What's new

1st Grow: Nirvana White Widow and Bag Seed

T

TylerDurden

Hey everyone at IC Mag :smile: Ive been reading grow diaries and other threads here dreaming of growing my own ganja. I mainly smoke schwag because its so much cheaper but then one day I decided what the hell, I might as well grow my own since it would be cheaper than buying any weed and the herb would be better than the best that you can buy. So I finally saved up enough money to get a light some decent nutes and all the necessities to turn a closet into a grow room and Ive (for the most part) finished constructing my first official grow room :jump: I did a really sloppy grow with 2 seeds from some schwag under 75w of flouros and miracle grow (I know I know... :spank: ) a long time ago. I actually got some decent weed, well compared to what I smoke which isnt saying much, dont know how I pulled it off though LOL

Now I have 2 Nirvana White Widows that have been vegging for 2 and a half weeks and one more WW seed that I just planted yesterday. All of the WW's are in Hempy buckets. I also have a female Bag Seed plant that has been vegging for almost 2 months now :muahaha: she's the only one I have in soil. I LST'd her like crazy and shes the first plant Ive ever experimented with LSTing before. It worked out great for her so I think Im going to LST all my plants from here on out. I already LST'd my WW's and plant on doing the same to the seedling when its ready. I accidentally snapped the stem on one of my WW's while tying it down a second time so I guess its HST for her now :bashhead: I left the stem alone after that and kept the stem moist where it had snapped. I think shes going to recover but it has stunted her growth pretty bad so I probably wont be able to take any clones from her. Oh well though she wasn't responding as well to the LST as her sister so I wasnt really planning on taking any clones from her anyways. I also have 3 clones from the Bag Seed, rooted in rockwool and just transplanted in to cups. They were just an experiment to see if I could successfully clone anything before I tried it with the WW's. So far 100% success rate :jump: I was going to just toss them but I thought... might as well just stick em in my closet and get something off of them. I probably wont transplant them into anything else from here on out.

Im using General Hydroponics 3 part nutes as well as Magi-Cal (WTF I ordered cal-mag but I got that instead. w/e as long as it gives my plants what they need I guess it doesnt really matter LOL) I have some Sweet Leaf for when theyre budding, havnt heard much about it but I thought Id give it a try. For now I just use tap water thats been sitting for at least 24 hours but Ill probably start using filtered water from now on.

I have a 400w HPS light in my closet with my friend Stanley sucking hot air from the top of my room and blowing it out of the room. I still have to make my room light proof before I flower them but that wont be for a while now. I want to veg the WW seedling for at least 3 weeks. Hope I can control the others till then :laughing:

Because of me being a noob at this and all, I was wondering if there is anyone out there who could tell me how to post pics? I love taking pics of the girls and would like to get some up asap. Also any criticism, advice, tips, questions or comments are welcome. Im sure I left something out. Oh yea, I have them on an 18/6 light cycle. I read an article about how it helps root development which in turn promotes more growth. It also helps cut down on some electricity, which is never bad :rasta: Sorry for no pics :frown: as soon as I learn how to post some Ill show yall what the plants are lookin like.

Hope I can pull something decent off with this :redface:

Mr. Durden :joint:

Drt9288

hey bub.... sounds good... only thing, i would look into sealing that light off.. some plants are very unforgiving when it comes to giving there light away aka turn hermie... but everything sounds good... what line is it... floralicious or floranova...
---------------
to post pics.. just go to -user menu - upload photos - and your one the page to upload your photos to the site.. after that.. just post a thread and your photos will be at the bottom of the page to put in.. good day and best of luck.... cant wait for the pics.....peace

T

TylerDurden

UPDATE

UPDATE

Hey Drt thanks for the info on how to post pics :rasta: Ive got quite a few that I cant wait to get up. Hopefully Ill be able to post them later tonight when I have time. Im using the General Hydroponics Flora Series with Micro, Grow and Bloom.

UPDATE
So I was taking pics of my plants today and checkin 'em out when I noticed some balls on my best looking now widower. Hes growing like crazy and has an excellent structure so I think Im gonna build a male isolation chamber and keep him for some pollen. Also I found out one of my clones that I thought was from my bag seed plant is actually a Hashberry clone :jump: A little mix up that happened with a fellow grower but he let me keep it anyways. I think Im just going to pollinate the entire plant with some WW pollen cause it probably wont grow that big. Who knows what will happen but I hope to give the hashberry a taller and stretchier structure with more branching (better for LSTing). Dunno whats gonna happen with the high thoguh. Anyways it will give me some seeds to experiment with and should be pretty fun. I did some more LSTing my WW I plant (the one that I accidentally HST'd :bashhead: ) She seems to have recovered quite nicely. Also my other WW seed (WW III) just sprouted and is loving the HPS. Oh that reminds me I just got my Agro Max 55k lumen HPS bulb today :jump: Well I guess stop my rant and let my pics do the talking later :rant: Take it easy :rasta:

T

TylerDurden

Pictures and Small Update

Pictures and Small Update

Finally!! I got my pictures uploaded and am about to attempt to post some from a few days from when they sprouted to where they are today. Anyways the plants are doing excellent, they are about to go to sleep for the night and build up their roots. I started to germ 2 more seeds. One is another WW (I only have one left from the pack now :sad: ) and the other is a bag seed from this purple hued sativa looking bud that my friend had a while back. It had a nice rushing high too that sent your head spinning. Im going to put the other WW in another Hempy bucket and stick the Purp. sativa in a one gallon container with some dirt. I didnt think I was going to grow any more in dirt after my Bag Seed bush but I had a little left over so I used some for my clones and Im going to use some for the Purp. sativa. The clones, the male, and the Purp. sativa wont get the best light cause I really only have room for 4 in the best area of light. They are going to be placed around the edges of the room. Just some little experiments for fun, I figured I might as well use the extra light for something. Well enough of me talking lets move on to the pics :jump:

Heres the nutes Ill be using for this run:

WW I, first to pop out of the ground and much fatter leaf structure than her brother this was almost 3 weeks ago and they had sprouted about a week earlier. They were vegged to this point under flouros but from here on theyve been under the HPS

WW II 8/28/08

WW I 9/6/08

WW II 9/6/08

WW II top 9/6/08

Group Shot 9/9/08

T

TylerDurden

Next page...

WW II LST'd 9/9/08

WW II top 9/9/08

Group Shot 9/11/08

WW I top 9/11/08

WW I LST'd 9/11/08

WW II top 9/11/08

Broken WW I (HST :bashhead: ) 9/12/08

WW II top 9/12/08

WW II 9/14/08

Heres the Bag Seed plant, which I will refer to as BSP for convenience. She loves being bent over :wink:

T

TylerDurden

And the next page...

These are the clones with the Hashberry (HB) on the right

Heres WW I 9/14/08

Group Shot 9/14/08

Heres a group shot from today

Baby WW III today

Recovering WW I with more LST'ing

WW I top today

WW I

WW II top

WW II

Heres a pic of the topping that I did to WW II after discovering he was a male. Off with his head!!!

BSP top

BSP

BSP up-skirt action

Clones with HB on the right

Heres Stanley, blowing out the hot air and sucking in fresh air

Hope yall enjoy the pics. Peace

T

TylerDurden

Well last night when the lights went out I decided to give the AgroMax a go and see if the bulb was in working condition. Well I unscrewed my old bulb and put in the Agro. I plug it in and the bulb flickers like its about to come on, then... the bulb goes out and only a small glow can be seen in the bulb and a strange noise, kinda like the normal noise except with a more exaggerated buzzing in the background kinda like the igniter trying to to its job but cant quite make it. So I unplugged the balast, took out the bulb, put it back in and tried it again. Didnt work :cuss: So I take out the bulb and put the old one back in and try it. Nada. So I take out the bulb, screw it back in again then try it one last time. It works :jump: so i go to bed. Then when I wake up I hear the strange buzzing noise and find my HPS not working again. So I try everything I tried last night twice again and nothings working :fsu: Good news is my warranty still covers my balast so I can send it back to the store and get it replaced. For now Ive just got my spare flouros spread throughout the room to keep the light cycle going correctly. Hopefully it wont take too long for my new balast to get here. Anyways heres some pics of some 'dro that my buddy got. Anyone have an idea what kinda bud this is?

Almost an Oz.

1st Nug

2nd Nug

3rd Nug

The high from it is really complex and very interesting. Some of the best bud that I have ever smoked, which isnt saying much as Ive only smoked maybe 3 high grade strains (Ice Cream, Dutch Dragon, and Sour Diesel) and 5 or 6 different kinds of mid grade 'dro :frown: But after this grow and I get my room dialed in I wont have to worry 'bout having high grade weed :muahaha: Its 50/50 head/body so some kind of hybrid for sure. First it gets you kinda moving around and motivated with a slight body stone. Then about 45 min to an hour into it you start to feel the body much more and you feel like just sitting around and relaxing for a while. The high lasted for about 2 hours which is pretty good considering how much I smoke and the come down was real smooth. Just thought Id let anyone know whos interested. Take it easy :rasta:

One Love

Looks kind of like some Trainwreck i just finished, but its too hard to say from the pics. Want to send some in to my 'testing lab'? haha. Looks tastey though man...

T

TylerDurden

Hey One Love it most definitely was tasty. A little curing and Im sure it would have been even better. Smelled dank as hell too, really strong skunky smell. Wish I had some here to better describe it, all I can say is it smells amazing. I wish I could send some to your "testing lab" :laughing: Maybe some day :chin: Hope ya stick around for the grow :rasta: Take it easy man.

Mr Durden :joint:

T

TylerDurden

Hey guys :wave: thought Id let yall know I expect to be back up and running in 2 weeks max. Also since the plants arent really growing right now due to the lack of light and have lights mainly to keep them in the veg. cycle, I switched the lights back to 24 hours of light. Does anyone know if this will stress the plants or have no effect since they were originally on 18/6? Well the seedling has actually grown some and so have the others but it just not the same without the HPS lovin going on :frown: Well Heres some pics of some outdoor grown bud that I took today. Check it out!

This picture kinda sucks but I thought Id put it up cause you can kinda see the Purple hues starting to show :muahaha:

We call her Purple Mango. Shes actually a friend of mines I just get to see her every now and then and smell her wonderful scent. Its sooooo sweet and smells exactly like mango and other tropical fruits. It doesnt have any weed smell at all though which surprised me. Ive never smelled any kind of weed that didnt at least have a little of that distinct smell somewhere in it. It just smells like fruit. Its actually grown from a bag seed of some purple herb. We smoked a tiny nug a week or so ago. The trichs are all clear still and with 2 solid hits from a bong I got an intense rushing head high that lasted around 25-35 minutes. I cant wait till its done, still gonna be about another month and a half. Hope yall enjoy. Peace

One Love

Gotta love the outdoor man. Its such a heartbreaker to have to work inside, but it is what we have been reduced to. :violin:
Anyhow, I think you will be fine on the 24/0 light cycle. I'm sure you already found this out since its been running like that for a few days. I've had to go 24/0 a few times in the middle of veg while dealing with shit timers. Since you are in veg here's a pic of an SK#1 to add to the veg scenery, or should i say "greenery"?? :bashhead:

I think i have some old veg pics of nirvana WW somewhere. I really enjoyed growing it though, as WW is still one of my all time fav's. You just can't beat the type of buzz it gives you!

Last edited:

Drt9288

fuckin sweet bro, lookin real real good.. that BSP is a bushy bitch huh? lol.. well good luck my friend, im here to stay for shizzle... peace, love, and M.C

T

TylerDurden

Hey One Love Good to see ya back! I know what you mean about the outdoors man, I wish I could grow fields of this stuff :muahaha: Thanks for the info on the light cycle too. That SK#1 looks mighty fine! If you can find any WW pics feel free to post them, Id love to see em.

Drt the BSP is definitely a beast of a plant LOL. Hope she doesnt stretch much :redface: Thanks for the compliments dude!

UPDATE: Good news, I dont have to ghetto rig my closet with those flouros any more :jump: My friend had an extra 250w that He had laying around and hes letting me use it till my new ballast gets here. What a relief. I though I was going to loose a week or 2 of veg and the plants were looking so sad with no light. I gave them fresh nutes and water today and started germinating 2 more seeds. The smaller WW with the broken stem is starting to show pre-flowers. They look kinda like crab claws but its still a little too early to tell. I had to get rid of my 2 BSP clones today and a purple sativa seed that I had just started for fun due to a fly infestation in the soil I used for the purple sativa :bashhead: The HB clone and BSP seem to have come out of it unscathed which is all that really matters. If this WW turns out to be a male, I think Im going to take some clones of the better male and kill them both. Then I can make a mini male isolation chamber and have a bunch of smaller sized clones I can fit in there and get some good pollen for future breeding projects. Then Im gonna let the other WW's sprout and hope for girls. I think thats about it. No pics this time cause not that much has really gone on since the latest ones. Take it easy.

Drt9288

Great idea for the clones, all im doing is taking the Male (once i find out it is one) out of the Fl. chamber, put it in a small black corner with one little Fl light (the ones you can put in your lamp and shit).... I hope it does the job to get some good pollen.. all i need is a little to rub on.. im hopin i can get a cross between a White Willow (female) x SuperSkunk (Male),, i think i would be a killer combo... and who knows... i might have some of my friends on here test grow some to see how it goes for them.. anyways mr. Durden.. im lookin forward to the pics.... to the show... to the harvest... be eazy my friend and deff. stay safe.. one love... peace, love, and M.C

One Love

Here's that WW.

Was grown tree style in a 2gal bag. Yielded a little over 30g's. I will be running the rest of this pack after a while, just waiting on a little room. Some good smoke, everyone loves the type of buzz that the WW gives ya.

T

TylerDurden

W. Willow x Super Skunk eh? Sounds like that would be an excellent cross Drt Id like to try some of Soma's gear sometime in the near future. Hes got some great sounding strains.

One Love thats a nice looking WW you have (had) there. How was the stretch on that girl? Good to see ya around.

Well I wasnt going to give an update really until my 400w got back in action, but I thought it would get here sometime this week. Guess not, so I decided to post an update with a few pics anyways. Out of my last 2 WW seeds that I germinated only one popped so that makes me 5/6 with successful germination, not too bad. I put it in some rockwool and planted it in another Hempy bucket. I also killed both my male plants when they were both confirmed to be male. I figured I didnt really need the pollen for now because I ordered 3 packs of seeds from SB so that ought to enough to hold me off for a while. I think I might try reusing the medium and maybe get some sensizyme to help break down the root material left in the medium. Will this work or should I just start over with fresh medium? I flushed it and everything, theres just some left over roots here and there. WW III, my seedling, has grown some real leaves and is looking pretty healthy. The Hashberry clone was starting to yellow so I gave her some nutes for the first time and she looks happy now. My BSP was also starting to yellow and needed some water so I fixed her up with a stronger dosage of nutes than any of my other plants are getting. Just 1 extra mil of Micro, Veg, and Bloom, nothing too much. We'll see how she responds. Well enough of me rambling, heres the pics. Take it easy

Group Shot

WW III

HB Clone

BSP

One Love

That WW went 3x's its size during flowering. They were about 10-12" when i switched and nearly all had shown preflowers. I wish i had a pic of the plant before chop. The main cola was massive, but there was some nice branching with some decent quality towards the bottom part of the plant also.

That BSP is a monster! when are you going to switch it to flower? going to transplant again? that should give a nice yield with all those budsites!

On the re-use of soil, there are some good threads in the organic soil forum on this issue. I only reuse soil when making my final transplant into flowering and i normally sift the old roots out (with a very large net pot). I use fresh soil throughout veg to reduce the number of feedings. I will add lots of good ammendments to the old soil and let it cook, turning it once a day, for two weeks before making the final transplant. My girls seem to like this. Hopefully you can find some more info in the organic forum...

cheers!

T

TylerDurden

Thanks for the kind words BLaCk Hope you enjoy the show :D

Damn One Love 3x! Shes quite a stretcher. Thats ok, better for LSTing :headbange I guess Im going to flower the BSP when all the other plants are ready to go since this is the only real light I have, hope shes not a stretcher :muahaha: Im just going to have to keep tying her down till then and hope she doesnt take over my grow room LOL Ive thought about transplanting her but I dont know what Id put her in to haha so for now the plan is to just keep her where she is. Thanks for the info in reuse of soil, that will come in handy later down the road. Ive been thinking of going coco for a few grows but we'll see. I was actually talking about my perlite and vermiculite, which I guess is considered a soiless medium since its a passive hydro system, so I think it might be a little different than the soil procedures. Take it easy bro

Well I thought Id include a little update on the plants so here it goes... Well I transplanted the Hashberry clone into one of my previously used Hempy buckets since it wasnt being used and she is loving her new home :jump: When I transplanted her I thought about LSTing so I started to and then I made a dumbass mistake and broke the stem :spank: 2nd time. I gotta not be so rough on my girls next time. Well I duct taped her up and it healed within 2 days and it didnt seem to affect her much. My WW III is spitting out new leaves every day. I cant wait to see her grown up :D I havnt tied down my BSP again yet but Im going to do it soon. Shes going crazy. I also put a newer 250w MH bulb in so we'll see if it makes any difference than the 250w HPS. On another note, I just got my new seeds from SeedBay in the mail today :jump: :headbange I got three strains from MOD: Kali-dream, Mist of Destruction, and Cinnamon Haze. I also got a Super Silver Haze F2 freebie. I cant wait to pop some of these strains. Well heres some pics:

Group Shot 9/29/08

HB Clone

WW III

BSP

Seeds

Peace

T

TylerDurden

Damn, all my typing just went down the drain :fsu: oh well, what can you do?
Anyways for those who are still interested heres a little update on the grow.
My Hashberry has grown like crazy since I put her in the Hempy bucket. She
has massive side branches due to me accidentally snapping her stem but
shes now fully recovered. I did some minor LSTing on her today and she
looks great :smile: I also LST'd my WW III and she has started to shoot all
her side branches up to take the place of the main cola :D I think both
plants roots have hit the reservoir because they are growing so fast now. My
Kali-Dream seed and bagseed that I germinated have sprouted :jump: Im
going to put the bag seed in a Hempy cup to restrict growth and pop one
more seed from the ones I got in to put in the empty Hempy bucket. I havnt
decided which one to pop though :chin: I might do another KD or a MOD. I
put the BSP outside to flower because she was taking up too much space in
the room and I didnt feel like tying her down again. Heres some pictures of