What's new

1st Annual High Times Colorado Caregivers Cup!!!

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
just got this
GET a 'taste' of the 2009 1st Annual Colorado Cannabis Caregivers’ Cup with this summary spreadsheet of ALL the contestants at yesterday's event with emcee DAN SKYE of HIGH TIMES MAGAZINE.
CONGRATULATIONS TO PEOPLES CHOICE WINNER Grand County Coop.
Simply go to the file section of this meetup site and downloard the xcel spreadsheet to see ALL the entry information and results.

BE SURE and enjoy the January 2010 issue of HIGH TIMES MAGAZINE featuring a considerable spread about the Boulder Cannabis Health Fair, 2009 1st Annual Colorado Cannabis Caregivers’ Cup, including photo spreads on Colorado's BEST GROWS and Colorado's BEST MEDICINE. ENJOY!!

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Seems to me this has nothing to do with patients and relief but, more along the lines of Most Photogenic, Best Aroma, Stickiest Bud .
Being Photogenic tells you nothing about the effects it may offer.
I'm perplexed at why or how medicinal marijuana would be judged on Best Aroma yet, consumed in a vaporizer.
Same goes with the notion of Stickiest Bud, this doesn't provide any pertinent information on the medicinal effects of the product.

I wish you all the best but, this seems a simple glorified pot party.
Perhaps if you had speakers who are involved in the medicinal application or research in to the medicinal application it would appear more defined as having something to do with the benefits a patient might receive.
I'm writing all this because I see events such as this as using the medical patient as a stage prop.

alphaguru

hahahaaha

what do you all expect.
HIGH TIMES SUCKS NUTS.

Yall thought you were going to smoke for free! hahaha
so funny, that has never been the case in any canna cup of any sort.

no surprises here

pikes peak 69

Patients and caregivers lost at this event. Only the promoters won. Count all the ways they made money.
Crazy yet a lot of people still attend these scams hoping for better things.

I suggest you stay as far away as you can from these type of events. But whatever,
pp69

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Patients and caregivers lost at this event. Only the promoters won. Count all the ways they made money.

I suggest you stay as far away as you can from these type of events. But whatever,
pp69

Maybe we need to form a UNION ;>}
fishbowl.jpg

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
I Just got this.

While there were many highlights captured on film and video of the
2009 1st Annual Colorado Cannabis Caregivers Cup
they are not available as yet. In the near future,
however, we will be providing both at

http://caregiverscup.com/

As well as in the photos section of this messageboard. THANKS AGAIN to all the over 25 legal caregiver/growers who provided medicine for the competition, the over two hundred members of our community who came out to show support, and the numerous vendors who enhanced the moment with their presence. See Ya NEXT YEAR!!

Marco Renda

pp69

Not everyone who puts on an event is out to rip off the attendees.

I know that the VIP Judges at the Medi Cup in Toronto next year will recieve a minimum of 10 strains to sample plus not to mention an evening boat cruise on Lake Ontario which includes a fantastic dinner and unlimited non alcoholic drinks.

Check out the venue of where the expo is being held http://www.mtccc.com it's a world class facility which is owned by the city of Toronto and the province of Ontario. We have been allowed to have a 4000 sq ft vapor lounge for patients to be able to medicate in comfort.

Details on the expo can be found at http://www.medicalmarijuana-hempexpo.com

Take Care and Peace
Marco Renda
Federal Exemptee
Publisher
Treating Yourself
The Alternative Medicine Journal

pikes peak 69

Come on Marco, this is a Colorado thread not an event thread. All my responses in this thread are about this event and promoters.
Nothing against you, you through a hell of a gathering, but this is Colorado information.

pp69

Marco Renda

Come on Marco, this is a Colorado thread not an event thread. All my responses in this thread are about this event and promoters.
Nothing against you, you through a hell of a gathering, but this is Colorado information.

pp69

Sorry PP69 I took it that you were saying that all events are rip offs. Didn't realize you were just speaking of this event in Colorado

My appologies

Take Care and Peace
Marco

pikes peak 69

No biggie Marco.
As I have said and will continue to say, you do it right. Others in the States have different motives or so it seems.
Wish my health was up to attending another Hempfest, 05 was a BLAST.

pp69

Owl Mirror

Veteran
No biggie Marco.
As I have said and will continue to say, you do it right. Others in the States have different motives or so it seems.
Wish my health was up to attending another Hempfest, 05 was a BLAST.

pp69

pikes peak 69, I would suggest maybe Marco might lend assistance to your state in holding these types of events in the future. Marco has the patients in mind 100% of the time and I'm certain your next gathering would benefit from his input.

Marco, thanks for all you have done and continue to do on behalf of patients.

pikes peak 69

The problem in Colorado is the person doing these is money driven, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
He's now posting nasty e-mails to anyone that questions his tactics.
Mr. TT is a dirtball, yet some still seek him out or think that maybe the next event will be better.
I'll be awhile before this gold rush settles in this state to where an honest evnt of any kind could happen.
Over 25 entries @ $50 each plus an oz of meds. Then there were over 200 attendees @ $20 each, plus if you want to judge that was $50 and there were 63 judges. Then the vendor tables were 75.00 a piece.
These are all numbers that he has posted, count the money.

pp69

pikes peak 69, I would suggest maybe Marco might lend assistance to your state in holding these types of events in the future. Marco has the patients in mind 100% of the time and I'm certain your next gathering would benefit from his input.

Marco, thanks for all you have done and continue to do on behalf of patients.

puphdown

To all you guys complaining about the event, maybe next year you should come with some funk and represent. Only our crew @ the cup brought the funk.

Everything else there looked like average dispensary bud, small, chemy, bland. There were a few decent strains, but, i was hoping to try some good new flavors and ended up puffing my own herb all night.

Hopefully next year there are a few more entries and a lot more vapes in the house.

pikes peak 69

WHY would I or anyone else want to go to his event and pay fees to brag about our funk (as you call it). Everybody that has gotten some of my MEDICINE has never complained and were quite complimentary about it.
His events are only about the money. Since when do you have a contest on how good a medicine is? Next you'll be wanting to compare anti-depressants, dick hardening pills and pain pills. That sounds to "Big Pharma" mentality.

Thanks but no thanks,

pp69

To all you guys complaining about the event, maybe next year you should come with some funk and represent. Only our crew @ the cup brought the funk.

Everything else there looked like average dispensary bud, small, chemy, bland. There were a few decent strains, but, i was hoping to try some good new flavors and ended up puffing my own herb all night.

Hopefully next year there are a few more entries and a lot more vapes in the house.

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Since when do you have a contest on how good a medicine is?
pp69

That is the thing pp69, I don't believe this has anything to do with medicine or patients. It is simply people who grow marijuana, most likely a long career servicing their communities and they are proud of their new-found freedom to express themselves.

I'm not saying the 'funk' isn't pleasing or admirable yet, the focus is definitely not on the medical marijuana aspect.

TheStrainMan

Veteran
This event was not medicinal in nature and trampled far over the recreational line. It was poorly planned and disorganized. It was also utterly misleading that "no medicine would be dispensed", while 3 dispensaries who paid the vendor fees were selling buds from their tables all night long. So they took $20 each from the unfortunate judges, many of whom went home empty-handed, never even getting a turn at one of the few vaporizers at the event.

I got to at least open a bunch of jars across the 'vendors' tables and at the very least, I draw from this event many of the buds were exceptional for 2 out of the 3. The dispensary in the middle was just out of its league quality-wise (smell, looks, bag-appeal) compared to the others' jars I opened.

Latest posts

Latest posts