What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1toke's dual 400 HPS closet grow #6

G

stankbud said:
That thing is a monster 1toke.....is she done stretching yet?

WOW!!

:wave: Hey stankbud, glad ya stopped by. Yeah, she's done stretching but she's still growing. I had to top her 3 times already when she hit the ceiling. The hydro is my nute experiment just fer shits 'n giggles. What better way to learn? :pointlaug

5 week update - camera experimenting. As usual click on the pic for close up. The last pic is the hydro experiment mom at 12 weeks.

hmhm- got alot more pics than I thought I took! :pointlaug

Continued....

G

Continued..

Continued..

And moving on with more pics, 5 weeks in flower, 12 weeks old from sprout, 12/12 light cycle from seed, no vegging period (they took a month to mature and show sex).

Nothing special about this shot - just thought it looked sexy as hell.

And a few normal shots, trying to capture the supercropping results as they grow. As the branches are bent over the bud sites reach for the light and fill in up to the main cola. As they fill in they appear to form a spiral around the branch to the cola tip.

Too many pics for your post. :pointlaug
Continued....

Last edited:
G

Continued, phase III

Continued, phase III

:wave: Continued with the pics

And the hydro experiment, topped about 4 times when she hits the ceiling.

That's it - enough pics??? :pointlaug

G

:wave: Alright, time for another update - another week, took more pics last night, let's see what we have at 6 weeks in flower, 13 weeks old

Last edited:
G

:joint: Well, looks like I may lose one plant - it's burnt pretty thorough. I mixed the nutes and fed them, forgetting to PH. Way too hot I guess, am flushing now - day 2 - but doesn't look promising. The other plant seems to be recovering. :bat:

Another experiment that failed quickly - I got to thinking about getting the roots to stretch to water and bottom watering, so I inserted one inch tubes (like wellheads) into two corners of the flower tub and watered through those. All looked good until I noticed white mold on the insides of the tubes, and yanked them out ASAP and as I was filling in the holes spiders scrambled out of the holes. Back to the drawing board. :chin:

So, two lessons learned: pay close attention to your nute mixing and don't fuck with the flower tub unless you want to risk them. :badday:

G

OK - pics 7 weeks into flower, got one of the nute burn that I'll have to chop - looks like I lose the plant. Also got fillial pics - beans from P1, F1xF1, F2, F3, and F2xF3. Thought it strange that they appeared different than the parent stock. Last pics are the trifoliar in veg a week on 12/12.

G

:wave: Hey hey. Had to take a break for the Cedar Point roadtrip. :pointlaug

Was gifted generously by a member at the "Mini-Cup" and they were added to the garden at first chance. I'll start seperate threads in the proper forums for each - my favorite, sage - sweet tooth #3 - and Johnny Blaze. All rooted clones, of course. First, the Sage:

And the Sweet Tooth #3

Johnny Blaze

More Neville's haze - this one's the trifoliar at 3 weeks

Last edited:
G

:wave: and back to the flower room at 10 weeks:

See ya in chat! Kudos and :respect: to baccas - Many many thanks bro - your generosity will enable new growers in m y area to experience these class act genetics. And to ShopVac, who had the balls to say "Fuck'n 'ey - ROADTRIP!" and drive cross country :pointlaug and actually get off the couch and do it. :woohoo:

Fuck the Man - they can't stop us all from meeting and certainly not growing and sharing! :moon:

Last edited:
G

October update

October update

:wave: Good morning all. :wave:

About time for an update, the flower room is at 11 weeks now, slow, slow, slow. :pointlaug

Well, to kill time and because of the new additions gifted to us, I expanded the grow with two new cabinets which I made from steel 2 x 4 x 8 shelving units. Now we have (besides the original flower closet) a new flower cabinet and a new cabinet with hydro in the lower half and clone/veg chamber in the top half. The new flower cab has 400w HID and the new clone/veg cab has HID/floro combination for the lower hydro section and 320w assorted spectrum floro ceiling in the top half veg chamber. The plan is to add two 1000's this month, they will go into the flower cabs, and the two existing 400's will go into the hydro chamber and the veg chamber.

Here's the Hydro/veg cabinet closed (cardboard is temporary - got white Marlite sheets to trim and install from a bathroom shower remodelling project). Talk about a packrat! :pointlaug I save everything!

And opened

The stud is taking off nice.

The new flower cabinet closed

And opened - that's the Neville's F4 trilfoliar, Sweet Tooth and Sage in there.

The original flower closet closed and sealed

The sprout/bubble cloner cabinet

The main lab bench table

The designated smoking area!

The Johnny Blaze clones in the main flower closet with the Neville's

They came with PM :yoinks: so the residue visible on the leaves is repeated foliar treatment with PH 8 mist. Looks like it may be dying off. :woohoo:

And the emergency exit!

More as I get the new 1000s hung, sage and sweet tooth #3 transplanted. Also have Marlite siding to apply (cardboard is temp until the big lights get here), and ventilation to get running fer those big boys! :woohoo: I'll update the thread with the DIY info on the cool tubes and hood construction, gettin pretty good at this DIY shit! :pointlaug

Last edited:

Sleepy

Veteran
Nice Work, 1Toke!!

Nice Work, 1Toke!!

Damn....someone's enjoying the hobby!! :yoinks:

and you are going to add some 1000 watters, too!!?? :yoinks: :yoinks: :yoinks:

soon, that whole room will be in use...hehe

looking forward to more updates, 1Toke.

will you be doing a separate thread for the johnny blaze??

peace.

G

Christmas and Sanity Clause

Christmas and Sanity Clause

:wave: Heya Sleepy! Good to see ya. :wave:

We know when ya tackle a strain like Neville's ya got a lot of time on yer hands! :pointlaug

Yup, the plan is to get everything all set up proper-like with the 1000 in the old flower closet, 1000 in the new flower cabinet, 400 in the hydro chamber and 400 along with the floro ceiling in the veg chamber.

The main event will be the Neville's as usual, and I'll start threads for the Johnny Blaze project. At the moment the male is vegging in the new chamber and the 2 females are flowering with the Neville's.

The Sweet Tooth #3 is in the new flower cab.

The 2 Sages are also in the new flower cab.

The Neville's F4 pheno trifoliar mom is also in the new flower cab.

The plan is to try to get the Sweet Tooth and Sage to veg for clones a while, and flower the Johnny Blazes, after the male matures seed the Johnny Blaze females for selection.

But we all know what happens to the best laid plans of mice and men! :pointlaug

Last edited:
G

WOW, I don't know how i miss this thread. I'll be back later on to read the whole thing. AWESOME job Toke You've really came up with a nice system.
Take care

G

:wave: Hey BG! Well, ya know us DIY guys are always tinkerin in the basement with the Equipment and Design! :pointlaug I meant to get the thread moved to the Grow section but it kinda got outta hand adding shit to it all the time. :laughing: Guess it's half right, half the thread is equipment and room design! :bat:

:wave: immortal! Good to see ya. Yeah, it keeps growing! :woohoo:
But, at least now I'll have a few interesting harvests of others to toss in between the Neville's harvest parties! :woohoo:

I'm looking at 180 days + fer the Neville's yet, 80 fer the Johnny Blaze (I think), and around 60 for the Sage and Sweet Tooth. Man, it's gonna be nice to harvest something every month! Hoping to pull enough clones to pass them around to those that can put 'em to good use, and hoping fer a good bean crop for future crossing and sharing!

Shit's really starting to get interesting now. :woohoo:

See y'all in chat! :lurk: :wave:

guineapig

Veteran
nice thread 1ttokeoverline!.....i love your posts and the DIY attitude....only by constructing a thing does one truly know a thing.....

by the by is that trifoliate plant an inbred characteristic? Will all seeds of that variety become trifoliate or is that more like an expceptional specimen......

holla if you need me and kind regards,
your pal guineapig

Jenna

1tokeOverLine said:
:

Yup, the plan is to get everything all set up proper-like with the 1000 in the old flower closet, 1000 in the new flower cabinet, 400 in the hydro chamber and 400 along with the floro ceiling inthe veg chamber.

Wow, I want what you are getting! Sounds awesome.

Neville's... what can I say? That big ole tree ya got going always makes me smile!

G

:wave: Good to see ya guineapig! :wave:
:chin: The trifoliar characteristically is a dominant hardy female I believe. This is the third one in 5 years or so, I've yet to be able to identify a pattern of traits other than superior potency. They appear to be hardier and more stress resistant, or forgiving, and the fastest growing- save the true haze finish time. They clone well, grow fast but still take forever to finish, and tho some just never do finish the trifoliars always do. Based on this rudimentary history I'm thinking these are the best candidates for moms, but they still have to prove themselves as true breeders in that they have the choicest dominant traits to pass on. I see beans of one of these in the future, but so far they've been so rare and caught me with my pants down - I haven't had the time nor resources to take one to seed. Hopefully I'll be able to catch one when all is right to do more with them, but I'm not a breeder and as a small personal grower harvests are number one concern sometimes.

:wave: Hi Jen! Glad ya could take a peek. The tree is fine as such - not much good for anything other than conversation. :pointlaug If she was outdoors I'd guess she'd be topping about 22 feet now - I've had to top her every month when she starts to crowd the ceiling. The trunk is a solid two inches with huge knobs and the rootball is comfortable in the 32 gal tub, not much root in the lava rock - most of it is down in the tub and seeks the bubbles, she grabs the airstones and I have to keep freeing them and fanning out the ball or the roots get slimey in the center from lack of clean circulated water. I suppose one day I'll have to chop her when she gets to be more of a liability to the overrall grow but for now I'm just curious how long she will live-who knows, her life may have shown me how to keep a good mom when the right time comes. She has her own little corner of the world and requires so little maintenance that I just let her do her thing! :woohoo:

See ya in chat! :joint:

Last edited:

immortal

Ya know 1toke, every trifoliar plant on IC seems to have been female including one i grew myself. Even GMT has a thread where he has been attempting breeding projects with this particular gene.

Latest posts

Latest posts