What's new

1k Organic Closet Grow, Need expert advice!

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Just found this site recently and am really impressed. Hoping one of the many experts here can help me with the problem I'm having.

This is my first grow and up until this point it has been going great. I invested the money in getting all the best stuff and doing it right so it would be nice to figure out the problem here.

Starting about a week and a half ago The plants, mainly 3 of the Master Kush's, started showing brown dots on some of the leaves which would eventually lead to browning, curling up, and dying, with the stem being purple. Now the Bubba are showing yellowing on some of the leaves, and the Master still has the dots/ curling up at the tips probelm.

A quick bit of info on the set up:

Fox Farm all the way w/ Ocean Forest Soil, Rhizotonic, Grow Big, Big Bloom, and the supplements Open Seseme, Beastie Bloomz, and Cha Ching, and lastly good old Molasses.

Using a 1000 watt Sun System Ballast, Switchable between HPS/MH with Sun System Yield Master II - 4 Inch Reflector with glass insert and an Eye Hortilux HPS bulb. One end with 4inch ducting which passes through a 180 CFM inline fan, through a Y connector and out the door. Air from the room gets sucked through a 4 inch axil fan at end of the light.

On the other end of the Y connector is a Eclipse 210cfm quiet inline with a Deau Passe Charcoal Filter on it.

There are pics of all this on that thread at GrassCity.

Temp tends to be around 82 but can vary between 75-85 depending on time of day and other factors

Humidity stays between 30 and 50

2 Bubba Kush and 4 Master Kush got as clones at a dispensary.

Appreciate any help guys!

Here is the feeding schedule up to this point today followed by pics taken tonight. They will most likely need to be fed tomorrow, was thinking as of now of doing a half dose of Grow Big and Big Bloom with Riz..?

PICTURES OF PROBLEM IN MY GALLERY

Last edited:

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
I'm guessing I can't put links in because I'm a new member, so I uploaded them to my gallery, you can check them out that way. Initially I uploaded them all myself to a image hosting service but the forum wouldn't let me put the link in here.

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What STRAIN are you growing?
What was the establishing technique? (Were the seed or clone?)
What is the age of your plants?
How tall are the plants?
What PHASE are the plants in? (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?
What Technique are you using?
What substrate/medium are you using?(Hydroton, RockWool etc.)
What is the Water temperature?
What color are your roots? White? Brown? Are your roots slimy?
What Nutrient's are you using? How much of each if using multiple?
What is the PH going in?
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using?
What is the pH of medium
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equiptment?
When was your last watering?
When was your last feeding change? (ie. grow-bloom-micro-additional)
How often do you clean your system: example: Flush out water replace with clean water and nutrients?
What size bulb are you using?
What is the distance to the canopy?
What is your RH Factor?
What is the canopy temperature?
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range)
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)
Is the fan blowing directly at plants?
Is your water HARD or SOFT?
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When?
Are plant's infected with pest's

G

"Your crazzy." (nacho libre) First thing I think of is a cal/mag deficency either caused by lock out or incomplete nutrients.

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Sorry forgot to do the list of questions:

What STRAIN are you growing? 2 Bubba Kush 4 Master Kush
What was the establishing technique? Clones from Clinic
What is the age of your plants? See Feeding chart in gallery
How tall are the plants? About 36 inches
What PHASE are the plants in? Flower
What Technique are you using? Soil
What substrate/medium are you using?(Hydroton, RockWool etc.) Clones came in small rockwall cubes which were then transplanted to the 5 gallon buckets
What is the Water temperature? Room temp, around 70's
What color are your roots? White? Brown? Are your roots slimy? White, not slimy.
What Nutrient's are you using? How much of each if using multiple? See feeding chart
What is the PH going in? 7.0-7.4 after feeding with neuts
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equiptment? I have the 'rapidtest' PH thing that was only $7 so I wouldn't exactly put my life on the line for it.
When was your last watering? Because of the flush and big feeding, its been about 5 days (see feeding chart) They will need a feeding today
How often do you clean your system: example: Flush out water replace with clean water and nutrients? See feeding chart. Ive only flushed once, which was about a week ago
What size bulb are you using? 1k Eye Hortilux HPS
What is the distance to the canopy? 24 inches
What is your RH Factor? Goes between 30 and 50
What is the canopy temperature?
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range) 75-85
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) Eclipse 210cfm quiet inline with a Deau Passe Charcoal Filter on it and a 180 CFM inline fan for the light heat.
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? Have 2 small house fans blowing on them
Is your water HARD or SOFT? ?
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? Up until the problem started I was using all Purified water that I bought at CVS. Once the problem started I switched to tap water because I was starting to think it was a Mag def.
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched Once the problem started I've been trimming the dead leaves which is why it doesnt look as awful as it could in the pictures
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When? No
Are plant's infected with pest's No

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Just added more pictures taken this morning in my gallery

About to offer a reward for info leading to the cause of this lol. So frustrating. Its definitely still progressing, just not as fast. Today they will need to be fed. Thinking half dose of Grow Big and Big Bloom.

Any advice would be appreciated

G

Just looked at your gallery and it is a nitrogen deficency. It looks like your 4 -5 weeks into flowering right. There are a couple of possible fixes you can use but I would like to know how far along they are first. Good thingn is its not an emergancy.

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
If you go to the second page of my image gallery it has the feeding schedule. Switched to 12/12 on December 6th.

G

I was looking at that. When i first started growing I would switch to flower ferts imediately. I always had some spots or something else by the end of the grow. After awhile I decided the plant is not truly flowering for the first two weeks of 12/12. So I started usind half bloom and half veg up to the second week of flowering and problem solved. What you could do is add 1/3 or 1/4 veg formula to your fert routine and it would probably green up. I use 1/3 veg fert through out the grow and I get big yields and nearly perfect looking plants until the end. But what I will also say is your plants look pretty health other than the nitrogen def. Here are a couple shots of some ak 47 and kushage so you can get an Idea of what my plants look like. ( you were watching football this whole time huh)

Keep in mind these plants were being flushed already. I dont really want to see yellowing leaves until after 6 weeks in a 8 -10 week strain. All these flowers are 8-9 weeks into flowering.

Last edited:

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Yes, all FoxFarm food/nutes. Very nice looking grow you have I checked out your other pics as well. Your theory might be correct there I just couldn't believe how they went south after looking so flawless.

My plan was to do Rizotonic, and then 1/2 Recommended Veg food and 1/2 Recommended Bloom food was curious if you agree, and technically I should be on beastie blomz but haven't used it yet because of the problem. Should I add that as well or just do the Veg/Bloom food first?

They are pretty thirsty finally after the big flush/feeding it took them 4 or 5 days to be hungry again so I want to make sure I give them the right dose.

Last edited:
G

A flush may be why the problem progressed rapidly. You made a hungry plant really hungry. I THINK i WOULD MAKE SUBTLE CHANGES TRY 1/ 3 VEG IF THEY PERK UP ADD A LITTLE MORE. Damn hit caps lock. Do you use the nutes at the recomended dose on the bottle or do you feed a little weaker. Are those nutes all organic? Onre thing about growing is dont do major changes late in flowering. A few bad leaves wont spoil your crop. Minor tweaks are fine but dont do drastic changes. When every thing is just right you wont need to flush until theh last two weeks.

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
I've been using less then the reccomended. They say to use all their stuff every other watering, as you can see from the chart I def haven't been doing that. If you go to FoxFarm's website you can see all the products there... As far as I know they are all organic. I'm starting to think more and more that its from a lack of nutes.

Veg Food recommends 1 teaspoon per gallon if every watering, 2-3 for heavy feeding

Bloom Food recommends 4 tablespoons per gallon if every watering, 1/2 cup if heavy feeding.

Only other thing I'd be adding is the Rhizotonic. What do you think?

G

I dont think you can go wrong feeding at the recomended strenght. Its been some time since I used FF ferts but they are great products. Dont be afraid to use them at recomended strenght. Be patient , it may take a week or so before you see improvement. But dont worry the will be fine. I would feed them every other watering. I think you were already on the right track. Let me know how things are going. Or if I can help out any more.

Last edited:

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
og,

I really appreciate all your help. I gave them recc. dosages on both last night. After the water seeped into the saucers, they actually sucked it back up into the pots within 30 mins so they were def. thirsty.

I guess all I can do now is wait. If they look any different I will put up new pics today if not then tomorrow.

Thanks again. Now I just gotta find some amazing clones for the next batch lol.

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
What is the runoff ph? Water with 7 ph water until the soil is saturated, wait a bit, water some more to produce runoff, collect and test. This should be around 6.5.

G

Dont underestimate the value of good clones. I grew out some thseeds bukukush and look at this shit. Do you still have access to og and buba.

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
master and bubba, and no. I got them from a co-op on Sunset Blvd. while they did look very healthy, it obviously wasn't my first choice, as I hadn't discovered this forum or WT yet. I agree its incredibly important and I'm willing to drive wherever in LA county to get good ones

G

Why would they not be your first choice? Those are some famous strains.

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
because I wasn't knowledgeable enough to know if I was making the right choices for my set up and I didnt really have any other choice that i knew of, thats all.

Latest posts

Latest posts