What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1k vertical Doughnut round two

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Thanks for the feedback, I will be careful not to scorch the ladies..

Last run, I did not have the buckets against the walls with the 600w, I am hoping to get the plants about 9 inches further from the light all the way around. Hopefully, this is far enough away from the 1k that they dont scorch.. If there is a problem, I can always throw the 600 + 400 back in the mix and save the 1k for other ventures....

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Do you have photos of or a schematic of the vertical "Yo Yo" mover? I'd love to see Vert bulbs traveling 3 - 4' up and down.

:joint:

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
I have no photos/schematics as of yet, I basically followed Marlo's success with converting a normal light mover for vert. The mover is mounted on the wall rather than the ceiling.. You mount a pulley on the ceiling and use a cable to pull the light up and down...

I would include a photo but I haven't installed it yet because I'm in veg stage and not needing a mover yet.. I did mock it up in my garage and it certainly works..

I will include extensive photos when I install it and put it into action....

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
.......oh..this is going to be sooooo good!....

picture.php

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
I haven't updated in a while, it's been slow progress as predicted..

I am hurting myself right off the get go with my choice to run multi strain with hammered clones rather than mono crop with known producers..

I did this for two reasons, first off, I wanted to run the Magenta 99 really bad and I like to have several choices of strains to smoke since this grow is really for personal stash and not to make money..

Next reason is that my lease is up in 3 months and I had to get something going right away, now or never.. I may just renew the lease but I have my eyes on a larger place and want to be able to move if it works out so I have to act like this is my last run in this location.. I'm running out of time and have to finish this run no matter the results..

The Hydro system is performing perfectly and required no attention so far.. Since I have so many strains, and most of the clones were on their last breath of life when I put them in this setup I wound up with a couple laggers.. Most of them have taken off and begun to veg nicely but I have two runts that refuse to get with the program...

I am currently looking for some decent sized clones (above average) to replace them but if I can't find anything, I will just re-arrange the plants so there is a monster bush on either side of the runts and attempt to train the bigger ones into the voids the runts leave..

This run is going to be a real challenge to get a decent yield but has potential for good reward if I pull it off..

So, I got that out of the way, lets see what happens and have some fun with this, see what a poorly planned vert grow can produce with limited resources in short order with lots of veg time lol....

Here is a couple pics of my current situation, just picked up a 600w MH for veg, trying to get the 1k sorted as it looks like I should throw it in very soon..

picture.php
[/IMG]

picture.php
[/IMG]

B

B. Self Reliant

Lookin' great. If you have a couple runts that refuse to pull through & catch up, I have a feeling your other plants will take the opportunity to fill in any gaps in the canopy.

Does that really tiny one have any stretch to her?

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Lookin' great. If you have a couple runts that refuse to pull through & catch up, I have a feeling your other plants will take the opportunity to fill in any gaps in the canopy.

Does that really tiny one have any stretch to her?

She has just begun to stretch, you can kinda see in the pic the top shoot coming from a very dense ball of branches that are stalled.. She is finally shooting a couple of straggly roots out of a 10" net pot, maybe she will take off.

She is one of the Magenta 99 cuts that was in soil and barely kept alive for 4 months or so while I couldn't care for her.. I'm goin to cross my fingers and give her more time to recover..

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Forgot to mention, the other small one has certainly started heavy growth just much later than her sisters.. I think that one will be ok...

The others look like they could use some elbow room later on so I can re-arrange them anytime as it would only take a minute to swap them around to another bucket..

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Here is what I get for going multi strain... I know I am making it very difficult on myself here but I really enjoy the variety since I will be smoking the majority of this pull myself..

Maybe I will try to max multi strain gorws for a while, it certainly will get my canopy management skills in tune... I have the chicken wire on the ceiling and miles of string, going to try my best with this mixed batch of weeds..

The growth from 4 of the ladies is startling, they are full speed and as good as I have seen in any system, I need to stagger them and begin training them to be wider right away so they can pick up the slack from the laggers..

I have a feeling this run is going to be a humbling experience.

Here they are...

picture.php
[/IMG]

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
You sup aero, sorry to see your having 'straggler' issues they always suck major donkey cawk bro.

Are you gonna get rid of the really small one, don't look like it's gonna make the grade... Looks like a couple extra week of veg should set you straight

Oh and the others are looking good btw :)

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
You sup aero, sorry to see your having 'straggler' issues they always suck major donkey cawk bro.

Are you gonna get rid of the really small one, don't look like it's gonna make the grade... Looks like a couple extra week of veg should set you straight

Oh and the others are looking good btw :)

The small one is testing my patience, I want her so badly.. I was going to rip her out but I noticed some strong roots, a sign she might kick in..

I do have a friend that has offered to donate an 18" clone but I can't make the connection for a week... My plan is to watch this little one until I can pick up a replacement..

benjuanman

Veteran
Loved your last grow Aero so will be eagerly awaiting the updates with this one! Was wondering what the distance was from the bulb to your bucket centres thnx?

D

DHF

I always bitch everybody out bout not monocroppin for max returns , but since this is your cross to bear and will all be consumed by you for the most part , I totally understand about havin different shit ta pick from so as not ta develop a tolerance/get burnt out on any 1 particular variety....

That said......all yas can do is spread em out and develop yer canopy as best as yas can , but as yas said.....runs under yer belt to develop grower skills can`t be a bad thingy even if yas don`t kill it every single run ya heard ?......

Gladta see yas back in da saddle Bro.....Handle it....

Peace....Freds......:ying:.....

St3ve

I always have several strains in the same system. Between defoliating (to stunt growth) and training you can usually get close enough to keeping them nice an even.

G

greenmatter

^^^^^ sounds simple ........ wish it was. doable yes, easy not so much