What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1989 NL 5

Gangabudd

My 1989 NL 5 that is currently being auctioned at the Seed Depot are F3s on my end, but it was obviously a worked line already. They were made from seed provided from the original stock of '89 NL 5 that were never released due to the breeder's incarceration. They cannot be called Sensi as they never made it to the that year's catalog.

They did not come from bodhi or maddfarmer, although the female clone they have was mother to my seed, but that clone was donated to them from a mutual friend we all share. I chose to take the seed, not the clone, for the specific purpose of hunting a male to preserve the seed. I still have the male and am planning F4 BX1 for regular release sometime in the next year.

I don't hang here, but I will pop in to check this thread. Please feel free to ask me any questions you like, other than who handed me the seeds because I am not allowed to share that.

And, here's some pics for you. If you're old enough to remember her, then you recognize her. I am very excited to have the opportunity to reintroduce this girl to the breeding pool, which is why I specifically put 15 in the auction packs, so that others can work with her and get her stable genetic back in the pool.

The NL5 I recall although similar in structure had huge typically indica shaped shade leaves and the plants were capable of producing huge massive yields, how does your version stack up for weight and do you have any images of it in veg only which you can upload please as to be honest I don't recall as much resin and this particular specimen reminds me more of the shiva shanti cross or similar. Thanks

Bud Jones

Ok buddy. yea your right...there are a handful of growers with cuts from back in 1989.....question is do you know any???

HAHA DOUBT IT

peace
Chefboy
I do . AK Baked Beans . The Romulan crew . Bob Hemphill, Kagyu1 .. Just to name a few that have cuts that old .

Bud Jones

This look like NL5?
picture.php

G

Mr nice ortega nl#1 x nl#5:tiphat: first 3 my girl last pic nevs seedbank.

Attachments

• DSC00381.jpg
    DSC00381.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC00384.jpg
    DSC00384.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC00386 (2).jpg
    DSC00386 (2).jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 8dadfd2983aff750315c1f979db4bac37c489011_1_199x300.jpg
    8dadfd2983aff750315c1f979db4bac37c489011_1_199x300.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 61

ambertrichome

Veteran
The Original NL5 is clone only, made by the NDNguy, and was around in 1984. Nevil go it, and hybridized it.

Swami Organic Seeds has Nevils 1988 Original LTD Release NL5 x Haze Bx back to the Original.. not Nevils NL5.

The Original NL5 is different/ but related vs Nevils hybrid.

The Swami NL5/Haze is also extremely potent, and can flower up to 100 days. Bx to the Original NL5 clone brings it down ( Some of it ) to 65 days. These plants are extremely frosted, and potent.
Nevils NL5/Haze is also very different vs Sensi Seeds release.
Im also not positive, but I believe Nevils LTD Release 88 NL5/Haze used the Original NL5 clone vs Nevils Hybrid. Sensi used Nevils Hybrid.

NL#5 x NL#5/Haze Bx1 Indica line $100
NL#5 x NL#5/Haze Bx1 Sativa line $100

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4Y1ZX1JmXh/

Last edited:

JetLife175

Veteran
The Original NL5 is clone only, made by the NDNguy, and was around in 1984. Nevil go it, and hybridized it.

Swami Organic Seeds has Nevils 1988 Original LTD Release NL5 x Haze Bx back to the Original.. not Nevils NL5.

The Swami NL5/Haze is also extremely potent, and can flower up to 100 days. Bx to the Original NL5 clone brings it down ( Some of it ) to 65 days. These plants are extremely frosted, and potent.
Im also not positive, but I believe Nevils LTD Release 88 NL5/Haze used the Original NL5 clone vs Nevils Hybrid. Sensi used Nevils Hybrid.

Ndnguy is not “the Indian”. I don’t know where you got that from.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club

I could spend $100 on a simple pack of NL#5 x NL#5/Haze OR I can make my own cross of 89' NL#5 x NL#5/HazeA and have a ton of seeds to pheno hunt thru