What's new

16,000w Coco 6/9 DTW tree grow

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just to give out my two cents...micropropagation is possible at home. I think many young students try it at school now.
It is not easy but it is possible. The first problem I encountered is contamination. Using an hybrid technique developed for fungi spores germination it is possible (with a good %) to store a DNA in few cells. Thanks to the nutrients in the medium (basically carbon) it can survive and grows a little, without any need for oxygen, so it can stay close in a little jar.
Branching and rooting can be triggered naturally or with hormones.
It is possible to work with DNA too using chemicals to try to obtain a modified DNA, impossible to have with the normal genetic recombination.
Many useful information can be found on the web, mine is just one: the key is to know how to sterilize everything and keep it uncontaminated till the jar is ermetichally closed.

OP sorry for the off topic:wave:

Lol, I know what you mean, too much room and you know your losing something. I gave up years ago on comfort, seems like what is best for the plants isn't always best for me.

I completely agree that most 6/9 problems are buildup related. Run that stuff at a reasonable ec without a ton of additives and get decent runoff and life will be good. Can't remember if your using it or not but drip clean works fantastically with 6/9, gotta go through the cycle with it though, would not add it mid stream. Another one is sm90, shits money, it works as a surfactant wetting agent wh increases uptake and as a slight sanitizer which in a synthetic nute soilless media situation does not suck.

So I started running drip clean at 0.4ml/gal. I also picked up a gallon of SM-90. I added 2ml/gal to all the rez's. My question: how often do I apply SM-90 as root drench in DTW coco?

Thanks,
Karl

theother

So I started running drip clean at 0.4ml/gal. I also picked up a gallon of SM-90. I added 2ml/gal to all the rez's. My question: how often do I apply SM-90 as root drench in DTW coco?

Thanks,
Karl

Every feed is perfect, use it to your advantage also, it tends to raise the ph and definitely increases uptake. In coco res's I think I almost always could get the ph I needed with silica and sm90 no matter what the base nute, know for a fact it works with 6/9. If you see a bit of tip burn no worries it is the surfactant in the sm90 that increases surface area of the solution with the roots. I also think it helps with keeping salts from binding to coco, certainly the dc sm90 combination is money. I never had any problems with sm90 being over applied, obviously common sense plays into this but at 2 per it sounds like you are on your way.

theother

Yep. I built the trays out of OSB board, 2x4's, and tin siding left over from my warehouse construction. They measure 2'x8'. i also built the legs and an upper frame for them that mounts the hoods/co2 line and any cords. This framework is built out of conduit.

I've been super happy using the galvanized roofing as a floor! Seems to me for the size smart pots I use that there is really no better thing for them to sit on, I prefer it to the bottom of lowtide trays or the id trays.

Like the conduit frame also! I'm way more into metal lately, pretty hard to get fucked by metal off gassing.

Pharmacologí

It's definitely something someone can do at home. While I intend on making a business from the process, I bank on a market existing in my region that will not want to also build, maintain, and run culture labs at their grow locations. But the information and protocol for successful micropropagation of cannabis is public scientific domain. I encourage anyone to try because it is fun and you learn about the plant at a cellular and hormonal level.

Tissue culturing in order to propagate your cannabis is possible in a room that is air scrubbed, carpet less, clean, climate and humidity controlled, and you have a flow hood or a clean box at the very least. There are always dishes. It is, in actuality, a laborious process. This is why it makes sense as an outsourced thing where large numbers of plants are the concern or genetic storage. If one has to move, or the plants get stolen, or Pythium sneaks in one day and roasts all one's plants overnight, or whatever, it's nice to know that a square foot on a tissue culture shelf could restore all that if need be. But, maintaining a lab and working with in vitro plants and washing and labeling jars is a time intensive, labor intensive process. It's fun enough to me to devote a lot of time to.

indocult

Nice stuff man!

The tissue culture intrigues me, I know in mycology that it's possible to re animate dried tissue. This makes me wonder if it's possible to clone from TC a dried bud.This is something I've wondered about for a long time, never done the research into what hormones provoke what growth from tissue cultures of plants.
Sorry to get off topic, found a tissue culture thread the other day and lost it so had to respond to TC talk

chrondondalae

It's definitely something someone can do at home. While I intend on making a business from the process, I bank on a market existing in my region that will not want to also build, maintain, and run culture labs at their grow locations. But the information and protocol for successful micropropagation of cannabis is public scientific domain. I encourage anyone to try because it is fun and you learn about the plant at a cellular and hormonal level.

Tissue culturing in order to propagate your cannabis is possible in a room that is air scrubbed, carpet less, clean, climate and humidity controlled, and you have a flow hood or a clean box at the very least. There are always dishes. It is, in actuality, a laborious process. This is why it makes sense as an outsourced thing where large numbers of plants are the concern or genetic storage. If one has to move, or the plants get stolen, or Pythium sneaks in one day and roasts all one's plants overnight, or whatever, it's nice to know that a square foot on a tissue culture shelf could restore all that if need be. But, maintaining a lab and working with in vitro plants and washing and labeling jars is a time intensive, labor intensive process. It's fun enough to me to devote a lot of time to.

I saw the flip box and knew we were in the same area. Would like to get in contact with you but not able to pm on here yet. ?

Friendly Fire

Hello,

I'd have a few more pictures, but uploading pictures to this forum with only an iPad has proven difficult to a humorously notorious level.

Pharmacologí uses tissue culture to provide genetic banking services and clone production at any level, including mass production.

Below is shown the one photo that's managed to upload properly. A single axillary bud from a tertiary shoot of a mother plant has produced an in vitro shoot from which many clones will be proliferated.

Karl and I will be working with Gravedigger Seeds to store their genetics and produce clones to order.

View Image

Cool. I've also heard that this is a good way to get new mothers that are free of disease that were present in the mother plant. Is this true?

Little update. Sorry no pics, it's a huge Pain for me to get pictures onto this site. Is there an app or something to make it easier..?

Currently have both 8k rooms and the veg room at full continuous production. Growing 8 strains. A carpenter is currently framing out a new 16x25 flower room with a new 16x30 veg room above it (second level with stair access and catwalk balcony.) we will convert the current veg room into another 8k flower room bringing me to over 40,000 flowering watts by early summer.

My snow dog is the clone only. Amazing strain. Yield, high, bag appeal. Everything. It grows and produces like blue dream but it's a wonderful indica. Much much better to grow than purple kush (dense grower that doesn't tree up. Have to grow 2 purple kush per 1k even after 3 month veg) and not nearly as temperamental as my OG kush. This and blue dream are the 2 strains that will never leave this warehouse.

I veg for about 10 weeks from cutting the clone off the mother to flower.

My drip system is like this. Reservoirs with huge air stones from a huge air pump and $100 sump style pumps from hydro store in each Rez. Each Rez feeds around 24 sites (8 plants 3 droppers each) (NOT the pumps intended for just moving water through a hose, it needs real muscle.) from the pump there is a straight 20 ft line of 1/2 tubing that runs down the center of the tables and is plugged at the other end. Into this 1/2 inch line I plug in 1 gph emitters. From there, 3/16 spaghetti line with an on off valve installed in the center which ends with a drip stake. 3 droppers per pot. In flower they are fed 6x a day for 10 minutes a session. Generally there is little to no runoff until flush at the end. In veg they are watered when beginning to dry after transplant. Once root bound they are watered 2-3x per day.

Veg EC 1.0
Flower EC 1.2

Running:
6/9 at 3ml/4.5ml per gal
2ml camag
Protekt silica
3 ml Sweet raw
Koolbloom liquid
Koolbloom dry
Sm-90
Dripclean
With a splash of well water to stabalize it

Currently sitting around 1gpw. Sometimes a bit more with blue dream, usually a lot less with purple kush. Wish I could just ditch the purple kush but patients love it and the finished product/pain relief is too valuable. First commercial grow and I've only been in this building much under a year so I am very grateful.

Forgot to mention,I'm controlling mites with routine co2 poisoning. Haven't had to spray in a few months and smooth sailing. Haven't seen a single fungus gnat despite them hanging out in some orchids and house plants in the office part of the building. I thought they were going to be a major issue and bought granulated mosquito dunks as a precaution early on. I am thanking clean rooms and healthy root zones for that.

mowood3479

Veteran
Idk if it's allowed but I'd check out the pics on ig. Sweet thread, I think I'm gonna do the metal roofing trays in my next build out.
Thx, keep it up.

Latest posts

Latest posts