What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st Death From Cannabis...Was Almost Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

idoreallytry

my wife puts 6 grams of bubble hash in every stick of butter and we have had literally 5-6 people who are veteran smokers call me the day after asking if she was trying to kill them,,, becuz they had never had anything like it,,,
they say the same thing every time, they say "man i got super high paranoid got munchies then fell asleep for the best nights sleep ever",so i could only imagine how u felt,,,,,so 6 grams of oil to 2/3 u were trying to kill urself,,,try 4 grams per stick of butter make a batch of cookies theat makes 36 cookies or so and try that i think u will be much happier,,,good luck glad u made it thru,,,peace

RudeDog

Veteran
@ Sweetestsin...Lemon and sugar traditional in the UK, bitter sweet mix. I take it you have never tried it?

G

greenmatter

glad to hear you didn't make the darwin awards this year festi!

but you are nominated for a chong:biggrin:

S

sweetestsin420

lol no rudedog,just sounds wierd to put lemon on a pancake,im NOT an adventourous eater,like if i dont know whats in there,or if the ingredients sound crazy,im NOT eating lol

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I underestimated the effect because I had always eaten edibles made from trim or bud and never really got a good buzz. Oil edibles are an entirely different animal!

Now, wtf do I do with this tray of brownies? I can hardly look at them lol.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
I underestimated the effect because I had always eaten edibles made from trim or bud and never really got a good buzz. Oil edibles are an entirely different animal!

I'll eat em. :) They don't scare me...

Highly doubt you can die from cannabis, even extracts. You will fall asleep and sleep it off before you could smoke or eat enough to actually kill you. Glad you are ok though, it can get scary. :)

G

greenmatter

put them where there are a bunch a fat nuns ?

PTA meeting?

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Friday night I decided to make some edibles with about 8 grams of hash oil diluted by 2/3 stick of butter.

darn! if you wanted, why didn't you just mix that 2/3 of a stick of butter with a kilo of hash instead? lol...

even 8 grams of good bud on 2/3 of a stick of butter can be too much for many people.

making good edibles is difficult because the quantity of herb/hash/trim to be used is a VERY important factor, because if over-done, even if it's not by much, the effects produced will be much more than expected.

congrats!
you had a panic attack...

this comment is so right is not even funny.

panic attack = thoughts of "I'm gonna die!!! arghhh!!!"

eating too much cannabis = panic attack.

I personally stay away from edibles, unless I make them myself, and even then, I test whatever I may make by ingesting 1/4 or at most 1/3 of a portion.

when making edibles, proportion and caution are your friend.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
... not so fast

... not so fast

Actually, Bruce Lee is believed to have died from eating a large amount of hash (off the record), causing cerebral edema.

This was the 2nd time he had had a bad reaction and his doctors had warned him to never take it again.

The reason it was so deadly to Bruce Lee was because he had very little body fat to absorb the THC.:joint:

I remember reading this in The Tao of Bruce Lee.:ying:

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
Actually, Bruce Lee is believed to have died from eating a large amount of hash (off the record), causing cerebral edema.

This was the 2nd time he had had a bad reaction and his doctors had warned him to never take it again.

The reason it was so deadly to Bruce Lee was because he had very little body fat to absorb the THC.:joint:

I remember reading this in The Tao of Bruce Lee.:ying:

I just don't get this on many levels... can you provide more info, major curiosity going now. Please helppp aarrgghghghggh

My most recent problem with edibles was that my roommate ate the whole damn batch before I could take enough to share with my girl and the other roomie. The last of my trim oil from last year too darmit

yerboyblue

It's a bit of an embarrasment to post this, but in the interest of Public Safety (lol), here goes...

Friday night I decided to make some edibles with about 8 grams of hash oil diluted by 2/3 stick of butter. The G/F and I were going to have a mellow evening watching tv and kicking back.

I don't usually get off on edibles, so after warning my girl about the possible effects, I wolfed down a very large brownie. These things reeked of resin, and my single dose ending up being closer to 4 doses.

Everything was going great, lots of laughs and giggles. Then about 45 minutes in, my high took a left turn and went downhill fast. I became overwhelmed with paranoia and emotion. I've done lots of halucinigens and have had some heavy trips in the past, but nothing like this. Heroin wasn't even this heavy.

Soon after the nausia set in and I was in the bathroom puking and sweating. And I kept getting higher. It got to where I couldn't speak, or even get off the bathroom floor.

My g/f, a Registered Nurse, took a much smaller dose so she was handling it better. I was having a hard time staying awake, and was having full on halucinations/vivid dreams, but my mind was so into them that I was forgetting to breath! Several times she wanted to call 911, but I had told her earlier, that whatever happens, DON'T call 911.

6 hours later I finally came down, and it really felt good to be back to normal (although I could feel the effects for 2 days after). I was embarrassed, and more than a little shocked. I seriously underestimated the situation, and the irony was that the instructions I gave my girl in the beginning applied more to me than her.

I do think I could have died. Wouldn't that be just fucking great, the first person to die from a cannabis overdose!

Lesson learned

Only 6 hours later? I had a similar situation, I ate the brownies on a Friday. I woke up Sunday still ripped.

S

sweetestsin420

wow,are edibles really THAT strong???i made canola oil today,first time trying edibles,im sure it wont be STRONG cus i used trim,but w.e

yerboyblue

Well, it all depends on how strong you make them. Some of us obviously overdid it.

I used trim as well in my experience, but it was all bud trim, no fan leaves or anything. Trim quality always varies.

S

sweetestsin420

na no bud trim here,i smoke the bud trim lol,less intense than actual buds ,i used fan leaves,stems,and SOME budtrim,but not alot.

yortboyblue,how can i use the canola oil??do i just fry something with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.