What's new

165 Watt PLL Dresser Grow

MeLikesPCs

Hi all. I just finished building a small PLL dresser, fingers crossed.

Inside dimensions: 25.5"W x 13”D x 27"H (minus the large light trap)

Light: Three 55 Watt PLLs with reflector/installation kits from here. 6500k for veg (18/6), 2700k for flowering (12/12). **edit - installed a 4th 55 Watter across lower back wall**

Ventilation: One Delta 120MM 2900RPM 120CFM 44DBA fan for exhaust. It is located in an adjacent utility closet and sucks the hot air from the dresser through three layers of carbon filter. To fit it I used a 5 inch hole saw and a large rubber pipe clamp and attached the fan directly to the clamp using caulk and duct tape.

One quiet 120MM pc fan blowing across the bulbs to the exhaust—I don’t know what its specs are. Intake is passive from bottom using large light traps inside and out. **edit - installed a 2nd fan on top, and a 80mm fan blowing across 4th bulb**

Nutes: FoxFarm OceanForrest soil, FF Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, Grandma’s unsulfured molasses.

Scrog/LST: yes

Seeds: Various Bagseed started in my PC
Props to OldOne who provided a lot of advice on the lights and fans. When I started the temps were over 100 degrees. Now they are under 80.

Attachments

• 100_2249.jpg
    100_2249.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_2256.jpg
    100_2256.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_2255.jpg
    100_2255.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_2251.jpg
    100_2251.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_2253.jpg
    100_2253.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_2254.jpg
    100_2254.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_2252.jpg
    100_2252.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 11

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll be watching, good stealth idea with the dresser. I have pll from your supplier in my tent, might add 2 more.

MeLikesPCs

Day 37

Day 37

Doing ok, tying down all I can. Now paying attention to and adjusting PH, which seems to be helping with any problems I was noticing. Probably going to flip to 12/12, sex, and scrog in the next week or so.

Attachments

• 100_2261.jpg
    100_2261.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 12

MeLikesPCs

Hi Mael, I'm interested too :) It looks like my recent care to the water/nute ph is paying off with some growth spurts. It's getting hard to keep tying down branches, and I'm running out of room. These need to be sexed, transplanted, and scrogged asap.

I just ordered 2700k bulbs, so the flowering color will be correct. The room has started to smell slightly already and I haven't started budding yet.

Recent temp drop outdoors has casued temp in cab to drop to low 70's with lights on. If I turn off both fans, temp gets too high. Ordered fan controller to deal with that.

I'm on the hunt for 1 gallon square pots, but haven't found anything locally yet. Might have to order those too.

Next week's update should be good...

HobbyGrower

Good luck with your grow MeLikes. Looks like you're a little further ahead than me. I'll be popping in to see how things are going.

Glaus

Nice dresser MeLikesPCs. Good grow-karma to you :)

Looking forward to follow this grow

Cheers :D

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Subbed. I'm a big fan of pll and of stealth cabs. Looking forward to your harvest.

MeLikesPCs

Hobby, Glaus, Anti,

Thanks for taking a look. Last night while my back was turned my cat defoliated a few plants. He's lucky I like him--no serious damage :) New budding sites keep popping up and I keep tying them down. Scrog fence is ready to install and new containers to transplant into are ready, but I gotta sex them before that. After new containers and scrog is in place, I won't be able to move anything in/out of the cab. Now I see why it's bad to have the bottom drawer stationary :(

Glaus

Attack of the gardening cat!!!

My two cats will defoliate any vegging plant, but as soon as the plants enter bloom they doesn't have the mearest interest in them.:cathug:
Looking forward to see the scrog-setup in place :jump:

Cheers:wave:

MeLikesPCs

Day 44

Day 44

Just switched lights from 6500k Eiko's to 2700k Osram's and tomorrow will be day 1 of 12/12. Now I finally get to see how many of the 5 are females.

Attachments

• Day44.jpg
    Day44.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 11

MeLikesPCs

Hi Charlie and Purple,

Thanks for looking. I'm actually hoping at least one will be male. I think it will be too croweded with 5 in this space with these lights.

Probably not final containers. I know its possible to finish in these cups, but I'm still new to this and still learning about watering and PH. In these cups I think I should water them every day--too much work. I'm most likely going to transplant into larger rectangular containers. All I ever read is more soil = bigger buds. They are often droopy and slow growing. I think it's low PH. Going to try watering/feeding them with ph 7.5 and see if it helps.

I finally hooked up fan controller so I can regulate temp very well. After experimenting with many carbon scrubbers and getting frustrated, right now I'm just using 3 layers of carbon filter over the exhaust hole in the cab which seems to be working. Also I'm running the exhaust fan 24/7 to makes sure smell is always being vented through the filters since I have a very large passive intake. Still waiting to see sex...

MeLikesPCs

Thanks Alex,

Originally I had 4 x 55w with no reflectors jammed together on the ceiling. After much heat problems and some redesign, I ended up with 3 x 55w with nice reflectors with space between the reflector and the ceiling. According to my research these 3 bulbs now create more light than the 4 I was going to use. Still see no sex yet after 10 days.

MeLikesPCs

Day 56: Good News and Bad News

Day 56: Good News and Bad News

The good news: I was able to determine sex today.

The bad news: 3 out of 5 plants were male. I killed them and had a short funeral service.

The ph is still too low. Today I again flushed with plain water with a ph of at least 7.5. The plants that were killed were root-bound. I don't know how people grow in small containers. The roots have nowhere to go.

Next week I'm going to transplant into bigger containers and put in scrog fence.

On a postive note, with only two flowering plants in this dresser they should have plenty of light, room, and air circulation to produce some fat buds I hope. Also, I still got two plants vegging in my PC with potential.

MeLikesPCs

Day 59

Day 59

Tansplanted two females into one gallon square rootmaker pots. Put in scrog. Top of the pots to the fence is about 8 inches. Fence to the light is about 12 inches. This leaves enough room for my hand (5 inches) to get under the fence to adjust.

Not looking very strong, but I have been using plain water for a while now, trying to increase ph. Next feeding I will give them some nutes, and hopefully they will darken and grow.

Attachments

• Day59-1.jpg
    Day59-1.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Day59-2.jpg
    Day59-2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Day59-3.jpg
    Day59-3.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Latest posts