What's new

18 holes outdoor guerilla grow. 7 Nirvana Strains.

Marcellas

Veteran
Ughh, my first 3 out of 7 plants put outside were dug up and torn to shit overnight the first day. One more of my remaining 4 outside has severe slug damage, and 2 others have minor slug/bug damage but they should all make it. I feel ya brother. At least we have some nice ones outside!! :D

I have a bunch of BOG's gear getting ready to go out!! 1 SourBubbleBX4 and 1 BlueKush (aka BLUSH, BlueMoonRocks X SourBubble) ready to go outside, and 6 more BK's and 3 more SB's that will be ready to go out late in a few weeks. Also starting some SourStrawberryKush as soon as I get them in a few days. Check out my threads, good luck!!! :joint:

NickMode

Ughh, my first 3 out of 7 plants put outside were dug up and torn to shit overnight the first day. One more of my remaining 4 outside has severe slug damage, and 2 others have minor slug/bug damage but they should all make it. I feel ya brother. At least we have some nice ones outside!! :D

I have a bunch of BOG's gear getting ready to go out!! 1 SourBubbleBX4 and 1 BlueKush (aka BLUSH, BlueMoonRocks X SourBubble) ready to go outside, and 6 more BK's and 3 more SB's that will be ready to go out late in a few weeks. Also starting some SourStrawberryKush as soon as I get them in a few days. Check out my threads, good luck!!! :joint:

heyyy congrats on your 1000 post! :tiphat::jump:
And i hear ya man. damn animals tearin up out shit. why cant they just dig up some other plants! And slugd are a killer. defiantly going to get some slug protection for the next grow.

blackone

Veteran
Yeah it sucks to come out and witness something like that - I think it's a combination of starting indoors and genes.
Starting indoors makes the plant grow a more vulnerable and delicious tissue because it's not exposed to the hard outdoor conditions. On top of that indoor genetics have been bred for many generations now using low plant counts and without the pressure of hard growing conditions - so a lot of the genetic resistance has been lost.

Marcellas

Veteran
haha thanks i didnt even notice it was my 1000th post!! :D
.... believe it or not i think ive passed 1000 a couple years ago but a bunch of old posts got deleted i think

anyways, its not too late for slug pellets. they will come every time it rains, im getting some pellets this weekend for the late plants im putting out

Guiness

Sorry to read about your bad luck with the vultures. I have heard others say that using those kinds of products do attract omnivores. You did the site a good service proving that out for all to see. Sorry again about your losses.

NickMode

Sorry to read about your bad luck with the vultures. I have heard others say that using those kinds of products do attract omnivores. You did the site a good service proving that out for all to see. Sorry again about your losses.

haha oh word well damn its alllll good then. as long as im providing valuable knowledge to the site all at my expense its all good. :laughing:

Although i still have 7 plants at the spot. Hopefully 8 if the one with the crushed stem pulls through. LAst year i only had 3 at this spot. So im happy with 7 or 8!! :dance013:

Thanks for stopping by everyone :tiphat:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
very nice thread, was sorry to see your problems with the turkey vultures, what a pain in the ass coming back to find all your holes dug up. i did read in the sticky that blood meal and bone meal need to be added way early, then idealy cover your earth with a layer of the indigenous earth and then a layer of mulch to keep moisture in better.

your fencing looks nice and strong, but i would still stake it down so even if animals want to dig they can't move the cage.

can't wait to see how things go, i wish you lots of luck for the rest of the season.

:wave:

NickMode

Little update at plot 2
These plants are looking great! I topped them all.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

bongcritter

Looks great! Sorry to hear about your turkey vulture problem, Try staking in your cages with some bamboo, they don't seem to be in too solidly...also close the top of the cages while they are young in order to keep birds out..

Just trying to help, although you may have done these things...Sounds like those vultures are rough!!! Really sorry about that man.

Quick question about topping: Did you just cut it at the top? When did you decide to do it?

I have to figure out topping myself pretty quick here..

icred

I have also found that my smallest (at seedlings) plants tend to be females.
Is there any evidence that this is the norm? I have read that "stressing" a seedling/plant causes it to become a hermie/male so perhaps smaller plants are a) less stressed by heat(from lights) and also possibly better cared for (because they are smaller) and therefore result in more females.

ThcInfused

your plants look nice and healthy but they dont have alot of sidebranches.. what state do you live in it looks nice.

NickMode

Looks great! Sorry to hear about your turkey vulture problem, Try staking in your cages with some bamboo, they don't seem to be in too solidly...also close the top of the cages while they are young in order to keep birds out..

Just trying to help, although you may have done these things...Sounds like those vultures are rough!!! Really sorry about that man.

Quick question about topping: Did you just cut it at the top? When did you decide to do it?

I have to figure out topping myself pretty quick here..

Yea i staked the cages down kind of good. but not good enough. And yes i just cut off the top right over the last node. It took them a few days to get used to it, but then they started growing pretty well. research topping methods, there are tons and alot mofr informative topping threads.

NickMode

I have also found that my smallest (at seedlings) plants tend to be females.
Is there any evidence that this is the norm? I have read that "stressing" a seedling/plant causes it to become a hermie/male so perhaps smaller plants are a) less stressed by heat(from lights) and also possibly better cared for (because they are smaller) and therefore result in more females.

I used all female seeds so i hope their are no males. But in my past i have had some MONSTER plants at a young age that turned out to be females.

Nice plants! :yes:
:joint:

NickMode

your plants look nice and healthy but they dont have alot of sidebranches.. what state do you live in it looks nice.

Side branching is weak right now. Although its the same as last season. As you can see in my pics on the 2nd page, when they are about ready for harvest time, there wernt any branches under like the 3ft mark. I think this is because they only get about 5 hours direct sunlight they stretch like hell at first, then they get used to it. :dunno: But they will start branching alot like i said when they are kinda taller. see this pic . Also alot of the smaller leaves and stuff get torn up by bugs.
43892IMG_3646.JPG

And i live in and or around VA,MD,DE,DC,WV ;)

NickMode

Oh and i saw this going out to my plot the other day.
Nothing i like to see more than dead turkey vultures!!
picture.php

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
your plants look good, nice big leaves. ahh so you using fem seeds too eh? mine are also fem, i just hope they are reliable. would be a bummer if one of the starts putting out male flowers in the middle of flowering. that's my worry, but hopefully unfounded.

anyway keep up the good work

NickMode

your plants look good, nice big leaves. ahh so you using fem seeds too eh? mine are also fem, i just hope they are reliable. would be a bummer if one of the starts putting out male flowers in the middle of flowering. that's my worry, but hopefully unfounded.

anyway keep up the good work

Ah yea i def feel what your saying. This is my first run with fem seeds too but im still going to keep a close eye on them. I had 3 2 week old plants spend 72 hours in darkness. I have to keep a keen eye on them for sure. hpoefully since they were so young it didnt effect them.

NickMode

OMG just had the longest post with tons of pics and right when i was about finished i accidentally clicked a link in my toolbar. fuuuuck. ill update later lol.