What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

16 kW soiless grow along with iS.K

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
just got back to icmag. been taking a break. still running this spot. thing are switched around. i'm running canna coco. canna nutes and a few additives. 6x16 bulb badboy t5s for veg. 16xhorti 1000s on a flip flop in flower.

5 gallon buckets from home depot. you can see that i full the first 5 inches(up to the drain holes) with hydroton. then coco on top. there is an airstone in the bottom of each bucket. i usually turn the air on during the 3rd week of veg(when the roots hit the rez). kind of a hempy on steroids? i just figured it'd be a good idea.

strain: a very old and select cut of dj short's flo. said to have come from dj himself. it isn't the ideal commercial yielder, but it produces enough and the quality is redic.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

sneak peak of one flower room: my camera died after i took this picture. i'll snap some of both sides tonight.
picture.php

M

MacGyver420

sick dude i cant wait to see more of this flo cut; def one of my all time favorite smokes

-peace

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
here are some more picks from the other side. plants look a little yellow on the bottom. lesson: don't trust your friends to water your plants for you while you go out of town. drought yellowed up all the bottom leaves and lead to some lock outs. still looks like it will be a decent yield though.

4.5 weeks
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

BIGGS

Veteran
nice setup bro, plants are looking nice and frosty too. i'm thinking of running a similar setup myself and was wondering how many plants do you have round each light? and what distance do you keep them from the bulb?

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
nice setup bro, plants are looking nice and frosty too. i'm thinking of running a similar setup myself and was wondering how many plants do you have round each light? and what distance do you keep them from the bulb?

i vary each run on how many are around each light. this run it's a little tight, but next run i will be doing 3 per light with most plants getting hit by multiple lights.

i put the plants as close to the bulbs as i possible can without burning them. i usually end up burning a cola or 2, but that's just a sacrifice given that the closer the plants are better the light penetrates to the other branches.

thanks for checkin out my grow!

DrFever

Veteran
hey dude are you dead set on running vertical lighting you lose so much my man why not change a few i have grown both styles and found vertical is just not the way to go
either way looks good just wanna show you mine at same time and what final buds looked like @ day 47 Chop day cheers
Keep up the good work

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Thats a hog, but got to disagree on the vertical lighting.

Bare bulbs rule and all else drool ;). Why grow on one side of the lamp when you can grow around the entire thing?

My #s have increased immensely after having ditched my hoods.

DrFever

Veteran
Thats a hog, but got to disagree on the vertical lighting.

Bare bulbs rule and all else drool ;). Why grow on one side of the lamp when you can grow around the entire thing?

My #s have increased immensely after having ditched my hoods.

Your wrong with your thinking. The bulbs do not put light out at the end so all your light would be to the sides. The reflector actually helps by redirecting more lumens to where you need it. if you need more side lighting consider adding some cheap floros to the sides or add a light rail.

of course light may be bent, outside of the grow room, but i don't anyone has the ability to do it within the grow room, thus is why I made the comment, it was to help with the understanding on why its not commonly done.

the light won't bend, so the light will be going horizontally the whole way across the room, it will never 'fall down' and hit the plant, the majority of the light will hit the plant will be light reflected from the walls of the room.

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
Yeah, I do horizontal at another bigger spot. Yields fine at both spots. The buds on this flo don't grow very big like you pictures. But are rock hard when finished. I've been consistently pulling 1.5 a light every harvest, so I'm not sweating it. It'd be nice to pull 2+ but I believe that has alot more to do with strain than vert. Vs. horizontal. Btw..you are wrong I notice a 10-20% drop in lumens using a refector. Very all day if you have the space.

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
Your wrong with your thinking. The bulbs do not put light out at the end so all your light would be to the sides. The reflector actually helps by redirecting more lumens to where you need it. if you need more side lighting consider adding some cheap floros to the sides or add a light rail.

of course light may be bent, outside of the grow room, but i don't anyone has the ability to do it within the grow room, thus is why I made the comment, it was to help with the understanding on why its not commonly done.

the light won't bend, so the light will be going horizontally the whole way across the room, it will never 'fall down' and hit the plant, the majority of the light will hit the plant will be light reflected from the walls of the room.

Wtf are you talking about? The light will go until it hits the walls?! That's why you put plants in the way. You can't tell good by the pictures but each bulb is surrounded by plants. Top of the socket is at the height of the plants. You don't put the bulbs above the plants lmao!!!

donny darko

Nice too have you back and nice room.
I love all the closet cats talking about efficiency and gpw. It a lot different boys when you get past your 1 or 2 lights. Hell start talking when you can do it consistently with a 12 light or larger room, one that requires a little thought and skill to put together.

whatthe215

Veteran
Awesome space, I'm setting up a 9k SS#4 room now and looking at some commercial space to go a bit bigger so this has given me a few ideas.

When it comes to commercial spaces, is there a limit to how much power I can pull? Is anything preventing me from pulling 30k+?

cody2white

ghost in training
Veteran
Great looking room(s) I only dream of the day when I'm able to blow out a commercial building. I bet your elec bill is huge

DrFever

Veteran
Nice too have you back and nice room.
I love all the closet cats talking about efficiency and gpw. It a lot different boys when you get past your 1 or 2 lights. Hell start talking when you can do it consistently with a 12 light or larger room, one that requires a little thought and skill to put together.

your absolutly right i average 1160 dry grams per 1000 watt lit area
I have run over 40,000 watts in my rooms producing 100 kg of bud a week
having 6 green houses doing 200,000 clones for 300,000 $ is pretty good cut ya think when you go to water it takes 13 hrs to water 3200,00 in power every 3 months spending over 600,00 a month litteraly on food alone thats big my friend either way nice grow will be watchin your updated pics good luck

PS also when talking indoor having 700 clones and another 1400 in veg and flower becomes a choir

wtf????

the lights go at the side of the plants, not above, 6/7/8ft tree growing style, its not a little scrog like your setup, hence all the bulbs light being used

and i get nice 6 oz plants underneath my horizontal lights also inbetween the trees. so not sure on your thoughts on there being no light out of the bottom of the bulb