What's new

16,000 watt warehouse grow part one

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
That is a shit load of hydroton. Do u wash and reuse or just trash it? And if you do wash it do u use h2o2 or bleach?

If you trash it, make sure to keep the reciept. In Colorado you can use it for Zero-Scaping and claim it on your taxes. While helping to preserve our precious water and pristine rivers.

Mr.Bigbud

This is the first time I've looked at this thread..... when I saw your flowering ladies I almost wet my pants, great work! It's a medical grow then right? I would love to do something on this scale, but I'm to pretty for prison!!! And I'm in the uk where space is not that cheap or plentiful!! Keep up the good work mate!!!

But do us a favor and read up a bit, the politicians are battling it out right now...And we shall see. Sometimes you gotta wonder if they have the patients best interests in mind?
Patients seem to be the last consideration, from what I can tell. Making political hay from a hot-button issue is another story, and one that seems of much greater interest to media and politicos alike.

Teefers

Nice job and good read. Thanks to all for the good info. I am looking into doing something similar and have found a good place to start here.

thanks guy's much appreciated. yes i do reuse some of my hydroton. I'm not all into trying to break all the rootmatter down but will collect and clean all the loose rocks off. i them try and use the rest in my garden at home. I'm planting a 9ftx 60ft spot at home to grow veggi's. that i plan on donating to our church's food pantry. all i do to clean the left over hydroton is scrub it in as hot watyer as i can and then i'll rewash it agian using a little sm-90 and hydrogen peroxide.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Hmm, I'm in the process of setting up my 16kw too, and am using 5X 55 gallon barrels. Each has a float valve hooked to a huge RO system, so they will always be full. 1 res goes to veg room, and each of the 4 rows of 4 lights has it's own 55g res, doing a perpetual system so I can have something different in each res (like, transition nutes, early flower, late flower, flush!)

Doing drip to no run-off in Smartpots with Tropf blumat autowaterers, all gravity fed, no pumps or timers. :) I will just have to add nutes every few days but each tank has its own meter. Someday I'll have a pH doser in each one too, woot!

word sounds like a fun project. happy growing and good karma to you. keep us posted. man time does go fast doesn't it . it's already time for another update. week 6 and only 3 more to go. well is seems some of our plants might be ready in about 8. were planning on one more week of nutes and we'll start flushing at week 7 harvest anything thats ready and just let the rest of the room flush for a second week.
our second room just finished it's first week of flower and holy crap it's already got some great bud sites started and there stretching nicely these girls are going to be fat.
our 3rd room is coming along but some of the plants really took of and are getting huge wile others are just now starting to take off we still have 3 more weeks to veg this room so it's going to have some huge plants.
finally after alot of work we got our second location up and running. with only 9k lights in this room to start. we decided to only run 46 plants for the first round. then were going to add 3 to 6k more lights and go as high as 60 plants.
well hears some new pics. enjoy

IMG_1940.jpg

IMG_1941.jpg

IMG_1947.jpg

IMG_1967.jpg

hears the second room 1 week into flower

IMG_1920.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

hears a couple of ak47 moms there alittle over 6ft tall.

IMG_1913.jpg

hears the new biulding all up and running
IMG_1972.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg

CannabisTHC

Wow look at this madness. Beautiful grow man, those mothers are bigger than mine and I thought mine were huge. Only problem with having such big mothers is the stems turn woody and hence slows rooting time on clones. I'm about to chop my large mothers to make way for new moms.

RockyMntHigh

Thanks for the reply. That stuff is a pain. It gets everywhere, in your car, follows u home, sneaks into your dreams. I get about 2/3rds of it back though i do kept the control box 4" below the buckets and most of my vegging on a table. i'm getting a little yellowing for a week or so after transplanting into reused beads. Not sure if it is the beads holding onto the high levels of potassium being used or ? i do wash with about a 1/2 cup of h2o2 per bath tub of water.

toohighmf

Veteran
not to mention they break res's or pots, and if you ever stepped on 1 barefoot, the amount of screaming and flipping out over a single little clay pellet can ruin your whole day. I call em disease traps due to the porous exterior. However, they do what their supposed to and work great in so many applications. Obviously RMCC has few issues with the stuff, aside from a little pythium early on. I hate hydroton! but I love this grow! simplicity rules bro!

thanks guy's much appreciated. i know what you meen to high i slipped on a piece of hydroton the other day that almost took me down hard. i was thinking of trying out some hygromite next timeand see how it works. and info on that stuff?

toohighmf

Veteran
Hygromite is a great medium, but it almost reminds me of vermiculite & a soil the way it retains water. Seems better suited for top drip or to line the bottom of your ebb n grow with below rocks or rockwool croutons. I use croutons & hydroton on some mother stock and it's the fastest substrate next to coco out there.

word thanks for the info. I'm really interested in coco also. so i have a ? for you guy's. it looks like my partner and myself might be getting a new place and having a new invester stepping in. so we have a chance to sign a new lease on 2500sft and now are looking at new way's to put it together. keep in mind we stick to doing less than 100 plants and so far all my other biuldings are 90. I'm thinking of doing a smaller pre veg room and 2 large main rooms to veg and flower like 45 plants per room. maybe 16to20k lights per room ? and i was thinking of biulding a rdwc or even possibly soil in 33 gallon trash cans ? vert bulbs ? if you could biuld your dream grow what would it be. if this deal works out we have 35k to spend to biuld this.

toohighmf

Veteran
2 20 light rooms, 20 ballasts and a horti control 20 ballast flip. save some money on ballasts and run constant spike free power. RDWC all the way. you know your craft. stick w it!

I agree with toohighmf: "you know your craft. stick w it!" Your plants look awesome. Let the assembly line run, build up some capital, and save the tweaking and tinkering for a few months down the road -- when the weather turns, for example.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
I agree with toohighmf: "you know your craft. stick w it!" Your plants look awesome. Let the assembly line run, build up some capital, and save the tweaking and tinkering for a few months down the road -- when the weather turns, for example.
I like tinkering around, too.
The thing you have to be careful with is losing a crop.
R&D vs Assembly

Same goes for breeding and testing out new strains.