What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

165 dollars a liter for Advanced Nutrients Piranha Liquid 1L

maxibiogreen

Veteran

No. Its not that we are haters.

Its just the fact that there are superior products available for a fraction of the cost.

I am not saying it doesn't work, but to quote Rez and sum it up in one sentence:

"
AN sucks.
Anything "you" can do with $1000 worth of AN,I can do better,and with only $125.00 worth of GenHydro nutes. Easily.
smile.gif

Oh,and my herb will stay lit and burn clean,unlike any AN-grown herb I've ever smoked.

"
wink.gif

Do you think it s good to quote someone who says that AN is BS???
What a good way to debate about things.... funny little thing.

AN works well definitly too expansive but it is the right of everyone to buy whatever they like even if it s too expansive .. don t you think?

303hydro

senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia
Veteran
Do you think it s good to quote someone who says that AN is BS???
What a good way to debate about things.... funny little thing.

AN works well but definitly is too expansive but it is the right of everyone to buy whatever they like even if it s too expansive .. don t you think?

Actually my first post was a suggestion for a superior product with more species of beneficials at a fraction of a cost. ( Great White Fool)

This quote was in response to the guy that said we are all haters of AN which for me was not true.

The quote just sums it up perfectly in one sentence the tow main reasons why I don't like or endorse AN.

-They are over-priced, and you can do the same or better with much cheaper.

-Most herb grown in there nutes I have ever sampled tastes like shit.

This is just my opinion and yeah, of course its a free world you can feed your girls whatever you like.

There are lots of guys who disagree with me, and some bad ass growers on this site who use AN.

:skiiing:

tester

When AN sells epsom salt under the name Bud Candy for 1000 times the original price, all that some people can say is 'so what, it works!'
Almost anything works as long as it contains something that is useful for the plant or there is a need for it from simple H2O trough gypsum and piss everything 'works'.
The question is how much they ask for and what lies they tell about it.

Y

YosemiteSam

Marketing is just a fact of life in the world we live in and AN is pretty good at it. You have to give them credit for that.

Countering that with emotional statements like Rez Dogs statement, that is obviously total BS on its face (I see pics of excellent AN grows on this site...plus the cost difference is no where near that great), is a piss poor way to teach anyone.

Facts, like tester provides are a much better way. People can look at them and make up their own mind. At that point it is up to the reader to decide what they want to believe.

Some are going to pick AN, some are going to use the KISS method, some are going to use two part dry from good Ag suppliers, some are going to go organic and some are going to mix their own.

The way she goes.

The basic nutes they sell 3 part, Sensi I think are not over priced. Their basic nutes work fine and are no more expensive then most others. Lots of growers get along fine with just their main line and some Epsom salts and molasses. It's when they get into pimping these overprice additives that gets under my skin. I just can't see how spending all that money is going to pay off. Might as well buy from a dealer at that price.

As for taste, I guess that is a matter of preference. I have had bad hydro with lots of nutes. Some need a better flushing then others maybe.

Have to agree quoting a breeder that charges like 16 dollars a seed saying something sucks didn't really convince me sorry ;)

B

Bud Bug

Marketing is just a fact of life in the world we live in and AN is pretty good at it. You have to give them credit for that.

Countering that with emotional statements like Rez Dogs statement, that is obviously total BS on its face (I see pics of excellent AN grows on this site...plus the cost difference is no where near that great), is a piss poor way to teach anyone.

Facts, like tester provides are a much better way. People can look at them and make up their own mind. At that point it is up to the reader to decide what they want to believe.

Some are going to pick AN, some are going to use the KISS method, some are going to use two part dry from good Ag suppliers, some are going to go organic and some are going to mix their own.

The way she goes.

If people read the posts you'll see most will say that their products do work, they do what they do because they are the same as 10's of other manufacturers.

I think what most people have issues with are the border line scam statements, exaggerated claims, whining about other competitors while no one else say anything about AN. If you have to constantly complain about your competitors I think the problem is not them but you and your company.

Oh and their statements about being for cannabis, hmm wonder why there is not cannabis related info on their site. http://www.advancednutrients.com/hy...upgq&cof=FORID:10&ie=UTF-8&q=cannabis&x=0&y=0 Just look at their articels section.

303hydro

senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia
Veteran
That quote sums up my opinion on Advanced and thats all.

I did not say anything specific about any of there products except the Liquid Piranha . I listed ingredients, and compared them to that of Great White Shark and gave my opinion. ( It had fancy product labels just like tester's post yosemite, do you feel better?)

Sorry was just trying to help cannabisdog, as it seemed you weren't aware of what mycorrhizae is and what it does. I was not trying convince you of anything just throw you a bone and give you the option to add this tool to your garden without dropping $165.

With that extra cash, you could pick up a 10 pack from REZ with the leftover

:thank you:

Peace Out

maxibiogreen

Veteran
Actually my first post was a suggestion for a superior product with more species of beneficials at a fraction of a cost. ( Great White Fool)

This quote was in response to the guy that said we are all haters of AN which for me was not true.

The quote just sums it up perfectly in one sentence the tow main reasons why I don't like or endorse AN.

-They are over-priced, and you can do the same or better with much cheaper.

-Most herb grown in there nutes I have ever sampled tastes like shit.

This is just my opinion and yeah, of course its a free world you can feed your girls whatever you like.

There are lots of guys who disagree with me, and some bad ass growers on this site who use AN.

:skiiing:

Yes I disagree with you,, I also use AN nutrients and I one more time disagree with you cos I do not consider myself as a bad ass grower..

It seems debate isn t what you do best,,hopefuly you are more talented growing weed with the right nutrients...lol.

Did you actually compared their prices to any other line?
When someone said that AN's 3 part doesn't cost more than GH's I made a quick comparison.
http://www.gardenscure.com/420/plant-food-nutrients/143699-advanced-nutrients-3.html

I also pay much cheaper then you have in the post you quoted. I also find that I need less then what AN Sensi quotes on the bottle. Brings my E.C to around 2.0 with 3/4 of there mixing on side of bottle. I found the same thing with GH as well though.

Thanks for your help hydro303, I am going to give the great white a run next grow. Not going to get an Rez seeds though, I think I get ones just as good for 3 dollars per seed. :dance013:

tester

The way she goes.

It's just that sometimes it's so hard to accept that people still falls for this marketing BS.
Although there are only two ways: to accept it or to agonize about it.
Anyway thanks for trying to ease my pain :)

303hydro please don't take it personally, I think YosemiteSam was just trying to ease AN users pain too who take this whole thing as an attack.
It's great that you called attention to an other product that really look like it's better and cheaper then AN's and I can understand your feelings too.

tester

I also pay much cheaper then you have in the post you quoted. I also find that I need less then what AN Sensi quotes on the bottle. Brings my E.C to around 2.0 with 3/4 of there mixing on side of bottle. I found the same thing with GH as well though.

As I wrote in that post I used the prices from the first site I could find both AN and GH in 1 quarts, I'm sure one can get them cheaper somewhere else.

Wolverine97

Veteran
I was told by hydro store guy that these 2 products are nearly identical,and he recommended the great white cause its a fraction of the price,,maby ill try it soon......

One difference, and I honestly don't know how much affect it has; the pirahna has three forms of trichoderma fungi, Great White (as well as most other similar products)only has two. Again, I don't see it being worth the difference in price, but it's worth noting.

tester

Piranha Liquid is actually half the price of Piranha Powder.

Powder 1000g - 300$
Liquid 1000ml - 166$

The real surprise is that the liquid contains more cfus than the powder, yet the recommended application rate is 3 times more (2ml/l) than the powder's (0.6g/l)

Great White or other mycorrhizae products has the Bacillus species that AN has in separate bottle (Voodoo Juice or Tarantula).
But a compost tea probably contains more and better useful organism than any of these products.

attachment.php

Attachments

• piranha price.png
    piranha price.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 13

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
When AN sells epsom salt under the name Bud Candy for 1000 times the original price, all that some people can say is 'so what, it works!'
Almost anything works as long as it contains something that is useful for the plant or there is a need for it from simple H2O trough gypsum and piss everything 'works'.
The question is how much they ask for and what lies they tell about it.

Same shit happens at the pool and spa store.
You can buy pH down, Alkalinity Up, Calcium Up, and fancy sanitizer in cool looking bottles with color coded caps or you can buy muratic acid, baking soda, calcium chloride (ice melt) and generic bleach and balance your water on the cheap.
I trust the guy at the pool store as much as the guy at the hydro shop. It all comes down to doing some reading on the subject and deciding what's best for you.
Like I said, I got the shit for free and it works.

BIG JT

I use the great white with excellent results. Every transplant i sprinkle a little all around inside the new hole. I either run Cutting Edge Solutions 3 part or K.I.S.S my ladies. Wouldn't give AN a dime, strictly for suckers. Everytime I see their VooDoo Juice for $65 a pint I giggle!

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just bought a small jar of the Great White @ $40 ,this damn thread has got me spending cabbage...The same size jar of piranha dry sells for $56....I guess well see how this snake oil pans out..

Latest posts

Latest posts