What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

15x600 watt 48 bucket system

gottt it

B00st3d said:
ya wtf is dav zap talkin bout ? Everyone likes to second guess others on here thinkin they know something we dont already know. The proof is in the eatin, and if it aint broke then dont fix it. The mans gettin tremendous results with them 600's. And who reads a book to learn how to grow ? So many ppl think they know it all cuz they read a book or they read the posts on here . Learnin how to grow comes from experience, trial and error , etc...You dont know shit until you grow several successful crops, end of story.

its all good im sure his growing expieriece comes from a 250 watt hps in a 3x3 cabinet ..

i dont really wanna start talkin shit to people cuz i dont wanna get banned or what not .. but if u wanna hate plz stay off my thread ..

IMO.

IMO.

you live somewhere that gets below zero and your thinking about using an a/c in the winter???? hold one i just need to throw a couple cents in here.

IMO, i would just take 50-100 ft.(cut as needed for proper temps) of ducting hooked to an inline fan and run it outside. will return air fucking cold as shit. I also use a climate controler so... not saying don't have an a/c for backup, but useing a 70 watt inline and the earth/enviroment, instead of using a 600+ watts a/c makes sense to me.

gottt it

It doesnt get below zero here .. in the winter I dont need a AC .. In the summer I will definately need one ..

3BM

Even in areas where it gets very cold in the winter you will still need AC in the summer dont you? Just to clarify we are talking about using *Thousands* of watts, indoors. Even if its 60F (outside) during the light cycle you arent likely to get enough cooling from an ambient intake. You have to run AC in the winter ... right? Please forgive me if Im not understanding, but I think i see where gotttit is going here. 9K watts = 30000+ btus of heat (if 1000w = 3400btu). This guy knows his shit. Thanks for the show! :wave:

dav zap

$ = ?

$ = ?

Hey gottit what ya gott? $ and no books? I get good & stoned from my modest 400w grows. Skinny potent joints, or half joints and its stoned time. With UV-B. Its in the sun and all the books but because you do not believe in education you bad rap me? Intelligence would at the least Google it, but that does mean reading new material. God forbid. THats ok You've got em eating out of your billfold. $10,000 for equip. and 0 for education? Experience doesn't teach you about light rays you cannot see. Have a nice day.

Boosted3 you're reception of new information is wonderful. :muahaha: :bashhead:

Question: How do you disguise the 100 amp draw besides the normal house draw? Or are you the biggest draw in the neighborhood?

Last edited:

Kilbud

AC

AC

gottt it said:
thx for the info KilBud!

Hi Gott It,

I was wondering if you ran the calculator that I posted on my earlier thread. I was curious what size AC it was telling you you needed.

If your going to run a sealed room with CO2 you will probably need the AC in the winter. All that I have read says with CO2 you want to run the room around 85 degrees. Without CO2 you should run the room around 72-75 degrees.

Hazelnuts

Wow, that's a HUGE grow for sure. And if you don't sell the harvest, you're set for life. If you do, you'll make quite a bit of money. Subscribed!

BonsaiBud

I've never done hydro, but I gather your system is 48 buckets on a recirc. I would feel a whole lot safer if I had a UV sterilizer plumbed into the system.

You don't need to worry about CMH (Ceramic Metal Halide) for a while because the biggest they make right now is 400 watt size. However, they do run on an HPS ballast...in case you have a few dozen of those lying around. I suppose you may add a water chiller in the summer too?
Anyway, I have the best of hopes for this one :lurk:
Oh, and that guy talking about UVB just spent $2k on LED arays for 1 plant.
I don't think he knows about the Pink T5. It puts out more than 50% of its output between 400 and 300 nm. It comes in 48" 54 watt sizes. Burns the leaves though. I think I had it too close.

asher1er

Veteran
Gottt it, Like BC mentioned if your temps get that low don't bother with a mini-split. ExcelAir is good but way over-priced, i guess the fact that most people can install it themselves lets them charge what they charge...or maybe its due to the customers they advertise towards :bashhead:

If you knew how to weld copper lines you can get a in and out system(excel air) for about $1500..

as far as the water unit's BC mentioned, they work but everyone just grabs a 5ton water unit and calls it a day because the price from a 3 ton to a 5 ton is not much. there easy to install your self so long as you understand the water needs and can supply it.

The ticket price of $3500 BC mentioned is way up there, unless thats going price around that area...Out in the south you can get a 5ton water cooled a/c for about $1900 :joint:

gottt it

dav zap said:
Hey gottit what ya gott? $ and no books? I get good & stoned from my modest 400w grows. Skinny potent joints, or half joints and its stoned time. With UV-B. Its in the sun and all the books but because you do not believe in education you bad rap me? Intelligence would at the least Google it, but that does mean reading new material. God forbid. THats ok You've got em eating out of your billfold. $10,000 for equip. and 0 for education? Experience doesn't teach you about light rays you cannot see. Have a nice day.

Boosted3 you're reception of new information is wonderful. :muahaha: :bashhead:

Question: How do you disguise the 100 amp draw besides the normal house draw? Or are you the biggest draw in the neighborhood?

doesnt matter what i do in life .. i will ALWAYS have a hater right around the corner..

sorry they like to look at a room that they would probably never want to run because of the risk involved ..

and as far as i am concerned i dont have to read books anymore .. im a little past that i guess .. and i dont really care about the lighting your talking about it isnt going to help me AT ALL

you come on my thread talkin bout dummb shit so save it buddy .. im not here trying to make friends or enemies but plz save the hate ..

gottt it

Kilbud said:
Hi Gott It,

I was wondering if you ran the calculator that I posted on my earlier thread. I was curious what size AC it was telling you you needed.

If your going to run a sealed room with CO2 you will probably need the AC in the winter. All that I have read says with CO2 you want to run the room around 85 degrees. Without CO2 you should run the room around 72-75 degrees.

I tried to use CO2 in the past and it just didnt really help me I dont think .. so the past few years i just said fck the co2!

and that calculator wouldnt work on my comp it was just blank so i didnt even bother with it

gottt it

BonsaiBud said:
I've never done hydro, but I gather your system is 48 buckets on a recirc. I would feel a whole lot safer if I had a UV sterilizer plumbed into the system.

You don't need to worry about CMH (Ceramic Metal Halide) for a while because the biggest they make right now is 400 watt size. However, they do run on an HPS ballast...in case you have a few dozen of those lying around. I suppose you may add a water chiller in the summer too?
Anyway, I have the best of hopes for this one :lurk:
Oh, and that guy talking about UVB just spent $2k on LED arays for 1 plant.
I don't think he knows about the Pink T5. It puts out more than 50% of its output between 400 and 300 nm. It comes in 48" 54 watt sizes. Burns the leaves though. I think I had it too close.
[img
]http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/35498LasVegasStripBox-thumb.JPG[/img]

I dont think ill need a water chiller in the summer it shouldnt get that hot ive been out here for hella years and havent needed a water chiller .. im good on spending 2k on some useless lights .. i used to waste money like that to test shit out and then i noticed that all the NEW shit doesnt exactly work light reg. HPS lights .. :joint:

gottt it

asher1er said:
Gottt it, Like BC mentioned if your temps get that low don't bother with a mini-split. ExcelAir is good but way over-priced, i guess the fact that most people can install it themselves lets them charge what they charge...or maybe its due to the customers they advertise towards :bashhead:

If you knew how to weld copper lines you can get a in and out system(excel air) for about $1500..

as far as the water unit's BC mentioned, they work but everyone just grabs a 5ton water unit and calls it a day because the price from a 3 ton to a 5 ton is not much. there easy to install your self so long as you understand the water needs and can supply it.

The ticket price of $3500 BC mentioned is way up there, unless thats going price around that area...Out in the south you can get a 5ton water cooled a/c for about $1900 :joint:

ill be lookin for something in the next couple months .. probably at the end of this cycle

full time daddy
Veteran
dav zap said:

if gott it dont mind...... all answer this one! biggest draw dont matter. :bashhead: your just to scared :nono: my bill is 4k a month i disguise it with cash in hand on or befor the day its do pg & e lov's to get payed to ........

rock on gott it dont let the hater's get you down :headbange

gottt it

00420 said:
if gott it dont mind...... all answer this one! biggest draw dont matter. :bashhead: your just to scared :nono: my bill is 4k a month i disguise it with cash in hand on or befor the day its do pg & e lov's to get payed to ........

rock on gott it dont let the hater's get you down :headbange

wow you hit it right on the head! PG&e loves cash

2buds

CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK---what's that noise?
That would be GOTTT IT walking in with his big brass balls. :)

Nice grow man.

Peace