What's new

1gram per watt

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
i gauge my sucess on the 1 oz per gal soil used not on gpw but i'll bet im real close to 1gpw i'll find out my next full run :)

MrDank

Veteran
I used to have a Shishkaberry that would always yield me 4 oz's per plant and I used to be able to easily fit 9 under a 1000w HPS. That's right at 1 gram/watt

MTF-Sandman

OG Refugee
Veteran
I've got 1 pheno of Shiva that pulls right at 1 gpw in a SOG (36 per 1k)...but the smoke is kinda boring IMO.

we've managed over a gram per watt one a number of occasions . . . it's not impossible at all . . .

in fact we believe that total yields of 2 gram per watt can be achieved . . . at least in theory . . . but that would take a perfectly dialed in grow . . . and would include C02 additions and every other "trick" in the book . . .

one "secret" is that a pair of 600 watt bulbs will outperform a 1000 watter all the time . . . and we've seen three 600 watt bulbs (totaling 1800 watts) outperform a pair of 1000 watt lights . . . so we do believe there's some additional efficiencies in properly devised multi-light set-ups . . . and we also believe that 600 watt lights give the best overall performance because they can be closer to plants than 1000 watt lights . . .

we should also have mentioned that yields are VERY MUCH dependent on the strain . . . some strains don't have the potential to yield a gram or more per watt . . .

some of the best herbs we know aren't the ones that produce the best gram per watt ratio . . . and as medical users we are more interested in quality than quantity these days . . . so our current strain choices aren't necessarily the ones that have grown the biggest . . .

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i use 1 600w and the plant i like at the moment will easy do 2oz + at less than a meter tall , so on paper 10 plants in 10 ltr pots will squezze under a 600 nice
im growing 8 of them this run :joint:

fatboyOGOF

my biggest crop was 672 grams under a 1000 watt hps. that's 24 oz. my first crop with the same setup up was 8 oz so i've improved a bit. :)

then again, all my genetics are based on the quality of the high as opposed to large yeilders. i'm pretty sure i could hit the 1 gram mark if i grew nothing but one of my larger yeilders like stonehedge or a good ssh pheno.

my room is only 5' x 5.5' so it's pretty crowded in there and i'm pretty lazy. i could definately take better care of the plants, like they could be watered/fed alot more. someday i'll do everything right and see how close i get to the magic number.

later

oh the obsession--lmao...1g per watt...

My first time around pulled about the same as fatboy .67 g per watt for a 1000w producing about 24oz. However, the second time around did about 34oz or 958g. Close, but no cigar. This is pure nugz. I'm pleased with both rounds.

Doing that ak w/ about 750ppm co2

Neuronaut

I got .65 with my very first hydro grow using ak47...then had to shut my grow down because of a design flaw. I was happy with the .65 since it was a seed grow... could have done a lot better from clones. Hopefully i can get it up to atleast .8 when I get it working properly.

cannaboy

Critical mass seems to far surpass HDF on taste and yield don't know if I get 1GPW but one packet of 10 will be great for finding a frosty 1 or a big moma my last biggest 4 were in 11 ltr pots hand fed in coco by canna coco and a few advanced nutrients and final yield after 68 days 12/12 I useda 400w origionally but the beasts needed more light. 543 g of a 400w/week 1/3 600w full bloom need it..in my life.. pukka stuff from the ...

LGA

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
I see this mythical one-gram-per-watt goal discussed all the time, and it got me thinking. I guess it's really just a sort of measure of how optimized your growing conditions are. But for someone like me who grows from seed, it is close to impossible to optimize space-wise. On average, around half of my plants turn out to be males. That means on average, about half my space is wasted. Sure, there are ways around this, but I'm very limited in how much and how often I can grow.

For me, I can fit 8 plants in my space so I usually end up with 4 females. To get one gram per watt with my 500 watts of light, I'd have to get over 4 oz per plant. Never going to happen, at least not for me.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Uh, I am a D student. I flowered this one in a 5 gal bucket in a 11" net pot with 4"RW in hydrotone. She was under the same lame 750bulb that has been in there for 3+ years. I am just getting back into the swing of things, so I didn't have an airstone for her and the res temps were way to high .60GPW. I'll take my D but I'm coming back next quarter!

Peace, :joint: