What's new

PC CFL Bagseed Grow 168 Watts Max

MeLikesPCs

Hi all,

This is hopefully my first sucessful grow. I may flower with this PC too and/or use a small dresser that's still under construction.

PC: 8.1"W x 26.5"H x 18.6"D

Light: Room for four Spiral CFLs. Various 2700k and 6500k of 23, 26, 27, and 42 watts. I switch different bulbs to adjust temp. 18/6

Reflective Material: Frost King Self Adhesive Foil and Foam Duct Insulation

Light Proofing: Black caulk, foil tape, black duct tape

Ventilation: Three 80mm 31.73 CFM 28DBA case fans, two on front for intake with light trap, one on the back for exhaust with light trap.**EDIT: I replaced the 80mm exhaust with a 120mm and added fan controller**

Medium/Nutes: FoxFarm OceanForrest soil, FF Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom

Water: Tap filtered with Zero Water**EDIT: I no longer filter water at all, just let sit our for at least 24 hrs**

Carbon scrubber: Carbon filer inside box, Febreeze TrueAir in room.

Scrog/LST: A little LST, no scrog yet

Seeds: Various Bagseed

Day 20 pix:

Attachments

• 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 059.jpg
    059.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 15
  • 057.jpg
    057.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_2161.jpg
    100_2161.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 100_2160.jpg
    100_2160.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 056.jpg
    056.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 17
hey Melikespcs:tiphat:

looking good keep em coming!

However i do have a questions for you.
After filtering threw zero water did you have any problem with your Ph?

The reason im asking is once a long time ago i tried filtering threw a brita filter and the Ph was starting off at like 2.3 and when i added a drop of ph up it went to like 8.6. (Per gallon)

hoping you or somone on here can maybe explain what would cause this.
Feedback plz!

again keep up the good work man.

Mirco.

oldone

hey Melikespcs:tiphat:

looking good keep em coming!

However i do have a questions for you.
After filtering threw zero water did you have any problem with your Ph?

The reason im asking is once a long time ago i tried filtering threw a brita filter and the Ph was starting off at like 2.3 and when i added a drop of ph up it went to like 8.6. (Per gallon)

hoping you or somone on here can maybe explain what would cause this.
Feedback plz!

again keep up the good work man.

Mirco.
wow 2.3...thats like battery acid or something. Are you sure your ph measuring device/method is accurate?

The "zero water" filter you speak of...is it a charcol filter?

And is your tap water softened with a salt softener?

MeLikesPCs

ZeroWater

ZeroWater

ZeroWater does lower my ph a little.

My understanding is the brita filter basically does nothing unless you have some seriously bad water (even though I use that first before Zero water anyway). Brita filter should not change anything good or bad.

In the past I was trying hydro so I was looking fo ways to clean water. The Zero Water fileter does what it says- reduces PPM to zero! It is slow and would not be good for a big grow, but fine for me. I just filtered some...the ph started at about 7 and after filtering is about 6, which I think is ok? I'm going to use brita, then zero, and see how everything turns out. You can get the zero here read all about it here

After this grow and I have some fruits to enjoy, I'm going to try using straight tap and see if I need to do any of this at all.

thanks for the replies guys.

oldone - yes i tested in on 2 meters my tap water usually runs 7.7 ph plain. i tried the brita a few years ago so im not sure if it was 2.3 or 2.5.. but im sure i was lower then 3.0 . maybe i got a bad filter or something or maybe my water just doesnt like being filtered...idk tho.
and as for the salt softener i really have no idea... i dont have any problem when i just use tap with ph up and down and i do let it sit out for 24-48 hours for chlorine reasons.

melikespcs - thanks for the info and when u do test both filter lemme know the results. keep us posted on your grow as well!

again guys maybe i just had sum bad luck witht he filter maybe i did something wrong, but im pretty sure i didn't. maybe my water + brita filters just dont mix..
but i can say this everytime i use the brita filter it makes my ph jump up and down. im gonna try it from another water source and see if it's just my water...i'll post again after that.

safe growing everyone!

Micro.

MeLikesPCs

Day 28

Day 28

OO, Alcatraz, Micro, thanks for your encouragement,

Well it's day 28 and things are going ok. Had a bad scare today. All fans died and temp shot up to 83 in minutes. Luckily I was in the room at the time, or these little guys would have been toast! I replaced the 12v converter, cleaned the fans, and with Struckanerve's advice cut out the fan grates. Running great now, a little more air flow, and a little quieter.

Right now I'm using four 42 watt 6500ks. I can't fit anymore light in this box, and temps are below 80.

It's defintiely crowed in there and transplanting is needed. They are not tall, but are very bushy, and need watering generally every other day. Within the next day or so I hope to have my new dresser completed, keep the two smallest plants in the PC, and move the rest to the new dresser.

Attachments

• 100_2232.jpg
    100_2232.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_2231.jpg
    100_2231.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_2230.jpg
    100_2230.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 100_2229.jpg
    100_2229.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 14

MeLikesPCs

Day 37

Day 37

Still very leafy, and not much stem growth. Up until this week I never bothered with adjusting PH. They were always droopy and showing other negative signs. Found out my PH was always pretty low, going to watch PH carefully going forward. They seem better.

Attachments

• 100_2260.jpg
    100_2260.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 15

MeLikesPCs

Day 41

Day 41

Earth magnets holding lights broke free. Luckily no damage was done. Re-glued and reinforced magnets. Added reflective material to celing and repositioned lights so they are not jammed right up against top. This should provide slightly better light and slightly cooler temps/air circulation.

MeLikesPCs

Day 48

Day 48

Transplanted into 1 gallon milk containers, and still vegging with four 42 watt 6500k spiral cfls. These two plants could not be more different. One is a bush with lots of bud sites, and the other just wants to make massive leaves. I defoliated them both a bit.

Feeding them 3 tsps per gallon Grow Big. No need to water so often now that they are in decent sized containers. I guess I should flip to 12/12 soon, but I’m in no rush until I see more mature bud sites.

I think the brown spots are because of low ph. I’m going to start feeding/watering them with ph 7.5 and see if it helps.

Attachments

• Day48-1.jpg
    Day48-1.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Day48-2.jpg
    Day48-2.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 15

oldone

They look great MeLikesPCs. Can you give us a closeup of the brown spots?

7.5 is pretty high. Have you measured the runoff Ph?

OO

MeLikesPCs

OO,

Can't get more pics right now... But I just watered my dresser with nutes that were 7.4 and the runoff was about 3.0 I believe for both my PC and Dresser it has been too acidic for the entire grow. Going to keep feeding everyone with over 7 for a week or two and see if it helps. Also, a bunch of dresser plant's leaves had started turning bright yellow. Next grow I will add fine lime to all soil before planting anything. Why don't FF and all soil makers automatically add this to all potting soil???

MeLikesPCs

PH drivin me crazy

I have spent lots of time and energy over the last several weeks tryng to use "perfect" water. I let sit out for 24 hours, then brita, then Zero water. When i'm done, it's too acid. Then I use ph up and down, measure, over and over...takes a long time. Now it looks like my electronic ph meter is way off! It also takes forever to stabilize to get a reading. Using the little pool test kit is much faster.

Using a regular test kit I just tested my tap water, which is 7. I think I have been over thinking all this. Going forward I'm just going to use regular tap water and when using nutes, adjust if necessary to keep under 7.0

MeLikesPCs

Thanks sman. Day 53 and I'm still veggin'. They are not getting too big so I might take clones to sex them and keep one as a mother for a SOG in my dresser after the ones in there finish up.

PH drivin me crazy

I have spent lots of time and energy over the last several weeks tryng to use "perfect" water. I let sit out for 24 hours, then brita, then Zero water. When i'm done, it's too acid. Then I use ph up and down, measure, over and over...takes a long time. Now it looks like my electronic ph meter is way off! It also takes forever to stabilize to get a reading. Using the little pool test kit is much faster.

Using a regular test kit I just tested my tap water, which is 7. I think I have been over thinking all this. Going forward I'm just going to use regular tap water and when using nutes, adjust if necessary to keep under 7.0

hey melikespcs looking pretty good man

and ya idk what it is with water filters messing with the ph man i just dont get it..but keep us posted stay safe.

Micro

MeLikesPCs

Day 59

Day 59

Still veggin. These little ones are so bushy and crowded. Going to have to defoliate a bit.

Attachments

• iskateck6
    iskateck6
    11.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 59-2.jpg
    59-2.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 59-3.jpg
    59-3.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 14

MeLikesPCs

Day 68

Day 68

Doing great.

Might try to take some cuttings and sex them in my dresser soon. Need to see what these two bushes are.

Attachments

• NewPic.jpg
    NewPic.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 13

MeLikesPCs

Day 80 - Still Veggin'

Day 80 - Still Veggin'

This PC is working pretty well. The two plants I have in milk cartons are happy. Because of lack of space I defoliate regulary.

Took out 80mm exhaust fan and replaced with better 120mm fan. Also wired in 4 channel fan controller and rebuilt exhaust port adding carbon filter. Still some bugs to work out, but so far very good for vegging.

The only thing I feed them is 3 tsps per gallon of FF GB.

Attachments

• Day80-1.jpg
    Day80-1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Day80-2.jpg
    Day80-2.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Day80-3.jpg
    Day80-3.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Day80-4.jpg
    Day80-4.jpg