What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

18 x 200 gal smartpots, Northern California, LVPK, Cherry Kush, OG kush, LA Con

S

Smoke Buddy

Looks like fun Y4P215! Ill be here to watch the show bro. I have a small outdoor this year myself but someday Id love to just go for it and get some of those big pots. Looking forward to seeing your LVPK in the outdoors. I have been growing a cut called purple brolick which is LVPK x Bubba/Haze for a while so now shes in the ground out back. I am also in norcal but in the valley. Love the last couple weeks weather for extreme growth. even the 2 100 degree plus days with 20 mph winds didnt seem to bother them.
Good luck on the season bro!
:rasta:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yea they definately exploded in the last 2 weeks but they are still kind of small because of those 2 weeks of fuckery weather.....my babies are only half the size of GanjaD's and some of the other big timers.......estimated yeild is only 3# per 200 due to space constraints and not vegging them early enough but still hopin for the best!

christen23

Looks great! They are starting to take off and are gonna be monsters in no time! Still 3 each aint bad.. Peace
~POE~

nomaad

Veteran
Looking good, YesProp.

Two things... First, I think you would do better with a Blue Dream rthat is a fresh clone in a 3 gallon pot and currently 2-3 feet tall rather than one that has been used as a Mom. i don;t know if you sourced them or what as i did not read every word of this entire thread and may have missed a thing or two...

The other thing is... at the very least, turn down the edges of the smart pots... those floppy messy ends are going to collect all manner of crap... I have seen mice living in sloppy spots like that. Your pics will be nicer too.

I am using Greenfields in all my new pots and the blackboxes this year. Had fine success with it alongside FFOF last year.

Slangheat

Sup Yes4prop, wanted to rep ya and just say yo and that I'm diggin it man... but apparently I've spread too much your way lately LOL.

Looks to me like you and your partner are doing good so far man best of luck on that harvest. I live a bit south of Chico and we've been seeing the same weather in our gardens so far. Hope the rain went lightly on you today - mine shouldered it well.

BTW...I really like Nomaads advice on the pot tidiness but I'm a clean-FREAK by nature and will almost always take drastic measures to make things look better even if nothing is really gained in functionality.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
haah yeah we already found a lizard living in there...il get on that next trip up there..thanks for the advica yall!

im looking to buy some 2-3 footers if anyone has them...we figured we are gonna try to SOG the lowlight side with 30s similar to yeoman..gonna throw some blackberry kush out there too..just trying to fill in those extra spaces...

vorzh

wutup boss

You got your feed regimen lined up already? Woke up early this morning to catch the sun rising on the garden, and i started to think: "man, how the hell can i feed these 30 plants for the next 3 months and not spend 10 racks..."

vorzh

Go organic and dont use so many bottled nutes .

Thanks jtk, this much i realized already.

My question was more: "Can i brew some minor organic tea and mix it with some bottled nutes", or, can i cost effectively brew my entire own tea, and will it be substantially cheaper than bottled nutes?"

I've got no interest in maintaining 'organic integrity' for this grow at least.

Thanks.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
for feeding we are simply top dressing with EWC...and my partner has been making his own little compost teas out of bat guano, molasses, some other things.....he brews them up in three 50 gal garbage can reservoirs...

i let him take care of feeding and water because hes there 24/7...im just there to help with the physical labor and to diagnose problems, and invest in supplies he needs...

Slangheat

Damn bro you sound like the kind of partner we all would like to have, good stuff!

Hot as hell this weekend, but the evening news showed a dude in AZ with his therm readin like 124 and officially it was 118 so I guess we can't bitch too much LOL.

Look forward to any pics you may have man have a Happy 4th.

T

Trinity Gold

Nice little trip you've got going man. Should be some fine smoke come fall even if you don't end up with the 5# per you were expecting...

For July you could pick up a little bit of growth if you threw some lights on them and just kept them in veg till about the 25th on a 24/0 cycle and then turn them off...

vorzh I checked your trip out you should get those plants off your deck in to some larger containers...at this point maybe some 45s ..Id put 3 bags of black gold and a half bag of sup-r-green and just water till harvest...can't get cheaper than that. Now is a good time to hit them with some 12-12-2.5 6% Peruvian Sea Bird Guano and cow manure...That would do your in ground plants justice..and again you would only need to water them.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
so is that black gold stuff good? my partner bought 10 bags of that stuff because he was gonna use that until i said we should use FF and Roots organic....

we used the black gold to "top dress" the 200 gals that were kinda low, so they are at the top and wont get any roots but the water will run through them and leech their nutes im assuming...

also i have some extra blood meal and bone beal......should i add this to the compost tea? whats the approx dosage for top dressing or adding into compost tea....

slangheat- i understand the importance of a balanced partnership in the game...seen alot of things break down because of poor management. my buddy could have easily found the scripts himself and paid for everything and he would be sitting on a fat harvest to himself....however he didnt do this so i came in very useful with my array of scripts ive collected from friends, etc...plus my genetics he would be flowering a bunch of 1 foot clones if i didnt bring in half my mother room for this......and i have spent at least 4-5k cash out of pocket for all supplies and other assorted costs already....everything is 50/50 now..i still have to buy a trim machine and a few dehueys if our harvest goes as planned without any rippers or LEO visits...KNOCK ON WOOD!!

i know folks always say partners are a risk in the game but this isnt some random business shit where we met on budtr@d3r or CL.....we been next door neighbors since 13, smoked and sold herb since forever...been planning things like this for years......already had a few successful ventures and hope to have bigger things going in the future...honestly we both know this year is very small and pretty much practice for 2012..

on a side note...he just bought a bass boat so we hittin the lake! they went out and caught 28 bass yesterday....good fishing in butte county right now!

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
so is that black gold stuff good? my partner bought 10 bags of that stuff because he was gonna use that until i said we should use FF and Roots organic....

we used the black gold to "top dress" the 200 gals that were kinda low, so they are at the top and wont get any roots but the water will run through them and leech their nutes im assuming...

also i have some extra blood meal and bone beal......should i add this to the compost tea? whats the approx dosage for top dressing or adding into compost tea....

slangheat- i understand the importance of a balanced partnership in the game...seen alot of things break down because of poor management. my buddy could have easily found the scripts himself and paid for everything and he would be sitting on a fat harvest to himself....however he didnt do this so i came in very useful with my array of scripts ive collected from friends, etc...plus my genetics he would be flowering a bunch of 1 foot clones if i didnt bring in half my mother room for this......and i have spent at least 4-5k cash out of pocket for all supplies and other assorted costs already....everything is 50/50 now..i still have to buy a trim machine and a few dehueys if our harvest goes as planned without any rippers or LEO visits...KNOCK ON WOOD!!

i know folks always say partners are a risk in the game but this isnt some random business shit where we met on budtr@d3r or CL.....we been next door neighbors since 13, smoked and sold herb since forever...been planning things like this for years......already had a few successful ventures and hope to have bigger things going in the future...honestly we both know this year is very small and pretty much practice for 2012..

on a side note...he just bought a bass boat so we hittin the lake! they went out and caught 28 bass yesterday....good fishing in butte county right now!

Hey 215...Butt County...Ah, my ol stompin grounds...Ya must be fishin L. Horoville?? LOL Anyhoo...lookin stellar! CC