What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1k vertical Doughnut round two

Grizz

Veteran
that valley og is one bad cut, bad as in great, hardest thing to root i have ever had but the end product is AAA

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Sounds like everything is coming together!

I've run the same cut of LA Confidential on & off for 6 years now. She doesn't do well in multi-strain grows because she vegges so slowly. She's the most unique ganj I've ever grow in terms of vegging needs and growth patterns. She'll need 3-4 months of veg time to finish at a similar size to the others, assuming your still planning on giving them about 2 months of veg time. My buddies & I call her "The Great Oak Tree" because she veggers so slowly and the branches are so stiff & hard to train. Great product though. Just thought you should know in case you haven't run LAC before.

After watching your last grow I built myself a "mini-donut". . . can't wait to see another run!

Good lookin out, this is the kind of info I needed, I almost ran that cut.. Thanks for saving me the trouble...

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
I think I got everything but lets double check...

3/4" fittings? -...name brand?? (plumbing department I am guessing?)
1- 8w pump in reservoir feeding custom manifold...is for top feeding?
what pump is slowly moving the water?

bleach- ? spoons per gallon? how often?
bayer advanced pest products -Narnia?

did I miss any tricks...?...yoda

The 3/4 fittings are made by Hydro Farm and I picked them up at local grow store. They don't have them at Home Depot.

The 8 watt pump was last run feeding one bucket, this run Im using a 40 watt Beckett pond pump to feed all 8 buckets.. The water is slowly moved back to the res by gravity through the 3/4 lines.

Bleach, I use around 5 drops per gallon, I add a few drops to the res when I don't smell a faint odor of bleach when removing the lid to the res..

Bayer products: Im using Bayer advanced to treat for root aphids since the clones are of unknown origin.

Bayer Advanced treats everything except spider mites for these I use Bayer Complete. These can be found at most stores including Home Depot.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
The 3/4 fittings are made by Hydro Farm and I picked them up at local grow store. They don't have them at Home Depot.

The 8 watt pump was last run feeding one bucket, this run Im using a 40 watt Beckett pond pump to feed all 8 buckets.. The water is slowly moved back to the res by gravity through the 3/4 lines.

Bleach, I use around 5 drops per gallon, I add a few drops to the res when I don't smell a faint odor of bleach when removing the lid to the res..

Bayer products: Im using Bayer advanced to treat for root aphids since the clones are of unknown origin.

Bayer Advanced treats everything except spider mites for these I use Bayer Complete. These can be found at most stores including Home Depot.

Can you clarify the Bayer as this is what I have and it only has clover mites listed for mites.

I personally am using abamectin for mites currently. 1/4 tsp per gallon. It is sold by the quart for $100 and will last you forever. It kills the eggs and adults. But I think it is good to switch around to prevent immunity in the mites to one product.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
The Bayer bottle you pictured is the one I use to kill root aphids.. I'm pretty sure the Bayer I used for mites said complete up in the red portion of the label instead of advanced. I will have to check the bottle and let you know...

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I used Bayer "Tree and Shrub" in a blue bottle, it was not labeled as the photo above. I bought mine at Home Depot a few years back.

:joint:

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
The tree and shrub version contains nutrients and lacks the B-Cyfluthrin (AKA Tempo) there are lots of Bayer products to choose from, we seem to be using different variations..

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
OK, I have 7 of 8 buckets filled, just picking one more for number 8..

So I have:

Magenta99 Buckets #1, 2
Hindu Kush X Blueberry Buckets #3, 4, 5
Romulan Buckets #6, 7

I still might change my mind if something better happens along in the near future but I have dropped these choices in the system..

benjuanman

Veteran
Tagged

Tagged

He's Baaaack!!!
picture.php

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
I have been trying to post pics but no luck and it's driving me crazy!!

Anyway, thread will have to be on hold for the moment until I can get this pic problem sorted..

I even installed Firefox thinking it was my browser but it just either posts a dead link, or it posts a little red X grrrrrrrrr Sometimes it blows away my entire post with a pic but won't post even that......

Aero,

In your threads you and other's say to continually give haircuts...what about spinning the plants. Like 1/4 turn daily or every other day? With your RDWC setup could'nt you just spin the 10" net pot?

prowler

Aero,
In your threads you and other's say to continually give haircuts...what about spinning the plants. Like 1/4 turn daily or every other day? With your RDWC setup could'nt you just spin the 10" net pot?

Spinning the plants manually will drop your numbers.

You have such a tight, squeaky clean hole mister...I just wanna plunge in !! Peace homie

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Aero,

I still think trimming is the best option, spinning them manually would have to be done frequently and accurately, don't think I could keep up.

It will also become impossible to rotate the net pots once the roots swallow the air stones and lines..

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
I got the picture issues sorted, system upgraded to 3/4" lines and clones dropped in the system. Pics to follow soon..