2,4kW cogr dtw, 8 strains #2

S

stony2

hi

2nd report on icmag

equipment:

homebox xxl (1,2 x 2,4m)
4x 600w HPS
1x 360m³/h exhaust fan (2x 360m³ in the last weeks of the grow to avoid budrot), 4x brons circulation fans (6x in the last weeks)
cogr slabs, drain to waste
canna cogr A+B, pk13/14, rhizo, cannazym
reverse osmosis (mixing it back with 10-20% normal water)
air pump, circulation pump
bluelab guardian EC & ph monitor, and hanna 98130 as backup and for measuring the drain
automatic watering system, drain to waste

this is the water/nutrient tank. i love it when it's freshly cleaned :). you can see the pump for the automatic watering system, the circulation pump, the air stone of the air pump, the line from the RO, and ph & EC probes:

bofqhtpyotup0usz1.jpg

vegetative grow day 1. strains are from left to right mandala #1, ak47 indica pheno, afghani delight, 8 miles high, l.a. confidential, special berry (actually a hashberry pheno), tiburon, medicine man:

bofql46h4aqk4x6b1.jpg

greetz,
stony

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
Lookin good man,I'll be tryin my first time with coco in a weerk or so,tasty strains ya got there also.

I'm subbed forsure...

S

stony2

heya green thumb. good to have you on board. looking forward to seeing your coco grow. good luck with that, and feel free to ask if you feel i can help you with something

vegi day 14:

bon2inyqpig7hnis0.jpg

i lost a week of growth simply because i set up a fresh nutrient solution with maybe a little too much rhizotonic (???). anyway after that the plants immediatly turned yellowish and only 2, 3 days ago from now began to recuperate. damn, cogr is such a sensitive substrate. this never ever happened to me on soil, and now i had it happen to me in 2 out of 5 grows on cogr

i may have to give them yet another week to 12/12 - will keep you updated

greetz
stony

H

hydroheinz

hey boy......hehe nice box and nice power from above....4x600 ! typical stony grow

viel erfolg .......grüße...heintje

fred b

whoa stony, I must have overlooked this somehow!

really nice setup and strains you got going there! I got the same pump, drippers and fans ;)

i am really looking forward to see 4x600watts on 2,8 squaremeters! hehe

I've got 2 questions tho :)
don't you have heat problems with just a 360m³/h and 2400watts or are you using cooltubes?
doesn't your ph in the rez raise with the airpump/airstone, I tried that before and had some ph fluctuations due to it?

bin jedenfalls dabei ;)

greets
fred b

S

stony2

hehe thanks guys.. no need to get too excited though i guess, with the strains im using this time this setup wont be fully exploited.. these arent plants with huge potential like double dutch, magic ice, hashberry, hessin, and the like

it's mostly indica this time, and from what ive seen so far most are slow growers. tomorrow is exactly week 3 / day 21 after i planted them, and also when i will change to 12/12. so this means update tomorrow

heinz: nice to see you here too. i like your current grow. it is imo quite improved over those we saw at the burg. your plants look very healthy

fred: i got the air pump running for half an hour every 2 hours. you're right, there can be some problems if you let it run all the time and with various water & fertilizer combinations there can obviously be some reactions. with this setup though and the amount of time i have the air pump running, i hardly have any problems. ph of the solution stablizes after 24 hours or less. and i measure that with a second ph meter at times just to make sure, so you can be sure this info is correct
nope dont got temperature problems. cannabis is a lot more resistent than most growers think, IF you let it get used to the conditions it's gonna grow in. in previous grows on this setup the plants were very healthy. i just dial back to 1200w in the first 1, 2 weeks after the clones have been planted. after that full power is no problem
the only problem is humidity at the end of the grow -> budrot. so there's a second 360m² fan lying ready to be used at the last ~3 weeks of the grow

greetz
stony

S

stony2

veg. day 21, flowering day 1:

bou77dvi8xcofvlcq.jpg

bou78e9ewrfe1xqe2.jpg

as you can see they've grown :rolleyes:. nearly all plants recuperated and are beginning to go strong now. usually i'd say they're already a little to big to initiate flowering on a system that can support fast growth like hydro with cogr, but i think most of them are very indica heavy and wont stretch much, and the other ones i'll just continue to cut back to create a canopy as even as possible

as you can see i included the lamps in the shot this time. those are poot HS-2000 with wide reflectors. 10 kilos each, but that's what quality weighs

EC is 0,9 (canna cogr vega fertilizer) and ph is 6,0. will slowly decrease the ph to 5,5 during the first 2, 3 flowering weeks

greetz
stony

S

stony2

flowering day 7:

bp1by5hs96puj5q3j.jpg

EC still at 0,9 - 1,0. ph still at 6,0, but next solution i'll mix is gonna have 5,8. then next time 5,6-5,7, then 5,5.. gotta get the ph down until the 4th flowering week or so because that's when the buds are beginning to really grow and they're gonna need more P and K and those are absorbed better at ph ~5,5

you can see i added two ventilation fans, making it 6 already. they have two stages and i run them at stage 1 now. when flowering day ~40 comes, when the buds are really gonna get dense, i'll switch to stage 2

net is already installed as well, at a height of ~50cm. so i hope they're gonna grow through the net 10-20cm which would result in a height of ~60-70cm, which is 40-50cm away from the lamps, which would be perfect

apart from that i guess there is not much to say, they are healthy and growing and drinking more every day

greetz
stony

S

stony2

flowering day 14:

bp8o7s3dnedowa9cw.jpg

they turned out to grow less than i expected, so we're at about 50cm average. it would be ideal if they grew another 10cm.. but i guess overall they will. canopy could be better, but is good enough

i increased EC to 1,0 to 1,2 to stimulate growth. ph is ~5,7

what i'm also doing the first time since i went to coco is the following:

http://666kb.com/i/bp8oa2823gutfzfts.jpg

im turning the oulets of the banks up so the coco practically soaks in its own juices. of course you got to make sure the banks dont overflow. im doing this because it basically flushes the coco and expands it. it's like in the beginning when you buffer it. the coco tends to become more dense with time because of all the water running through it from the top. so with this procedure i counter this

til in a week

greetz
stony

S

stony2

btw if you think your bluelab monitor does weird things, you may be right. had to reboot mine today because it continued to display ph 6,9 when it was already down at 3. lol

greetz
stony

Servus stony,

very vital green hurries there.

Can you say more to your flush method?

How often must one repeat this?

I see there HS2000, one of the best armatures one can buy for money.

If you still knows where you must buy them, they are cheaper like an AAW.

The Wide reflector has a perfect illumination

I keep the fingers crossed for you, that you harvest more like 1600 gs.

Liebe Grüße

S

stony2

today at day 17 when i opened the tent a sweet scent already hit me. they're developing fast now... 8 miles high already has resin on its upper leaves which smells of hash

thx noreason

amnesia: i will let them soak 3 times a grow or so. this isnt a necessary procedure, i think it just makes the cogr a little more airy and also helps to get rid of salts that built up in the cogr
yep the hs 2000 are great.. a bit heavy but reliable and very nice light distribution with the wide reflector
thank you and good luck with your grow

greetz
stony

S

stony2

flowering day 21:

bpeuqrvtwnp2h5bix.jpg

EC 1.0, ph 5.5

height is at 60cm average now which is perfect. will soon increase the EC a little

greetz
stony

fred b

hey stony! really nice progress, I think the canopy filled in pretty nice.
but somehow I have the feeling you got a little too much light on that space footage, as the ladies are stretching their leaves upwards so much almost folding them together. it's similiar to the eye, when you squeeze the eyelids when looking into too bright light.
but on the other hand they look healthy to me, so that might be subjective ;)

how much do you usually yield with your setup if I may ask ?

greets
fred b

howdy stony,

By you looks like from the egg peeled ;)

In winter is the temperature not so good and the klima, so i think you have to the end

1400-1800g. Your last run was 1600g i hope this one is 1800g

With the Hashberrys, you have the half rents in it ;)

Can make a smoke report for me plese

Wishes to you and your family contemplative Christmas and good holiday.

Best wishes