What's new

1st run in new 4x8 Gorilla Grow Tent

Dakine

Veteran
Damn man a couple grand for a cut is crazy. But you gotta pay to play with the big boys/girls/growers right? And as long as it's the strain they exactly said it was geneticly then I guess what ever number your willing to pay is fine. But it better damn be rooted other wise u might not even get a growing plant out of those couple of grands you could've used to buy a ton load of seed packs.

Yeah man get those dry shots up when it's time to harvest. So do you usually just get rid of the plant after harvest? I've seen you take a couple cuts from some. Or do you just reveg on the side and/or go to your dispensary and buy new cuts?

I just brought selfing up because you can grow and you got some legit cuts. So I thought having female s1 seeds of a cut u like would be awesome just incase the dispensary moves into different stock.

I'll give u my opinion on getting more final weight, Ima just re read the whole thread.. Gotta see what size pots your using, what mix, and fertz

Dakine

Veteran
So do you still flower and finish all plants in 5 gallon pots? Also does it matter how long you veg for? Cause I was thinking to top each plant and then start doing some LST to the main branches and then prune some fan leaves off and lean the lower branches/shoots outwards or towards the light.. You'd have to let it veg for A couple weeks after this is done though, that way it doesn't effect the harvest and instead of lower popcorn nugs you should get small colas/tops even on the bottom.

Kinda weird tho, cause usually a cut starts throwing all these branches everywhere.

Pre 98 Bubba Kush

Pre 98 Bubba Kush

5 weeks into flower and looking semi okay. I need to flush one of these because the leaves started curling upwards and dying, smh.

Attachments

• 20160817_003246.jpg
    20160817_003246.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20160817_003241.jpg
    20160817_003241.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20160815_200013.jpg
    20160815_200013.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Word!

Word!

Damn man a couple grand for a cut is crazy. But you gotta pay to play with the big boys/girls/growers right? And as long as it's the strain they exactly said it was geneticly then I guess what ever number your willing to pay is fine. But it better damn be rooted other wise u might not even get a growing plant out of those couple of grands you could've used to buy a ton load of seed packs.

Yeah man get those dry shots up when it's time to harvest. So do you usually just get rid of the plant after harvest? I've seen you take a couple cuts from some. Or do you just reveg on the side and/or go to your dispensary and buy new cuts?

I just brought selfing up because you can grow and you got some legit cuts. So I thought having female s1 seeds of a cut u like would be awesome just incase the dispensary moves into different stock.

I'll give u my opinion on getting more final weight, Ima just re read the whole thread.. Gotta see what size pots your using, what mix, and fertz

Yeah the prices can get pretty steep for the rare strains or the strains that only a select few may have and it's predominantly seedless. After harvest I usually get rid of what's left of the plant. My brother is the one taking clones, I personally haven't taken the time to do that because I don't have a space dedicated to do it properly. I used to clone often a looooong time ago. I can't lie I really wish that I cloned a few strains that I've posted on this thread and it's tough living with that regret, trust me. I had a killer Headband cut once and it was rivaling any dispensary carrying it. Perfect plant, imagine the Skywalker OG I posted but with 3x the vigor. But to answer the question I do cop new clones after harvest. I normally check all local dispensaries menu's and make a selection from there. Dude my goal is to get a hell of alot better at growing, eventually be on a master growers level. I swear I wish I knew an OG older cat thats been growing practically his whole life and knew his shit very well and was willing to take me as an apprentice lol. I'd show up for free everyday lol. Just to learn bro. If you've gone thru the entire thread I gotta say Thanks again homie for taking the time.

Last edited:
Yup.

Yup.

So do you still flower and finish all plants in 5 gallon pots? Also does it matter how long you veg for? Cause I was thinking to top each plant and then start doing some LST to the main branches and then prune some fan leaves off and lean the lower branches/shoots outwards or towards the light.. You'd have to let it veg for A couple weeks after this is done though, that way it doesn't effect the harvest and instead of lower popcorn nugs you should get small colas/tops even on the bottom.

Kinda weird tho, cause usually a cut starts throwing all these branches everywhere.

Yes in 5 gallon pots start to finish. I normally use 10's if I flower outdoors. Veg time makes all the difference coupled with topping results in a much better harvest for me. I'm such a fan of topping now I don't think I'll grow another plant without topping it. It's nice to see all those tops swell up around week 6 or 7 opposed to one main cola. In the beginning of this thread many of my plants went straight into flower because I couldn't veg outdoors because of my landlords presence at the time and I had no setup to do it indoors so I said f it and just flowered them with no veg time and I hated doing that. That low stress technique is cool especially with a trellis.

Stardawg

Stardawg

Almost a week into flower and looking nice.

Attachments

• 20160822_205133.jpg
    20160822_205133.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20160822_205141.jpg
    20160822_205141.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 6
  • 20160822_205146.jpg
    20160822_205146.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20160822_205201.jpg
    20160822_205201.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20160822_205208.jpg
    20160822_205208.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 9
Stardawg

Stardawg

15 days into flower.

Attachments

• 20160828_220641.jpg
    20160828_220641.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20160828_220700.jpg
    20160828_220700.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 20160827_202744.jpg
    20160827_202744.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20160828_220606.jpg
    20160828_220606.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20160828_220613.jpg
    20160828_220613.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 15
Pre 98 Bubba Kush

Pre 98 Bubba Kush

6 weeks into flower and doing okay. 3 weeks to go. Smells really good right now. Wish I kept her healthier though, smh.

Attachments

• 20160828_233422.jpg
    20160828_233422.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20160828_233346.jpg
    20160828_233346.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20160828_233306.jpg
    20160828_233306.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 8
  • 20160828_233221.jpg
    20160828_233221.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 7

Dakine

Veteran
Hope that Stardawg turns out dank! Is that the Bubba Kush that went downhill and you ended up flushing? Or was that a different plant? Looks good either way. Do you chop when all trichomes are milky or partially amber?

I just threw one of my plants Into flower to show sex but it's been 5 days and it hasn't shown any balls or pistils. It has started to grow/stretch though.

Good job Braddah man.

Hope that Stardawg turns out dank! Is that the Bubba Kush that went downhill and you ended up flushing? Or was that a different plant? Looks good either way. Do you chop when all trichomes are milky or partially amber?

I just threw one of my plants Into flower to show sex but it's been 5 days and it hasn't shown any balls or pistils. It has started to grow/stretch though.

Good job Braddah man.

For sure so do I(Stardawg). The BK in the photos is the plant that's doing okay. The other got flushed and then fed a few days later. The flush seemed to at least slow down the deficiency but it also continued to yellow out. I may post a pic of it. I like to harvest when the trichomes are mostly milky and partially amber. Rollercoaster high lol. In due time your plant will show its true colors, fingers crossed for a female bro. Thanks again big homie.

Pre 98 Bubba Kush

Pre 98 Bubba Kush

Dakine, here's a couple pics of the plant that was flushed.

Attachments

• 20160819_112310.jpg
    20160819_112310.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 8
  • 20160822_205541.jpg
    20160822_205541.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 8
Birthday Cake

Birthday Cake

1 week or so into flower and starting to produce resin. On some of the larger fan leaves to!!

Attachments

• 20160830_220228.jpg
    20160830_220228.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20160830_220248.jpg
    20160830_220248.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20160830_220238.jpg
    20160830_220238.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20160830_215222.jpg
    20160830_215222.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Dakine

Veteran
Oh so that bubbah you flushed is still growin/producin? Looks like it's still using its reserves. Dang that bday cake is only 1 week into flower? I don't understand why my plants from seed aren't even showing gender yet on 12/12.

Do u kno the parents of the bday cake?

Oh so that bubbah you flushed is still growin/producin? Looks like it's still using its reserves. Dang that bday cake is only 1 week into flower? I don't understand why my plants from seed aren't even showing gender yet on 12/12.

Do u kno the parents of the bday cake?

Yeah that Bubba is hanging on. I'm kinda grateful for the timing bc it's 7 weeks in and I flush for 2 weeks and it's a 9 week strain. I feel like this strain has so much more potential, I lost focus and she suffered from it. Totally on me. The Birthday Cake Kush is a Girl Scout Cookies Cherry Pie cross, and it's damn tasty!!! I actually copped a quarter of it and it became one of my favs at the moment. I may start posting reviews of bud from dispensaries, even though I don't go to them much anymore. But it is helpful being able to smoke something and if you like it you can go buy a plant and grow it yourself. Beautiful

Dakine

Veteran
Lol you just gotta rub it in don't ya? I wish I could try a certain strain and have the option of buying a rooted clone LEGALLY.. Could you possibly pick up another clone of that bubbah from the same exact mom you got this one from?

What does that bday cake smell like right now? It's a couple weeks into flower ya? I'm not sure if you posted about it, I prob missed it. But how long did you veg her for, and how's the stretch now? Man I love it when any strain starts producin mad trichomes on random fan leaves..

Better start takin those cuts so you don't end up losing all your favorites haha.

Dakine

Veteran
Oh yah and I just remembered you where looking for tips to help your quality out since your on point with the quantity.. What about running a couple CFLs neer the undergrowth of each plant and 1-2 bulbs on top while using ur current light set up?

CFL grows showed to not produce as much in quantity but a lot of growers noticed there flowers had a lot more resin and trichomes..

Just a thought, but if the bulbs aren't an option then I guess you could go with another type of nutes

Lol you just gotta rub it in don't ya? I wish I could try a certain strain and have the option of buying a rooted clone LEGALLY.. Could you possibly pick up another clone of that bubbah from the same exact mom you got this one from?

What does that bday cake smell like right now? It's a couple weeks into flower ya? I'm not sure if you posted about it, I prob missed it. But how long did you veg her for, and how's the stretch now? Man I love it when any strain starts producin mad trichomes on random fan leaves..

Better start takin those cuts so you don't end up losing all your favorites haha.

Yeah it's pretty cool to have access to options lol. With the Bubba and probably every other strain it really depends on the people you're dealing with if you get the same cut as before. But I can say for sure that two vendors could have the exact same strain name wise but be totally different cuts. The Birthday Cake doesn't have an overwhelming smell at the moment. It smells like a dank ass vegetation plant stage smell if that makes ANY sense lol. It just reached its second week today I believe. It vegged for 3 weeks or so and hasn't stretched much in flowering, it appears that she's focusing on attracting pollen with all of this resin already! I just smile everytime I look at her like😎. I've had a couple of strains that were triched the f&@k out, fan leaves and all, resin tacos lol. Cannabis plants are amazing to say the least. I have a few clones of the Bubba, Stardawg and Cookies.

Oh yah and I just remembered you where looking for tips to help your quality out since your on point with the quantity.. What about running a couple CFLs neer the undergrowth of each plant and 1-2 bulbs on top while using ur current light set up?

CFL grows showed to not produce as much in quantity but a lot of growers noticed there flowers had a lot more resin and trichomes..

Just a thought, but if the bulbs aren't an option then I guess you could go with another type of nutes

Right on, I'm leaning towards switching my nutes to Dragonfly Earth Medicines line up or cooking up a batch of Super Soil.