What's new

1989 NL 5

...CR500AF...

I have never looked up the stories of BOEL but from my limited info, where they not surfers that spread seeds ?, and bud everywhere they where surfing ? Always sounded like a pretty cool deal...:)

Last edited:

acespicoli

I wish I would have met a good nl5 back 1990 only nl I got reminded me of grass the hay type
it has some resin but nothing debilitating, so is nl lame or I just had some poor examples?

To be fair the orange sunshine was still running strong thru the GD camps so powerful weed
probably wasent hitting like it should have ...

Last edited:

William76

Nev found his nl5 cut in a batch of nl1 f3,the same nl1 f3 he released in the seedbank catalogue in the late 80,s,he said this himself,it's how his nl5(the famous 1)was pure indica.the American 5 that he got later did have a touch Thai in it but didn't hold a candle to nevs 5.people forget nl was unknown most places,until nevil worked it then sold it and the seedbank made nl famous.and those folks that keep bringing up old habits are just jealous of what he achieved.nobodys done more since,same with haze.nevil made it famous.76

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Nev found his nl5 cut in a batch of nl1 f3,the same nl1 f3 he released in the seedbank catalogue in the late 80,s,he said this himself,it's how his nl5(the famous 1)was pure indica.the American 5 that he got later did have a touch Thai in it but didn't hold a candle to nevs 5.people forget nl was unknown most places,until nevil worked it then sold it and the seedbank made nl famous.and those folks that keep bringing up old habits are just jealous of what he achieved.nobodys done more since,same with haze.nevil made it famous.76
So there's no Hawaiian in Nevils NL5?

Raho

Veteran
Hi William.
Please post the quote from Nev where "he said this himself" with a link to it on MNS.
Thanks

William76

Wasn't at mns,was a whileback and a I ain't going to go hunting believe it or not,I couldn't care less,the american nl5 and nevils were not the same cutting.76

William76

It's why he also said alot of the good indica sire lines can be traced back to nl1 its an excellent breeder,he used it many times on quite a few lines that were winners.76

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Nevil thought that Nl5 (the cutting) contained thai, but then corrected himself when the Hawaiian thing came out, the Nl5 he got later was lower for several reasons, including the fact that a seedline is not like a cutting selected...
A lot of info is written all over the place, and even Seattle Greg explained it a few times....

William76

Nevil thought that Nl5 (the cutting) contained thai, but then corrected himself when the Hawaiian thing came out, the Nl5 he got later was lower for several reasons, including the fact that a seedline is not like a cutting selected...
A lot of info is written all over the place, and even Seattle Greg explained it a few times....
Yea,he said the american 5 wasn't anywhere as good as his 5,he thought there's had a touch Thai(the others said later it was hawain )and also nevil said the american 5 didn't particularly look like his either.he found and used his 5 before he finally got a cut of the american 5 which he dropped soon after getting.back at the start nevil didn't hide his breeding practices,he said what he used openly,it was only later(mr nice etc) that lineages got vague.76

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Please post the quote of him "corrected himself" because from what I remember Nevil left the forums before the Hawaiian BS came out.
The Thai is not Nevil's thought it's the lineage Greg originally gave Nevil back in 84/85, an Afghan x (Afghan x Thai) aka Steve Murphy's Afghan Bx.

Raho

Veteran
Wasn't at mns,was a whileback and a I ain't going to go hunting believe it or not,I couldn't care less,
I'm just trying to figure out where you heard Nevil "say" what you claim.
What you said and what I remember from MNS are different.

I feel the same way about looking up his old posts over there for people, but then, I'm not the one up here making posts that "Nevil said."
If you are gonna do that, you should be ready to back it up. Just saying.
Unless of course you are one of the people who were "Nevil's friend" years ago and this is something he whispered in your ear personally. Is that how you heard Nevil say this himself?

the american nl5 and nevils were not the same cutting.76
That's commonly agreed on, but that's not what you said that I am asking about.
You claimed Nev said that his NL5 cut was selected from NL#1 f3.
I have never seen a post from him where he said that and I've read most of them.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Please post the quote of him "corrected himself" because from what I remember Nevil left the forums before the Hawaiian BS came out.
The Thai is not Nevil's thought it's the lineage Greg originally gave Nevil back in 84/85, an Afghan x (Afghan x Thai) aka Steve Murphy's Afghan Bx.
I have to look around but I will find it...

William76

Ur right royal,nev said he thot it was thai,they later said it was hawaian,u got to remember,alot of nevils posts were deleted as well at mns once shanti realised nev was making a comeback himself,nev never worked at mns breeding,he just sold/gave shanti his stock.and we all know that once he got them lineages became real murky u love mns that much raho?,iv a pack of there black widow u can have If u want them?,I don't grow hemp and I'd be afraid to feed them to the birds,they'd probably choke on them.and why do u want me to send the link to this info to mns?,so they can rubbish it.no.ask hempy,he may remember it or hav it saved if any1 has.76,