What's new

16 kW x coco

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

micro gro

Thanks everyone.

Pali, at first I had a single 112w "commercial" air pump. Even with the pump pulling in cold air from a hose, it pumped out hot/warm air. Had to downgrade to multiple individual pumps, or go with this "fountain juice mix" style using a $10 400gph water pump to produce a waterfall/powerhead-like effect instead of a traditional air pump.

max, yup I've seen pimpjuice's show in the past... pretty inspiring for sure. :yes: Coco DTW sure is easy, and GH makes it affordable while performing superbly IMO. Botanicare's Cal-Mag+ is used (2-0-0 + trace) at times; the white 5 gallon jug you see to the left of the nute sawhorse is it. It's a modified formula, not quite coco-Lucas. 3-day veg, 1-time trim @ around day 12-14 for these particular ones.

smurfin'herb, 60 per table in a 6x10 layout. Yield is lots, one strain yields more than 2 lbs per light (no joke) and the other one, although not as high a yielder, holds her own. Sativa-dominant hybrid & balanced hybrid.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Holy crap! I bet you couldnt force a pencil through that canopy when its mature! Im guessing this strain fills out a lot more since its sativa dominant? I run a sativa dom hybrids myself and do SOG. I flower 60 of them FROM CLONE on a 4x8 (1.9 plantst per square foot), and that is like max capacity!! I cant even imagine how thick the foliage would get if i put even a slight veg on them. How long were yours vegged for before inducing flower? Heres the beginning and end of a run of them from clone @ 1.2 plants per square foot fed 3x/day, slightly less plant count than i normally do, but is still very thick canopy.....

Ive overstuffed tables before to try to increase yield, but it always ended up decreasing the quality of the bud and then having to deal with all the popcorn nuggets and scraggly plants was a pita! I never ended up increasing yield, only breaking even, or getting less actually!

Every grow and strain is different tho, so i wish you luck in your journey and ill be in and out of here occasionally... peace dude!

M

micro gro

smurfin'herb, we strip down lots of lower nodes and the goal is to grow a human thigh. May have over-vegged by about 1 day but should be good.

Y

YosemiteSam

Care to share what not quite Lucas GH formula and a few additives produce "human thighs"?

Plus you probably said it somewhere but I cannot find it...are those 1 or 2 gallon grow bags?

It is an absolutely beautiful setup...thank you for sharing.

M

micro gro

YosemiteSam, additional Ca, Mg, P & K. But most importantly, genetics.

At least, on one of the two tables... (we'll call her strain A.) The extra P & K primarily to satisfy the other... we'll call it strain B (the lesser yielding one.)

They're supposed to be 1 gallon (labeled as 1 gallon on the case), but I have a feeling it's a little more like 1.5. This batch came in a case with lots of 25 individually bundled in clear bags, and came much more uniform in size and higher material quality. The previous batch (diff. mfgr.) was also supposed to be 1 gallon, but ranged in size (within the same case/lot #) from something like 1 gallon to damned near 2 gallons. Pretty annoying.

M

micro gro

Looks like you are using B'Cuzz coco in 2 gal bags, 50 per 4X8 table.
The box said 1 gal.

60 per 4x8 table (2 x 1000w)

Did you build a dipper manifold from PVC or just 1/2" tube?
Both. Each table's manifold uses exactly these parts:

• (3) 8' 1/2" flexible vinyl tubing
  • (3) 1/2" barbed plug
  • (3) 3/4" MPT x 1/2" Barb straight
  • (60) ~8" 1/4" flexible vinyl tubing
  • (60) 1/4" double-barbed straight connectors / couplers
  • (60) 1/4" double-barbed tee
  • (2) 3/4" PVC Slip x Slip x FPT elbow
  • (2) 3/4" PVC Slip x Slip x FPT tee
  • (1) 3/4" MPT x Barb straight
  • ~3' x 3/4" PVC pipe
See pics in post above.

spyvsspy

Damn micro, that's pro status. NOthin' micro about any of that/ I think I just peed a little.......... I'll be tagging along if you don't mind, DEFINITELY an inspired grow...........that setup is cleaner than a nun's vagina. NICE WORK. -spy

asher1er

Veteran
not that i know much, but can i give a lil suggestion? ditch them cheap ass doors and use exterior use doors they run for about 130 at hoesDepot lol :joint: ima keep an eye on this thread.. be safe

M

micro gro

asher1er, kinda wish we had gone with exterior doors, especially in hindsight, considering the amount of effort it took to attempt to seal & insulate the interior doors. Thanks for the suggestion, excellent to have feedback like that from peers.

M

micro gro

So far a 20# tank is on pace to last ~9-10 days. Ambient CO2 is ~400-500ppm; room never drops below ~650-750ppm.

A HydroGEN CO2 generator + 1/4 HP chiller was planned early on but we wanted to see how a 20# tank performed first, since tank & solenoid valve equipment was already available.

Next sealed room of similar budget will get a bead of caulk sealing the bottoms, and an extra vapor barrier film sandwiched in between the wall. I would expect the tank to last even longer with that, obviously.

M

micro gro

torello, CO2 levels are set to 1500ppm. It falls as low as 650-750ppm during lights-off.

torello

what is ur way to trim the buds i think not scissors ? are u drying on lines or racks ? do u got dehumidifier in ur drying room ?

Status
Not open for further replies.