What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

16 kW. 8 flip. Sealed w/ lung.

420eden

Ganja - Thanks!

Cheese - Props on the pic! And on having such a nice bud to take a pic of in the first place! ;) I can't eait to see some buds either. They're just starting to set now.

D2G - The sump I am using is a 1/6 horsepower Rigid. I have been informed however taht these are oil filled not magnetically driven, and that if it leaks oil into my solution and then I water with it I am going to have a problem. Next run I will have a second 400L res, and each of them will be hooked up to a 950 GPH magdrive, 3/4" pvc plumbing and 1/4" feed lines.

down2grow

That's exactly what happened to a friend of mine. Oil leaked and he lost his whole crop! My local shop advised me to go with a pump that's used for ponds. I was wanting to handwater and a hose/wand combo, but I'm afraid of this oil thing.

D2G

420eden

Thanks Orygun. It's been a lot of fun.

D2G - I am concerned about it, and aware of it. So I check to see if my solution looks off. The pump was brand new when I got it, so hopefully it's in good shape. And hand watering with the wand is nice. It aerates the solution as you water lots of little bubbles appear on the top of the coco. So far so good! And thanks for the heads up!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
dope ass setup...wish i had that kinda square footage to work with..this taking place in california?

also...does your passive intake have any kind of filtration..i like your intake manifold idea..im still trying to figure out how to simply run a passive intake for my 10x10 bedroom with filtration and 10in ducting..

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
tagged. looking incredible, can not wait to see this in full swing. good vibes and peace your way bro.

aod

edit*can you tell me what the name for the collapsible tank is? trying to search for it on the website and i cant find it. thanks

I just died laughing when someone asked if this was your first go.

ROI.... Why go small when you can go bigger? Looks like it was done on a budget, but effectively as hell, what exactly was the outlay if you don't mind me asking. this thread fucking rocks & looking forward to seeing things progress. Stay safe & good luck.

STFU

Love the barebones approach and the very efficient use of AC :) Haha I don't want to bring up the whole AC debate again.. Subbed looks great so far. Can't wait to see a flower update!

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Woah.... Happy I'm getting in for this one early. Looks like your putting on one hell of a show Eden. Keep up the hard work.

-N.Kron:rasta:

grow nerd

Veteran
Grow nerd - Could you provide me with a little more info? Other than the AC, what components am I "severely under equipped" for? 20k btu is only good for a 1-3 light room? 12k is easily cooling my 4 lights as it is. What other "major components" will I need. And no, this is most def not my first show.
DH, AC, scrubber. That's a pretty big chunk. And the AC isn't allowing for more lights, so lights. (But if it did, and you added more plants/canopy, your DH won't do.)

420eden

Fat blunt - Thanks!

Aero - You too!

Yes - Having a large open space to work with certainly was nice. The passive intake does not have any filtration. I'm not sure whether a passive intake will work with a filter, as it requires a fair amount of suction in order to draw air through the thick filter. Anyone have any experience with this?

GSF - It's my first run with the H&G, and so far I love it. Much cheaper than the Canna, especially when you factor in the higher concentration.

Narcotics - you three!

AOD- I know what you mean about not being to wait until it's in full swing. Thaks for the positive energy! ps. the link is http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/...artial&Ntx=mode+matchall&N=0&Ntk=P_PartNumber

Leroy - Isn't everything done on a budget? ;) The wall sections were all built to be modular, and the top and sole plate of each is 8', so I didnt have to cut any of the plates. There are 3 different types of wall section. Each of them is exactly 8' long and 74" high. It is essentially 2 rooms each measuring 24' x 8' with a 36" hallway running the 24' length between them. The outside walls are typical load bearing walls with a double top plate and 16" centers. The inside walls because they have the removable plywood panels have a header composed of 2 - 2x6's laminated with a piece of 1/2" plywood sandwiches between them. This way there is only 1 stud in the center of an 8' wall section. The walls on the ends of the room and dividing each flowering room from the lung are just partition walls with 24" centers. The whole pod is insulated on the perimitter and top with R12. I just wrote all of this and noticed that you asked for the outlay, and not layout. Oops. If it was in fact the cost you were asking about, it's hard to say as much of the equipment and supplies have been accumulated over time.

STFU - Thanks for not bringing it up! I've been informed. ;)

Northern - Thanks a lot!

Grow nerd - I just noticed that you have edited your post. Thanks for including some info instead of just restating your opinion. These issues will be addressed before adding more lights/plants. So far as this run goes. Everything is right in check with what I am running.

Fathertime - You should get yourself some popcorn. I hope you enjoy the ride.

Everyone else. I will try to get updated photos on here tonight. Things are moving along!

420eden

Day 11

IMG_0347-1.jpg

IMG_0387-1.jpg

IMG_0376-1.jpg

IMG_0366-1.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

Day 17

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0387-1.jpg

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
looks pretty good ..i like the construction aspect of this thread i like the way you set up those rooms and good work keeping things clean........are you using the full H&G line up

STFU

Quick question about your decision to use plywood. Obviously the doors that are removed with handles is super slick.. But any pros/cons of plywood vs sheetrock as a building material? pros/cons in the growroom sense, but also in the construction sense. $, weight, humidity, level of noise, temp, sound insulation?

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
looks real nice. My only thought is if you're gonna go horizontal ya might as well go with some aircooled hoods though. lookin forward to this one.

Latest posts

Latest posts