What's new

1st grow ever, INDOOR HYDRO some questions PLEASE HELP

Logie7

Hey everybody! this site is sick i saw it and there is so much help on it i decided to just post and ask directly!

Anyway, this is my first grow ever but it is a micro grow too. i decided to grow in a 25 inch tall PC case, and im also going to be using hydroponics. the actualy growcase is on this website: mrgrowpro.net. i know alot of people say do your fist grow with soil and outside its the simplest, well bcause of my situation, i can only grow hydroponics in a stealth box.

i have alot of the information i need to know down i think, but heres a few problems.

What nutrients are the best for indoor hydroponics?
honestly, i also need help with when i should flush out my system and add more or new nutes and how to flush it. Main concerns for 'best nutes' would be getting its best taste, smell, high and yield of course =)!When would i start and stop the nutes? Possible Scheduled plan or ideas?!

What is the best way to LST it? HOW?
the box i am getting also comes with a shelf that you can do lst on, is there certain ways to do it? Should i use that shelf?how do i know when to stop lst it or when to bend the next branch< etc

THis is a bit embarressing to ask, but when do i know when it is in vegetation stage and when to switch the lights for its flowering stage?

Would topping these 2 small plants 1 time be a good idea? if so then when and where exactly would i top it?

HOW would i make my grow box stay in ideal tempurature and humidity? the grow box only allows u to turn the whole thing on or off. there is a timer for the lights. but how would i control the tempurature? if its too hot or cold how would i adjust it. another embarressing dumb question..

Using ONA Odor block, would this really stink up the outside environment of this thing? along with the hydroponics would that be too loud? i mean if its loud to the point where it just sounds like the fan or something then it is okay..

I think those are my main concerns right now. please answer those questions as if u were writing a grow marijuana for dummies book :D.

Also sorry for al the questions even if you just answer one i will be ecstatic.
thank you!

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey everybody! this site is sick i saw it and there is so much help on it i decided to just post and ask directly!

Anyway, this is my first grow ever but it is a micro grow too. i decided to grow in a 25 inch tall PC case, and im also going to be using hydroponics. the actualy growcase is on this website: mrgrowpro.net. i know alot of people say do your fist grow with soil and outside its the simplest, well bcause of my situation, i can only grow hydroponics in a stealth box.

i have alot of the information i need to know down i think, but heres a few problems.

What nutrients are the best for indoor hydroponics?
There are a lot of nutes out there, as for best ? i dont know ,i've ran AN, GH and they're the same to me
I would suggest you get the 3 part GH for starter

honestly, i also need help with when i should flush out my system and add more or new nutes and how to flush it. Main concerns for 'best nutes' would be getting its best taste, smell, high and yield of course =)!

taste, yield, smell depend on the strains and the grower, not the nute, you can make the bud taste better if you flush it right, you can make the bud smell better if you cure it rightWhen would i start and stop the nutes? Possible Scheduled plan or ideas?!

What is the best way to LST it? HOW?
the box i am getting also comes with a shelf that you can do lst on, is there certain ways to do it? Should i use that shelf?how do i know when to stop lst it or when to bend the next branch< etc

THis is a bit embarressing to ask, but when do i know when it is in vegetation stage and when to switch the lights for its flowering stage?

This depends on the plants, you are a pc grower i believe you should not veg them for long due to spaces. You can flip them when they are about half the height of your pc, or a little below that ( remember they will stretch during 12/12 )

Would topping these 2 small plants 1 time be a good idea? if so then when and where exactly would i top it?

Depend on the strains, you can top some strain at 4 nodes, some at 8

HOW would i make my grow box stay in ideal tempurature and humidity? the grow box only allows u to turn the whole thing on or off. there is a timer for the lights. but how would i control the tempurature? if its too hot or cold how would i adjust it. another embarressing dumb question..

You need an exhaust/ intake fan to control temp

Using ONA Odor block, would this really stink up the outside environment of this thing? along with the hydroponics would that be too loud? i mean if its loud to the point where it just sounds like the fan or something then it is okay..

I think you should look in to carbon filer,

I think those are my main concerns right now. please answer those questions as if u were writing a grow marijuana for dummies book :D.

Also sorry for al the questions even if you just answer one i will be ecstatic.
thank you!

I tried to answer some of your question, but im really high right now so i might miss a few here and there, i'll be back to check it later

You have a lot to learn, i suggest you check out the micro section and diary section, also the
clear_dot.gif
Growroom Designs & Equipment

lot of reading will help you in the long run, trust me

cheers m8

Homey1Canobie

I am in the same situation your are in. I have been doing a lot of reading and lurking on this site for a month. Read hundreds of pages and basically decided that hydro was not a good idea for me.

I realize that is not the answer you are looking for but maybe i can offer you something...
Its called a Hempy bucket, and is pretty noob proof. A lot more than a clogged air pump in DWC.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=98419&highlight=hempy+bucket

Just do as you are doing, keep researching and plop some seeds in and get some hands on experience and learn as you go. Anyway, that is what I am doing. Good Luck!

dtfsux

to clarify on the veg,flowering change. The plant stays in veg until YOU change the light cycle. You dont change the light cycle based on the plant. Well you do based on size, space limits etc. But YOU control what stage the plant is in by the light cycle.

You could in theory veg the plant for a year or more. Moms are kept in veg for years.

Logie7

thanks everyone i think reading more is exactly what i need!

to clarify on the veg,flowering change. The plant stays in veg until YOU change the light cycle. You dont change the light cycle based on the plant. Well you do based on size, space limits etc. But YOU control what stage the plant is in by the light cycle.

You could in theory veg the plant for a year or more. Moms are kept in veg for years.

so based on what you know, if i have 18 inches free room to grow tall and 8 inch wide, when do you think i should change my bulbs? when the plants are how many inches per say?

thanks everyone i think reading more is exactly what i need!

so based on what you know, if i have 18 inches free room to grow tall and 8 inch wide, when do you think i should change my bulbs? when the plants are how many inches per say?

You should remember that the plant will "stretch" during the first days of flower. LST will help with Heighth restraints...there are some pics of LST on my E&G journal

Logie7

I tried to answer some of your question, but im really high right now so i might miss a few here and there, i'll be back to check it later

You have a lot to learn, i suggest you check out the micro section and diary section, also the
clear_dot.gif
Growroom Designs & Equipment

lot of reading will help you in the long run, trust me

cheers m8

hey man i didnt even realized u answered alot of my questions i didnt read my quote. thanks alot you helped me out so much and you answered them jsut how i wantedto!

when it comes to flushing, how exactly do i do that and when do i do that?

do u have any suggessted plans for the nutes though like when to add more or lesss?

thankk you!

imadoofus

Veteran
ok dude, i remember my first grow which even after about 2 years of reading, was still A LOT of trial and error.

best nutrients? the easiest way to go there is the lucas formula- 8ml of micro and 16ml of bloom per gallon, general hydroponics. make sure your ph doesnt go above 6.0 or you will lock out the mag. aim for 5.8 or 5.9.

and also only use reverse osmosis water- otherwsie youre inviting future problems.

Logie7

ok dude, i remember my first grow which even after about 2 years of reading, was still A LOT of trial and error.

best nutrients? the easiest way to go there is the lucas formula- 8ml of micro and 16ml of bloom per gallon, general hydroponics. make sure your ph doesnt go above 6.0 or you will lock out the mag. aim for 5.8 or 5.9.

and also only use reverse osmosis water- otherwsie youre inviting future problems.

alright cool man thanks.. any ideas on when i should change it upp, add more nutes? also do you have to rechange the water and nutes every couple days? every week? what is it?

thanks again

dtfsux

I dont have any experience growing micro, I was a commercial grower.

I cant say on the height but yes plants stretch in flower and it varies on strain. When you switch to flower, you can change the bulb but most important is to switch to 12/12 of lighting. Hell you can veg/flower with any bulb, its the time change thats the most critical.

GH nutes lucas formula is great. I shot for a ph of 5.6. Dont kill yourself on an exact #. I would always go a tad low, and the system would always drift up. Some growers do that to prevent lockout of any one component

You dont need to change the res but every couple weeks. I did 3 res changes plus flush for an 8 week strain and that was based on changing the nute formula for bloom enhancers, etc.

Some people like to change more ofetn.

A small res is probably going to be unstable, and you will have to see what works for you.

Flushing is grower preference. I would flush about a week before harvest. Dump res, flush system 24 hours, dump res, flush, dump, flush, Usually 3 dumps to get the tables clean, nutes out of the lines, tables, etc. This was also thousands of gallons of water and several tables. But you are so small, you can flush it at one shot, and run water for a week.

Bottom line is you dont want any nutes in the system after you start flushing

Latest posts

Latest posts