What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1KW - 4X4 Tent - 50 Plants - Mandela HashBerry

ShortStackz

Ya that kind of puts me off too. Get really impatient. Only ended up with one female out of like 3 seeds so just running it to see. If it purps up and is about 10 weeks than may keep her but if not than the mother is going outside for the summer. I'm actually looking more towards the modonna than the KF tho. Also got a herijuana might throw in too.

eyes

Veteran
those hashberries look really nice. id stay with what your familiar with and throw in about 20 percent of another strain as a test bed not to mess up the yield. i do agree madonna seems like a nice manageable strain with good density and a more realistic flower time. also, it wont stretch to the ceilings like k.f. i was gifted some kf.. ive yet to run her due to the large ass stretch.always keep your signature strain going.

i bet youd do nice with 16 plants under that 1000 on the ebb and flo table. i could see close to 56 grams coming off of em. especially in 3 gallon square containers- pro mix(for hand water) or coco or hydroton for flood.

ShortStackz

eyes, ya for sure I will stick my tried & tested strain. Only got about 4-5 KF and 6-8 madonna to try out. If it goes good more runs will be done. Hope it does because I'd like a few different strains to run from time to time.

The only reason I dont do bigger plants is because I just hate waiting for them to just veg. It kills me slowly inside not see buds grow. Also hydroton is really a no go. Pain in the ass to haul, clean, dispose of.

gtgio

I see this grow is from clone but did you grow the mom out from seed yourself? how is the uniformity, phenos etc? I'm stoked for my pack to arrive.

ShortStackz

gtgio, unfortunately I was gifted the mom as a clone so can't tell you about the different phenos. I have seen alot of other users in the mandala section post theres in flowering & they all look spot on with mines so I would say your should be too.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
my killing fields finished in 70ish days. not much longer than what you are running now. there are def phenos that will take longer but all 3 of mine were under 77 days. pink pheno was the fastest, dark purple in the middle and light green lemon pheno at ~11 weeks.

i miss her and would still have her around but it went from a few whiteflies to a few thousand whiteflies in a short period of time. nothing worked and they were deep into flower so i was afraid to spray anything. i LOVES me some S@nnie!

ive got one herijuana and one jackberry kush flowering right now and they look AMAZING. anything S@nnie touches turns to gold lol

Attachments

• PA040464.JPG
    PA040464.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 29
  • PA040474.JPG
    PA040474.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 32
  • PB110478.JPG
    PB110478.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 28

ShortStackz

^ Aww man. Your third pic is one of the main reasons why I want to try KF. Those plants look delicious. Unfortunately only one female out of like 3 seeds popped so I may or may not get a purple one.

eyes

Veteran
eyes, ya for sure I will stick my tried & tested strain. Only got about 4-5 KF and 6-8 madonna to try out. If it goes good more runs will be done. Hope it does because I'd like a few different strains to run from time to time.

The only reason I dont do bigger plants is because I just hate waiting for them to just veg. It kills me slowly inside not see buds grow. Also hydroton is really a no go. Pain in the ass to haul, clean, dispose of.

any medium is a pain in the ass. i hear ya though with the hydroton. im not sure how user friendly rockwool is towards the environment. i know coco is though.

eyes

Veteran
my killing fields finished in 70ish days. not much longer than what you are running now. there are def phenos that will take longer but all 3 of mine were under 77 days. pink pheno was the fastest, dark purple in the middle and light green lemon pheno at ~11 weeks.

i miss her and would still have her around but it went from a few whiteflies to a few thousand whiteflies in a short period of time. nothing worked and they were deep into flower so i was afraid to spray anything. i LOVES me some S@nnie!

ive got one herijuana and one jackberry kush flowering right now and they look AMAZING. anything S@nnie touches turns to gold lol

very dank. im gonna let the pollen fly on the killing fields when i do her. thats for sure. time to keep some seeds in there orginal form instead of losing them. very nice plants. how did they yield for u?

ShortStackz

Quick update. One more flush in 2-3 days and shes going down soon after.

First up a old Macro of previous KF in coco since we are talking about her.
picture.php

And the rest of the pics
picture.php

picture.php

mightyone

This grow just has me glued to the screen. Phenomenal. Brilliant. I hope to run something similar to this if I ever get started. It seems so neat and efficient.

I have no experience so I am confused. Is this considered hydro? I realize plants are just in rookwool but I am just a little unclear.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
that hashberry looks legit! do you get better yield in SOG then you do in bigger plants but less of them?

i got about 2 1/2 off of the 3 600w lights. not the best gpw but great for a high quality purple

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i saw how frosty those are and i think im gonna order a pack lol. ive wanted to go on a seed binge for a while. i just picked up critical og kush, tsi fly, sweet tooth and i wanna snag some c99 as well as some hashberry and maybe some others.

do any of you guys have experience with dinafem? they are pretty cheap and im always iffy about cheap seeds but mandala is cheap and he is legit from all of what ive seen.

ShortStackz

Mightyone, ya its still hydro. Basically any medium that supplies 0 nutrients or inert is considered hydro.

Desert, IDK about yield of SOG vs bigger plants. Only done SOG. Have been pondering the idea of doing less in those 8" I think big mama rockwool cubes. 2 1/2 off 1.8K watts isnt bad considering purps are usually low weight.

Ya man these are pretty frosty. Once dried you can just light shake over a screen and have it snowing. Considering the price of theses seeds I have been very impressed with the quality. I've had seeds cost $150 a pack before & this blows some of them out the water. Just shows lower price doesn't mean bunk shit.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
lol i thought dinafem was cheap but i didnt realize the site i was on was listing price per single seed. WOW, not as cheap as i thought. i think im gonna order more of S@nnies gear. he is always top notch. i think KF in your SOG with the right pheno would outyield that hashberry or at least tie it. i think im gonna send in for some again. im sad i lost it. i had a green pheno that was AMAZING. berries and gasoline. finished in 8 weeks and was super potent. i would love to find her again

gtgio

Hey shortstackz, check this stuff out. I got some of this weird medium to try my next round...Its like tiny rockwool cubes for putting in pots / trays. The cubes are about the size of hydroton. How well do you think it'd work?
http://grodan101.com/products/grodan-stonewool/loose/grow-chunks

I'm going to use small pots with about a 70-30 grow chunks / hydroton mix, I think it should work pretty well and make good use of the space. Ebb and flow, since I'm gonna have to be gone for 5 days at a time soon.

ShortStackz

^I've seen those before. Should work just fine. I actually break up the 4" cubes for use with the mother plants in 2-3 gal pots & there all good. So basically the same thing.

OldSkoolKlein

Hi ShortStackz. Just asking if you could put a shout out in the Mandala seeds forum with a link to this grow. They'd really like to see what can be done with Hashberry. If it's easier, just put a link to this grow when it's finished.

And I'm not surprised how little feeding you are using there, as Mandala's site in their fertilizing wisely section talks about how much they have to water down the nutes. It has to do with their lineage.

But nice work anyway

ShortStackz

^No problem. I'll post the harvest shots here & in the Mandala section with the link to this grow at the end of the week.