What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

18 x 200 gal smartpots, Northern California, LVPK, Cherry Kush, OG kush, LA Con

JohnnyATL

Veteran
Good shit brother, I have 7 nirvana bubblicious clones that have been out for about a month now. Nothing like your 200g smart pots though. I gotta run guerilla but we will see how they turn out.

Im pulling up a chair!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
right on for all the love yall....so my friend is running the same Cherry Pie a few hundred miles away in mendocino county, same method 200 gals, FF soil, etc...hes saying the same thing...extra finicky plants, skimpy compared to his sours and bubbas, and his are even starting to preflower..

so we are thinking about actually digging out the cherry pies in good sunlight and putting a better strain like blue dream or LVPK instead....we are gonna run the cherry pies on the low light side in 30s and 45s for headstash smoke...im leaving 2 CPs in the 200s and maybe gonna double plant each smartpot for increased yeild....these ladies are really skimpy not the best strain for trying to get 5lbs a pot...

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
right on for all the love yall....so my friend is running the same Cherry Pie a few hundred miles away in mendocino county, same method 200 gals, FF soil, etc...hes saying the same thing...extra finicky plants, skimpy compared to his sours and bubbas, and his are even starting to preflower..

so we are thinking about actually digging out the cherry pies in good sunlight and putting a better strain like blue dream or LVPK instead....we are gonna run the cherry pies on the low light side in 30s and 45s for headstash smoke...im leaving 2 CPs in the 200s and maybe gonna double plant each smartpot for increased yeild....these ladies are really skimpy not the best strain for trying to get 5lbs a pot...

Fuck finiky they will never yield as much as the hearty bitches. You know what my choice is ;) My favorite slut will show cherry pie a thing or two about how to work the beat!

:joint:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Fuck finiky they will never yield as much as the hearty bitches. You know what my choice is ;) My favorite slut will show cherry pie a thing or two about how to work the beat!

:joint:

hah yeah that whore LVPK looks so much better...like a 300 an hour redbook girl standing next to a 50 dollar crackwhore lol...

the LVPKs are looking better in every aspect, lush green leaves, thick stems, nice even internode spacing and branching...fuckin love her!...i wish i veg'd more out i only have 4! got another 6 but they are only a foot tall probably gonna keep them inside..

G

guest8905

throw some bd in there, youll get some nice elbows of head stash quality. double potting low yielding clones is always a great idea, even three if they are in a two hundred and its a really small type plant.

good luck

mapinguari

Veteran
its never smooth sailing in this game....worst case scenario is the cops chopper in and chop our plants down...we have nicknamed it the "vietnamese jungle camp" because of all the bamboo walls...

That's funny, Y4P215. Yeah, I hope the Butte cops leave you alone, I'm wishing you good luck.

I don't think you should have to worry about that stupid ordinance being enforced for a while.

S

SicKSKills

Yo man I just saw this thread and wanna say good luck and thanks, it an honor to even be mentioned in the same sentence as some of those guys and Im glad you have been inspired to do such a grow. Like you said, filling containers in the sun is hard work and if you show the dedication to get out there and do it, I know you will have a good season, an most importantly you will learn invaluable info first hand...Lets see, Ogs(CP) do great in lesser/lower light, 9-5 will do them well and get them into some cooler shade during the hottest part of the day(5), but yes they are very sensitive to early flowering, gotta be extra particular about them. They also perform well when multi planted 3 per container, plus it looks like one from the sky haha. If you're having a hard time with the smart pots, grab a box cutter, slice from top to bottom on two sides, roll down, and the rootball will peel right out with low stress to the plant, super easy but ruins the pots, who cares.. check back later still doin trannys on my last few containers.

greenhaus

amazing.
i think the deficiency might be calmag related.

good luck with your outdoor run. la-con does amazing outdoors.
very good trich production on that one.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
gotta love that LVPK in the 200gals. ive had one plugged for 2-3 weeks now. big fat stems, nice short internode spacing.. cant wait to see her grow big!! good luck outside bro looks like you got a nice spot!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
planted 15 out of 18 so far...we switched to Roots Organic "greenfields" for the last 8 200s, we were at the growstore and were talking to some of the other guys who say good things about it, its main base is peatmoss...the ocean forest is too damn hot and mixing it with the light warrior takes up alot of time..with the RO-G we dump them in and mix in EWC, perlite, and a cup of dolomite lime..

also on the last 4 pots we decided to double plant the LA cons and the cherrys, so 2 per 200 trying to maximize yeild, we are training them away from eachother...

for the last 3 pots im throwing in some monster mothers from my indoor garden, Fire OG kush and another LVPK, and for the last one trying to source a large Blue Dream mother...

been spraying with SNS17 for mites on the cherrys, but the LVPKs are so damn healthy not a mite in sight...

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
That's funny, Y4P215. Yeah, I hope the Butte cops leave you alone, I'm wishing you good luck.

I don't think you should have to worry about that stupid ordinance being enforced for a while.

haha the general consensus from the half dozen growers we talked to today at the shop was "FUCK THE ORDINANCE".....some of those guys are still running 50-99 on their plots, so hopefully our little half acre 20 planter will be below radar...

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
wish i took pics, il have some up next week...we topped off all the pots and the cherrys that were looking sickly last week are recovering really nice...gotta let nature take its course! im feeling pretty good about things, cant wait to drive back up and see them! its such a surreal feeling waking up at sunrise and walking through the garden.....last year i was looking at everyone elses outdoor threads feeling jealous and unsatisfied, and now im finally here......already planning for next year, gonna start shopping for properties soon...

AGBeer

As always, a pleasure to see what you have a brewin' errrrr I mean a sproutin'/growin' :D

Cant wait to see where this one goes

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
looking realllllll good. damn, i really think i need to move to california. NY is the shit, always will be a new yorker at heart, but i really need this in my life. sooo yea i will be living vicariously through you this summer, and hopefully once graduation hits, ill have a summer wedding and be out in cali by next september

aod

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Everything is filling in nicely and turning lush and green...the cherry pies that were scrawny and burnt 2 weeks ago have recovered nicely..
outdoorjune23003.jpg

^cherry pie recovered nicely...
outdoorjune23002.jpg

LVPK...she looks real nice outdoors, lush growth and nice thick stems and fan leaves...shes lovin that outdoor sun..

outdoorjune23010.jpg

outdoorjune23004.jpg

^Five of the new ones....La Confidential in the background double planted and a LVPK up front...the LAs were looking yellow last week from nitrogen deficiency but are starting to green up nicely...the CPs in the way background is still kinda yellow and scrawny but they should catch up..

outdoorjune23012.jpg

outdoorjune23001.jpg

the main 8 that get the best sunlight...from 2 angles in the first you can see the extra 4 behind them, so there is a total of 12 200s in this section, another 3 around the corner in medium light that arent pictured. and another 2 that are beyond the 12 over the next fence that havent been transplanted yet..

outdoorjune23011.jpg

in the front and left are cherry pie. 2nd on right is SFV OG. 3rd and top right are LVPK the bushy ones...and SFV OG fills out the top 2 on left...