What's new

16,000 watt warehouse grow part one

Good Lord that's got to be a pain in the back :D
I think it's like flying airplanes. Pilots always say the 747 is the easiest plane to fly. Since it's very large, it is very stable.

While it takes a little longer to fill and drain, larger reservoir volumes are more stable which makes adjustments easier. Your nute concentration drops at a lower rate because the water uptake is a smaller percentage of total volume. Concentration=Quantity/Volume

Generally the bigger res, the better considering space constraints. And that is a logarithmic curve so at some size res making the res larger has little effect. You'll get diminishing returns on increasing size.

Complicated way of saying, find the balance. The balance between adjustment maintenance, space, system flush maintenance. On my setup it is about 45 gal. Unfortunately I'm running a 35 gal which means I need to adjust a little more often than I'd like. No more space. :(

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Yeah, my res is unfortunately too small for my current set-up. Currently run about 40gal and have to mess with it multiple times a week.

Oh, well....
Gonna get a much bigger res next time.

yeh 55gal is definatly to small for my girls. currently in 2 of my rooms there drinking 25 and 30 gallons a day. when i get the loot i want to get some 250 gal rez's.

toohighmf

Veteran
I think it's like flying airplanes. Pilots always say the 747 is the easiest plane to fly. Since it's very large, it is very stable.

While it takes a little longer to fill and drain, larger reservoir volumes are more stable which makes adjustments easier. Your nute concentration drops at a lower rate because the water uptake is a smaller percentage of total volume. Concentration=Quantity/Volume

Generally the bigger res, the better considering space constraints. And that is a logarithmic curve so at some size res making the res larger has little effect. You'll get diminishing returns on increasing size.

Complicated way of saying, find the balance. The balance between adjustment maintenance, space, system flush maintenance. On my setup it is about 45 gal. Unfortunately I'm running a 35 gal which means I need to adjust a little more often than I'd like. No more space. :(

A big rez is great for many reasons. but if your running a recirculating rez you really should be running the whole rez through each feed cycle, and allow it to fully run through the whole grow. this helps stabilize the PH. In drain to waste scenarios a big res is perfect. 16Kw.... definitely! nice setup and I like the fert reg. keep up the good work!

hey thanks alot guy's. i'm working hard and learning lot's. thanks to some of you guy's that truley have a gift and are willing to share there knowledge to help some of us become better grower's. i give much respect and try to pay it forward.

Rednick

Veteran
'Pay it forward' has always seemed to be a good concept in my opinion.

But if all else fails, a good episode of South Park will do the trick.

the room thats almost done flowering was vegged for 6 weeks but only because we had a pump fail and we got root rot. normally we do a about 5 weeks. once clones are rooted into starter cubes i transplant them into 4x4 cubes and veg in a flood and drain for a week then i transplant them into the ebb and grows for 4 more weeks.

we go from this at 1 week veg

IMG_1783.jpg

to this is at 4 weeks in the ebbandgrows

IMG_1854.jpg

i don't need to get paid, but i would take some free gear lol . i would never say this is the end all setup by no meens. but great results do speak for themselves.

True. And dialing in the overall environment doesn't hurt either! Keep up the good work. (As a former Coloradoan who left 2+ years ago -- right before things took off -- I am "green" with envy!)

yeh 55gal is definatly to small for my girls. currently in 2 of my rooms there drinking 25 and 30 gallons a day. when i get the loot i want to get some 250 gal rez's.

I have a setup of similar size except i top feed dtw. I go through about 45-55 gallons a week for every two 1000w's. So for 16kw's i would go through roughly 400g a week. As far as buying one 250 gal res.I don't know sounds pretty expensive and tough to clean. I use 65 gal trash cans 45$ or 55 gal blue drums 20$ and link them at the bottom with 1" hose and a valve so i can connect them all or use each one individually. Gives alot of versatility if you have mutiple strains or things finishing a different times.

Rednick

Veteran
i hear that. maybe someday you'll come to your sences and have to move back:smokeit:

But do us a favor and read up a bit, the politicians are battling it out right now...And we shall see. Sometimes you gotta wonder if they have the patients best interests in mind?

Latest posts

Latest posts