What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1toke's dual 400 HPS closet grow #6

G

Sleepy said:
sweet show, 1toke!!!

have you considered running the tubs 24/7??

looks good from here.

peace. :joint:

Hey Sleepy! Good to see ya. Thanks - it's great to have others with watchful eyes, sometimes you miss things because you're either too close to them every day or too busy to notice.

They're still on every hour for 15 mins - they've improved since advancing the times from 15 mins every 3 hours, I thought I'd see how they took to it and as they grow they'll need the frequency increased for more feeding I guess. Eventually I think they'll want 24/7 on the feed tubes. Noticed the new growth is healthy now - gonna have to get serious lights over them real soon.

Not much going on with the mom in the flower room - 7 weeks into it now and she's starting to set up her bud sites. The bubble cloner is doing it's job great. The beer cup sprouts didn't look so good today - I couldn't torture the poor babies any more and tranplanted into a tub. They are now 17 days old, beans were popped in peat pellets (plugs) and transplanted into beer cups and the big tub after 10 days of rooting in the peat. After a week in the cups they had to be transplanted - this time into a large black tub. If you are using the pot-to-pot-to-pot method now they would go into the next larger size pot (1-2 gal for some, 3-5 gal for others). Now we'll have to keep an eye out for problems caused by sprouting in peat pellets and beer cups, then transplanting. The big tub (25 gal) 4 sprouts didn't have to go through all this stress.

More on the grow as it happens.

issack

Veteran
Dude, you've been threw some shit man. hands down to ya. lookin like ur back on track, grow till you die man!!! Got my grow riped off once outdoors. i trusted someone as well but got fucked.........but i did get even.....:)

G

:wave: Hi Jen!
Thanks - awww, I bet ya say that to all the guys! :woohoo:

Good to see ya bartender! Thanks for checking on my modest grow. :wave:

Howdy issack! Hell, at 60 years of life U got to keep on keepin on! :pointlaug See ya in chat.

The beer cups were such a disaster that I decided to take stock and yank them. I don't know how you do it, those that use them - they make life so much harder. I guess if I used them all the time and nurtured them they may turn out a lot better, but for me the big tubs are the easiest and produce the thick stemmed healthy babies in the shortest time.

I did notice a problem with the reflectors - hot spots that seemed to burn a few leaf tips. So, with the beer cup tub gone I took the two 100w MH conversion hoods, and painted the reflectors with high-heat Titanium white and mounted them over the dual hydro tub experiment. The 100w HPS that was over the tub joined the 200w HPS over the babies in the 25 gals big tub. Total lights going now is 800w HPS in the flower room, 300w HPS over the vegging big tub, 200w MH over the dual hydro and 18w floro in the cloner cab for a grand total of 1300w.

I had to take stock in the number of plants that I had going and reduced it a lot - 8 plants left the beer cup experiment, and 6 clones were yanked leaving only 4 in the bubble cloner. So, now total plant count is 10 - 4 in the big tub, 2 in the dual hydro, 4 in the cloner and the mom in flower. It can't hurt to evaluate the grow once in a while, around here it makes a serious difference between a 10 plant civil infraction to a 4 year felony and $10,000. :yoinks:

And the law is a problem we don't want to deal with. :moon:

I'll finish up a few things and snap more pics tonight.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
1toke :wave:
I'm just a 8 steps behind you... :wink:

Wow, you have some serious lumens floating around! I like your empirical approach to your grow.

Congrats on the plant count... sometimes you just have to clear out some stuff... That reminds me, I gotta do the garage one of these weekends... If I haven't used it in 10 years, it's gonna go :biglaugh:

Looking forward to your pics... :wave:

G

:lurk: Hey Mr. GreenJeans! Just got back from your thread - sweet job - next grow we'll give LST a try, but past experience tells me that these girls won't like to be manhandled - they snap real easy. :dueling:

OK- continueing on from last post - the pics promised. I guess first the disasterous beer cup experiment results (I couldn't let them suffer any more, besides I had too many plants and not enough room). All the pics for comparison are taken at the same heigth and distance.

And the big tub:

The mom is really being a pain - had to top some of the best damn tops I've seen. :hotbounce
The canopy from below - hard to get any good shots, it's packed in there so tight.

G

Okay - then the dual hydro tub experiment - the happy couple, first the male:

And the female clone:

Next the bubble cloner is churning along just fine and doing it's job:

Enough for now - more updates as they get interesting, bud sites are still in early development, the big tub is ready to top and go into 12/12 and one rooted clone is standing by in the wings. About 52 days into flowering so far, only about 88 to go!

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
1toke :wave:

Thanks for the props - now some right back atcha! Really nice layout - hey, did I see these pics in Life Magazine? :biglaugh: Looking real nice, they're tucked in for the long haul, growin in style! Man, that is some can-o-pees on your mum! :yes: :yes:

dubmantx

Nice update man... Took me a while to digest it all.
That one is super stretchy! Looks like its healthy though.
That is impressive root growth for 4 days in your bubble cloner! Im definately going to make one of those. I have like 4 air pumps right now Im not using... Nothing to clone at the moment though.

Oh I have a ? about the tub with the mom and dad in it. How do you keep that male from polinating the other girls you have growing?

ehonda187

That bubble cloner works like a champ. It has impressive results. I grabbed the Idea from 1toke and it took me literally 5 minutes to make. :joint:
You sure got a lot of projects going on 1toke!!! no wonder why your never there when I talk to you in chat :chin:

G

Nice 1 toke
But Ehon took the words right out of my mouth... But i must say everything is a rockin.. be back soon.. peace..

Sack's First Outdoor Grow
New picz are up LQQK see... Now in 12/12

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

Neuronaut

Nice looking grow Toke. You got me craving some of that NH. Sounds like an amazing smoke. Keep up the good work man. See ya in chat.

G

Hey Ehonda - I guess if ya think about it, a perpetual needs growing happening in all stages. I need everything timed to the flower room finish - when they are done the vegging tub needs to go in while I harvest, and the sprouts go into veg, and new sprouts have to be started. Cloning appears to be the answer, but the only clone I took is in the hydro tub experiment and still flowering (never did revert to veg while settling in to the hydro). I was expecting them to return to veg before I could flower them but again this haze surprised me. :bat:

I don't do the couchlock tokes and the old Neville's charges the batteries and gets ya motivated. :woohoo:

Good to see ya sack! It's a struggle sometimes -you gotta love what you do. :wave:

Well, this thread was started in the Equipment and Designs forums because of all the experimenting with DIY hydro, tub sizes, and various methods of propogation. Unfortunately the 10 foot mom had to be topped and lost most of the choice bud sites. Then I discovered that she got pollenated in spite of all my efforts to segregate the male. I had the male in another room but in the same building - but central air defeated me by circulating the pollen throughout the entire house. So now I'm struggling to clean out all the pollen to ready the flower room for the next cycle - shit gets all over. :fsu:

Now that all the equipment is set up and operating fine I think maybe it's time to follow the seeded mom and chop this thread too, because she was the main focus of the thread and though it was fun to watch the growth and fight with her to keep her in the flower room (she did turn into a tree, didn't she!) her usefullness to me has come to an end. I have to call her a loss and chalk it up to learning - she did give me a small amount of smokeable buddage to get me through to a good harvest. I put up 9 mason jars from her but I think only 2 of them are worthy enough to offer to company, the rest I may consider binning for the hash stash - it may offer the familiar buzz but the smoke is rather mundane, not worthy of Neville's Haze bud. If I could have kept her from going to seed......

So now the 25 gal vegging tub is sexing in the flower room (started training and 12/12 from sprout and though growth is 3' the canopy is confined to 2'), the clone gal in the hydro tub is 3' tall and lanky as hell but well branched and will be interesting to see if she fills out and finishes, and a new batch of beans are cooking in another 25 gal tub (8 beans set, 2 popped in 2 days and I fucked one of them up - have a humidity dome over them and mist 2-3 a day). The lights for all of them are on 12/12 and hoping to sex the veg tub and cull, and start training. When the flower room is harvested they will be ready to pop in and new sprouts will take their place, then another tub of beans started and try to keep the cycle going.

So with that said I think this thread can be closed concluding the ten foot sativa a failure and from now on we yank all the pricks until we are ready to seed the whole property again. I have seeds from the first grow I'm calling F2's that I would like to grow out for F3's and back cross those with the F2's down the road and that will be another thread. I also have a thought about trying a cross with Apollo, I want to remain as close to the Neville's experience but arrive at a squat lower trait. I don't think a faster finish is possible with the Thai lineage but I can hope and either way we produce better bud than street schwag - so happy growing!

Time to continue the Neville's saga in the indoor soil forum. See ya in chat.
Let's see if we can get Bramski to move this thread over to Indoor Grows - Soil, if not let's close it and start a fresh thread continueing in that forum. See you there - long way to go to perfect perpetual Neville's!

Here's where the clone is in hydro:

Lanky bitch and slow recovery but healthy bud sites with excellent color.

And the vegging tub transferred into the flower room. 4 plants sexing:

dubmantx

good to see an update 1toke. Im starting up a mother clone cabinet and Im gonna use a bubble cloner thanks to your inspiration. Looks like things are still growin good for ya. Keep it up!

G

Forgot to complete the uploads and include them

Forgot to complete the uploads and include them

:woohoo: Discovered I fucked up the upload! :pointlaug

These finish showing the growth stage of the 4 in flower.

Hye dubmantx - good to see ya stop by. You should really like that bubble cloner - works for small personal grows like mine - a dozen cuts at most. Sure cuts down on the rooting time!

Hey Sleepy - gotta stop by your thread - been pretty scattered lately. :bat:

Howdy Jen! and Neuronaut, you'll like the cloner. Hey Strain! Will catch ya in chat!

Now to try to get hold of Bramski and see where we stand on moving this thread or continuing here.

Things are starting to jump - gotta keep on top of everything - only takes one day for a rogue male to fuck things up! :woohoo:

G

Well damn 1toke...no wonder I never seen your thread, ya got it hid all the way down here in the growroom design and equipment forum. Ya got some skillz there partner!!:respect:

( wanders off into the night lookin for a how to on shavin and scuffin beanz, turns and hollers back ) hey 1toke, you ever shave a bean man?

G

:wave: Hey stankbud - good to see ya, was wondering why you never stop by! You know me, always down in the dumpsters! :pointlaug

Yeah, I'll try to PM the mod and see if the thread can be moved. Until then, might as well update.

Continuing on the tub in the flower room has 3 females going strong - at 8 weeks now from sprout transplant. Been 12/12 right from bean.

And the hydro experiment is hanging in there - she's about 5' now at 11 weeks since cutting.

With the flower room at 8 weeks and nothing to veg yet I thought I better get some more beans going, have another 4 of the parent stock started in another 25 gal tub, same mix as the last tub now in flower. The bubble cloner is idle - thinking the sprouts should go into flower with the flower room a little better than halfway, then cuts could be started to go into the flower room as they finish, then the new sprout tub should be ready and so on. I have to figure out the timing yet - want to take a break for a few and don't want anything going when I'm gone for obvious reasons.

That's about it for now, nothing exciting until the flower room starts to fill in and the hydro fattens up. More pics as they get interesting.