogger! LOL:)
Oh yeah, another thought as i was reading back through your thread ol buddy was irrigation cycles in automated Coco systems, it came to mind that if you were on a dripper that would be on a 3 or 4, '15 minute drip cycles per day, OK with 10-15% run-off, its all pretty normal stuff i thought, but then it occured to me that you were only giving One irrigation per day, so compared to an automated system this manual system you have been using may very well have contributed to EC raising in your medium, i think now you have it on 2 irrigations per day things will improve for you. What do you make of what ive just said man, have i got that right or am i mistaken, i was listening to Guis on another thread & he pointed out that in his experience that Coco performs better with an Automated irrigations regime compared to manual & he stated that plants seemed to be much healthier/Greener & there was less yellowing etc, maybe he can shed some light on what i'm saying, i thought what he was saying in the other thread on Coco was very interesting & valid to whats going on here in your grow bro! Anyway I think things look pretty fukin Mustard man so keep at it bro! The works paying off. Good Luck Bro...
Peace..& Respect.................Scroger! ;)

Hey Scrog, I love the way you gather bits from different places and come up with useful information, thanks bud.

My experience used to tell me to auto feed coco 4 times a day, but then things happened to make me realise that some plants have different requirements. Like the Cheese strain I was struggling with would and did drown them selves in it and have no roots to speak of in the bottom 3rd of the pots, but prior to that yep I`d feed more frequently for sure. Its taking me a while to re adjust from that strain, I think it was pretty tired in its genetics.

I plan on setting up an auto feed system for mine next week. I`ve been mulling over how to go about it as I want just one loop from the pump to achieve as equal amounts of feed to each pot. My original thoughts were going along the lines of a large figure of 8 tubing so that it goes around the 3 tanks, but I`ve sensibly changed my mind on this and now going to opt for a smaller loop of tubing that will just fit around the centre tank. Form this I`ll run the thinner feed tubes all in equal lengths to run to the two outside tanks as well as the centre one. It should be quite an easy set up to make and I may be able to keep the tubing confined to sit in the top of the middle tray thus being safer should it spring a leak. I can then have flexible tube run from the res (flexiblle so that I can move it to run from either res). I may possibly put two feeding loops around the middle tank so that I can have two res to pump from at once. This would have two advantages in that I can set them to come on alternately (great if one pump goes up the Swannie) and it means I can leave the grow for 3-5 days if necessary without getting a mate to come and switch em over.

I`m going to set up the auto system for the grow tents this weekend hopefully, though the priority is to get pruning out excess tops.

Hey Scrog, re folding, yeah I`m doing some, probably not as much as your anal self, lol. The Armas wont be too difficult to select tops from, the flowers starting to show on the tops and the stronger ones are more identifiable, but man the Grapefruit is one stretchy mutha, loads of very spindley shoots, fooking stacks of them and many of them come right from the bottom and shoot straight through the main canopy and stretching higher than the main ones before putting their first twin leaf set out, I think the term for thes is pistol whips, I`m not sure, but most of these will have to be removed. The Gf is slower to show the buds and thay`re sti;ll tiny every throughout the plants, so its harder to see the main tops for selection without following most of them back down the stem, and as I said, there`s shitloads of them, its gonna be some job.

I need to do the Arma`s first as they`re early finshers and are that bit ahead of the rest. The 4 Arma`s in the grow tent that have been going 7 weeks now are looking nearly ready, The tops will be removed this Sunday probably and the bottoms will be left on for another week or so as I didn`t do a good job of keeping it even. Its looking good, I`ll try and get a pic up this weekend.

Cheers Toke.:):)

Tokesome

Hey Sgrogger, Ok sarge` ready for inspection.:D

I`v been at it today, for hours! You were right there was definitely room for more leaf tucking. I`ve still got to get around to pruning out the excess tops, I removed a few today, just some obvious little ones as I went through the screen tucking leaves. Its back breaking work as the screen is 2.5mx1.8m and access is from 3 of the sides, along with a single hole, just big enough to crawl under and up through, in the screen between the left and middle rows to give me access to the stuff I cant reach from the sides. That still means leaning and bending over to reach most of the screen.

I trained a few more tops that I thought could stand it, and snapped a couple in the process too, though these were smallish ones that may have ended up being removed, sure got more than enough tops left, that`s for sure.

This row of Armageddon, except for the nearest, a B,Bud, I tucked first and by now its lifting its self to the light again.

IMG_2267_3_1.jpg

This row of Armageddon I did second and is righting itself too, though you can see that all of the tops are pretty much exposed to the light. Not bad overall spacing of the tops, though they still needs some tops removing.

IMG_2264_1_1.jpg

This row I`d just trained and tucked, its the Grapefruit, and just look at the spaghetti that`s going on here, just so many tops its hard to see where to start and what to remove. There is some obvious stuff to remove, thin small shoots, but the flowers are still hardly showing at what I think is day 16, of an estimated 63 days, of 12/12, so its not so easy to spot the dominant tops.

IMG_2265_2_1.jpg

So here are the same shots I put up yesterday, except this is after a heavy tuck and fold session.

IMG_2268_4_1.jpg

IMG_2270_5_1.jpg

Looking better Scrogger?:) Nah seriously though mate, thanks for the kick up the arse, I`ve been getting preoccupied with tip burn.

Speaking of which, I`ve done some run off tests on several plants. Quite a few plants including both the Arma`s and the Grapefruit have run off readings of 0.4 and 0.5, whilst oddly enough some of each strain have readings of pretty much the same as is being fed at the top. QUite a staggering difference, but not so sure that isn`t often the case, and can depend on the plants requirements on the day. It has been a couple of days running that the same results have come up. As a result I`ve upped the feed strength to ec 1.3, feeding twice a day. I then did the same run off tests, and those that that read 0.4 and 0.5 before now read ec0.6 and ec0.7, the ones that read ec 1.0 and 1.1 didn`t change after the stronger feed. Its hard to follow any sense from that, at least form how I see it, but with upping to 2 good run off feeds a day I think they`ll cope with ec 1.3 ok. I`ll run some more checks and will take the ec upto 1.4, with a rise to ec1.6 when PK13/14, so long as the plants take to it well. I`ll keep checking the run off strengths and make sure they dont go more than ec0.2 above what I`m feeding.

I`ll be well pleased when the Grapefruit stop stetching and can get the number of tops per m2 established. The temps may not be helping though, I1ve got canopy temps of 82-89f, even with my 10inch extractor. Its warming up right now here, but its still nowhere near as hot as its goin to be in a couple of months. The RH is running between 38 and 50%.

I`m toking on the damn finest BHO right now, :yummy:.

Its hard to believe that the Arma`s will be ready in just about 5 weeks, going on the growtent scrog, they might go a little longer though.

All the best for now, Toke:)