What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st run in new 4x8 Gorilla Grow Tent

LOL "with your skill I'd like to see you give it a run bro"

WDF LOL^ damn homie, I didnt think I was still THAT bad.. I know im still learning from all of you, but shieeet.

Damn, I wonder how much theyre gonna charge you though. IF its expensive, maybe it would be cheaper to give them the layout and ask them what you'll need.. Then source the equipment somewhere else? Then just pay them to put it together..

Yeah man, an Auto Feed or Drip system would be so much better. IF i got sidetracked or something today, My plants most likely wouldve been totally dead tomorrow, they where wilted horribly bad.. Plus im honestly not to sure if im giving the plants enough water every single time. or if all areas of soil or coco are even getting saturated.

Wow, So the Tahoe right now is in the lead? What about the GG and Cookie? Havent been seeing you talk about the GG as much anymore.. Which ones are visibly the frostiest?

What are your temps at during the day now? Have you ever tried putting some ice cubes in your water during flush about 5minutes before you actually water them? ALOT of people say it tricks the plant into thinking winter is here, so it goes into overdrive to produce flowers/pistils..

In my opinion, Im thinking its so it gets bigger thinking the bigger it gets, the bigger chance it has to get pollinated? Or it knows its going to die so uses everything to produce flowers for some reason..

LMAO I didn't mean that in a bad way blood. The Tahoe came out pretty good except for one top bud that developed BOTRYTIS!!! Bummed me out, I'll post a pic of that tragedy in a moment. I cut the Tahoe and Oregon Lemons down at exactly 63 days and getting really up close to them the OL's is straight gas bro. I love the extreme frost and shape of the buds and a BOMB ASS lemon kush smell oh and insanely sticky. I want to grow an entire tent full of this strain. My day time temps have been stupid lately. As high as 97 degrees some days, SMFH. I think that's why my Thin Mints are actually thin lol. I've been trying the cold water method and honestly I think it works because my plants have the type of resin production that I use to get using Terpinator.

Oregon Lemon's

Oregon Lemon's

Chopped at 63 days, I'll get some better pics up after the final trim. But yo this stuff is hella dense, hella sticky, hella stinky. Hope it gets me hella high and tastes hella good!!!!

Attachments

• Anche lei 12 giorni og kush e non cresce...
    Anche lei 12 giorni og kush e non cresce...
    104.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20170330-212335.jpg
    Screenshot_20170330-212335.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20170330-212326.jpg
    Screenshot_20170330-212326.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20170330-212316.jpg
    Screenshot_20170330-212316.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 8
Here's a couple pics of the funnel system I use

View Image View Image View Image

Nothing fancy really. I got the idea from another member here named Abby Normal. He was using this in his thread to hand water plants growing in a scrog in a tent. It kept him from bending over and having to water under the screen.

I just started using this method so it's still evolving in my setup. If the water only thing works out, I'll probably setup an auto water system then. Well, as much as you can growing in soil.

Gravity feeding is genius, didn't even cross my mind. Kudos to you homie. Simplicity at it's finest.

Believe it or not, I hand water EVERYTHING! Lol. I use halos but only to water the plants in the back of the tent. The 1/2" tubing from the halos goes to funnels I have hanging. So I just poor the water in the funnels to water plants in the back. I cant really setup an auto feed system because my plants are one week apart in flowering so I harvest one plant every 8 days...give or take. So my nutrient solution is different on most all of em. So I'm mixing up nute solution for each individual plant that needs watering on that day! It's really a pain in the ass! Hahaha :biglaugh: Not to mention outta the 8 plants I keep flowering, I'm running 5 different strains and got more I'm about to rotate in.

I just stuck into flower a GG4 that I transplanted into an organic water only soil. Hopefully I can just give it water the whole flower time. If it works I'm gonna start using this method and save my ass some time and hassle. I love the results from Botanicare but since I dont mono crop, it gets crazy keeping up with all the nute schedules and when to use bloom boosters. You should see the charts I fill out daily to keep up with all of em!

Thanks for the kind words too, Harry. While I was planning out my new 5x9 tent I'm running now, I was all over your thread and pictures in your albums getting ideas. So having you point out that what I'm doing is working out, means alot. Because part of what you do is in my grow. :tiphat:

Bro it's pretty f'n cool that we both motivated each other without even knowing. The kind words are thanks for your work. To get plants to kick ass you have to know what you're doing so again keep up the great work and keep kicking ass. A testament to the moniker "hard work pays off"👍👏😎.

Tahoe OG

Tahoe OG

Chopped at 9 weeks also. Turned out to be some of the best Kush that I've personally grown. Waaaaayyyyy more dense than I expected, I tried squeezing a bud my hardest without messing it up and there's no give in it. Rock hard sticky bud, deep pungent kush smell. Can't wait to smoke this stuff. Everything turned out great aside from one beautiful top bud that developed mold that I didn't notice until I started trimming. I normally trim from the bottom up on plants and when I finally reached the end I gently hold the bud to trim around it and it just fell apart. Took a closer look like WTF!!!!! Luckily only this bud fell victim to the infamous "botrytis" I wanted to kick MYSELF in the balls.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170330-224338.jpg
    Screenshot_20170330-224338.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20170330-224325.jpg
    Screenshot_20170330-224325.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20170330-224258.jpg
    Screenshot_20170330-224258.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20170330-224250.jpg
    Screenshot_20170330-224250.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20170330-224241.jpg
    Screenshot_20170330-224241.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 10
Thin Mint Cookies

Thin Mint Cookies

Almost a full 7 weeks into flower and is pretty frosty and pretty dense. Smells great. Wish the buds would swell up just a little bit more. 2 weeks to go and hopefully they gain some weight during the flush.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170403-200142.jpg
    Screenshot_20170403-200142.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20170403-200308.jpg
    Screenshot_20170403-200308.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20170403-200154.jpg
    Screenshot_20170403-200154.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20170403-200316.jpg
    Screenshot_20170403-200316.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 16
Thin Mint Cookies

Thin Mint Cookies

52 days into flower and I'm loving the bud structure, smell and density. Turning a little more purple as the days pass. Check out the lilie that bloomed!!! 11 days to go, flushing her now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170407-225054.jpg
    Screenshot_20170407-225054.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20170407-224907.jpg
    Screenshot_20170407-224907.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20170407-224921.jpg
    Screenshot_20170407-224921.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20170407-225139.jpg
    Screenshot_20170407-225139.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20170407-224953.jpg
    Screenshot_20170407-224953.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 10

Dakine

Veteran
Haha you should come check out the last few pages of my TnT Labs Genetics Grow thread bro. Im about to chop as well, I just chopped 1 of the semi-autos.. You know I was jus showin ya some tough love nig.

Damn, those are the semi close ups I was talkin about. Those O Lemons looks like some fire.The lasy pic has the mold? Kinda hard to tell cause Oregon Lemons is some frosty lookin stuff bro.

Damn I aint ever see cookies with green leaves.. But it is cookies lol, that damn spiraly lookin calyx structure always amazes me, looks almost like A rose or somethin. Does the thin mint smell like mint cookie dough?

Haha you should come check out the last few pages of my TnT Labs Genetics Grow thread bro. Im about to chop as well, I just chopped 1 of the semi-autos.. You know I was jus showin ya some tough love nig.

Damn, those are the semi close ups I was talkin about. Those O Lemons looks like some fire.The lasy pic has the mold? Kinda hard to tell cause Oregon Lemons is some frosty lookin stuff bro.

Damn I aint ever see cookies with green leaves.. But it is cookies lol, that damn spiraly lookin calyx structure always amazes me, looks almost like A rose or somethin. Does the thin mint smell like mint cookie dough?

Yo what's up bro bro!! The O. Lemons are curing up as well as the OG. So I haven't even smoked the Lemons just yet. The buds are pretty nice, STICKY and deceiveingly dense. The smell is deceiving also. Smells like a clean sweet diesel but when you open a bud up that dank lemon kush jabs you in the face. I'd definitely grow it again. Now the Tahoe is gasoline!!! One of the best Kush tastes in my opinion. Super kushy, typical Xmas shaped dense buds but the smell is pungent as hell. The green leaves on the TMC I'm assuming is because this cut doesn't have the GDP in it. Only Durban Poison and OGK. My night time temps have been around 55 to 65 degrees and it's turning the plants a little purple, on all of the bud tips. Yeah the bud structure amazes me to which is one of the main reasons I seem to always be growing some variety of Cookies. I'm trying to get my hands on some Dosi Dos!!! The smell is spot on Cookies but more of a mentholated potent spicy kush smell. Not much of a dough smell though but still very dank.

Chopped at 9 weeks also. Turned out to be some of the best Kush that I've personally grown. Waaaaayyyyy more dense than I expected, I tried squeezing a bud my hardest without messing it up and there's no give in it. Rock hard sticky bud, deep pungent kush smell. Can't wait to smoke this stuff. Everything turned out great aside from one beautiful top bud that developed mold that I didn't notice until I started trimming. I normally trim from the bottom up on plants and when I finally reached the end I gently hold the bud to trim around it and it just fell apart. Took a closer look like WTF!!!!! Luckily only this bud fell victim to the infamous "botrytis" I wanted to kick MYSELF in the balls.

Seen that before in my greenhouse.
I guarantee a bug died there in early flower and there was the fungus on its body as spores.
Buds look super frosty!

Seen that before in my greenhouse.
I guarantee a bug died there in early flower and there was the fungus on its body as spores.
Buds look super frosty!

You could be absolutely right, I had an issue with gnats and I've been trying to remove any that have been trapped on the plants leaves or buds. It's like they OD after getting stuck on the resin lol. Thanks for stopping in bro😎🤘.

Lilie bloomed.

Lilie bloomed.

Check out this lilie that bloomed. A beautiful yellow and the darkest of purple, damn near black. Amazing smell.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170408-122620.jpg
    Screenshot_20170408-122620.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20170408-122609.jpg
    Screenshot_20170408-122609.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20170408-122559.jpg
    Screenshot_20170408-122559.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20170408-122550.jpg
    Screenshot_20170408-122550.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 9

Dakine

Veteran
What does it smell like? Dang I never thought about the spores or other shiet thats on alot of small insects/bugs. Even when some insects/pest die the spores only then kick in. Now that is some serious food for thought, only since I have A shitload of dead bugs on my outdoor plants lol. Looks like they all flew onto some trichomes and got stuck

What does it smell like? Dang I never thought about the spores or other shiet thats on alot of small insects/bugs. Even when some insects/pest die the spores only then kick in. Now that is some serious food for thought, only since I have A shitload of dead bugs on my outdoor plants lol. Looks like they all flew onto some trichomes and got stuck

The lilie? Smells like a hint of potpourri but not strong smelling at all actually.

Last edited:

Dakine

Veteran
lol how exciting.. It does look beautiful though.

Lets see some dried shots! I Wanna see that fire bro! Whats the next line up thats gonna fill the tents up?

lol how exciting.. It does look beautiful though.

Lets see some dried shots! I Wanna see that fire bro! Whats the next line up thats gonna fill the tents up?

Right, I actually sold all of what I harvested on the Tahoe OG but I have a little bit of O. Lemons left I'll post a few pics in a moment. After I harvest the TMC in a couple of days I'm done growing for awhile. Moving on bro. Not to give you guys a sob story but I'm finalizing a divorce and looking for a new house. So I'm literally starting over but have plans of running my own tents. Two 4x8 gorilla tents, one for veg and one flower. But in the flower tent I will be running two gavitas and have a portable ac unit to really kick ass this time. As far as strain selection goes with the new setup will hopefully be Dosi dos if it's available.

yts farmer

Veteran
Bravo what a great thread.

Love to see what other people do with the same size grow area as I've got, have to say you got skills.

Must be a blessing to be able to pick up legit cuts whenever you wanted, seems like you got access to most growers wish list but more importantly you grew them superbly.

About 10 pages back you asked what sssdh is, didnt see anybody reply to it so it's super silver sour diesel haze.:tiphat:

Peace.

Dakine

Veteran
LOL you didnt save any of that Tahoe bro? Shit mustve been fire as fuck.

Damn, sorry to hear about the divorce bro.. I hope your g tho homie. pm me if you ever gotta vent or anythin bro.. Just tryna look out for ya straight up.