What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st grow - PC Grow Box

ksdufh

So the way I prepared the water I'm using to water them is I'd leave it in an open container for a day for the chlorine to evaporate, then add pH down plus nutrients and finally store in a closed container. The water could be sitting in the closed container up to a week and every time I opened it it'd smell foul and some white particles could be visible.

WcVwVzxm.jpg

Turns out that's not such a good idea.A guy in the thread on the Greek forum alerted me to this after I asked for help there as well. As per his suggestion I gave them water straight from the tap + pH down + a little rootit first feed and they seem to be doing a little better. The following pictures were taken 2.5hrs apart. Tomorrow when the lights are on again I'll be to tell if things are really improving. Definitely a big improvement though.

vU49Bvfh.jpg

Tbonegrower

You were making an anaerobic culture.

Good looking out on the quick mix and use.

The anaerobic can be good with the right ingredients, but in general, unless you are doing it intentionally (look at bokashi and other activated cultures), it is not a great idea as you basically give all the bad guys a head start on beating out the good guys in the soil.

Get yourself an airstone to bubble the water to remove chlorine. Although hitting it with chlorinated water for a couple days may be good to reset your microfauna situation.